The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default who was the 5 year old mare in the Cesar Parra clinic @ Equine Affaire yesterday?

Lovely, lovely horse! Wow! She really made quite an impression on me, with both her movement and temperament. Does anyone know who she is? Did anyone else happen to see her?

I saw her, and yes, I will back up your description of her. She had GREAT movement. His method of relaxing and stretching them out and then picking them up for work really seems to work!

Did you see him ride his stallion Galant in the 3:30 seminar? Amazingly relaxed. From piaffe and passage to walking on the buckle in one step. No tenseness what-so-ever. Great to see very happy horses looking so good.

That horse was ridden by Katie Riley his assistant. It must be one of his horses that is for sale. (I'm guessing) Beautiful horse and rider.
    Friesians Rule !!

Has anyone heard about Para losing all his rides on Whittens horses?

Question what?

no idea..
    where did you hear this?
    I would find it hard to believe, she's very close to him and seems quite pleased with the results he's achieved..

Smile

I was at a clinic at apple knowl farm in new england last weekend and I thought the results where wonderfull!!!
    There was also talk on this board that Furst Fabio was sold to Hubertus Schmidt , He said he still has him, and is doing great!!!!

I was also at the CRDA clinic at Apple Knoll and at the banquet afterward and there was no mention of him having sponsor troubles. Actually he mentioned how appreciative he was of many people like her.

And yes jiggles, I thought the clinic was great too. Very refreshing to see someone tell it like it is and push riders. I think quite a few of the auditors were not impressed, but the riders all agreed that they enjoyed their experience.

The main focus was relaxation!! It is at the top of the training scale!!
    I also think the riders enjoyed it!!!

From when I last chatted to him (November, so things could have changed) Fabio was distinctly off market, and he was anxiously awaiting his arrival.
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

He said they just could not part with him!!! Love that horse !!
    Anyone one else attend the clinic at apple knowl love to hear what you thought!

jiggles - I usually don't get hung up on little stuff like spelling, but since you've done this twice now, and I can't bear to see it so butchered...it is Apple KNOLL farm.

Please...carry on!

Cool

I am not great at spelling !! Sorry !!

SHW Guest

I was at the clinic and the CRDA dinner where Cesar spoke. I had a wonderful day and enjoyed his sense of humor and his honesty. He was able to get all the horses to relax and do good long and low work with the hindquarters engaged. Every horse improved. It was such a joy to see.

Cool

I agree, I was also at both the clinic and the dinner it was very nice to see the horse's relax!! I knew some of the horse's and to me they seemed much more through and swinging.
    BUT, THERE IS ALWAY'S A BUT!!! REG TRAINER DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE METHOD!!!!! TO LOW ETC, ETC,ETC!!!!
    Please excuse the spelling if it is wrong (sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by pophorse View Post
    no idea..
    where did you hear this?
    I would find it hard to believe, she's very close to him and seems quite pleased with the results he's achieved..
    You are in Florida where its all happening. Is it a rumor or is it true?

njdq2u Guest

The mare's name is "What Happen" known as Happy, owned by Heather Mendiburu. She was one of the top bundeschampionat horses this past fall. A really super horse!!!!

Exclamation update

I have AGAIN heard that Parra has lost his ride on all of Horses Unlimited's horses.
    This is an unsubstantiated rumour at best but who knows, sometimes when you hear things a few times from different sources there might be some truth behind the rumour.
    If it's so that would be a pretty tough blow for him, although he's got some nice horses of his own it remains to be seen if he can afford the top-dollar, push-button, ready-made rides that his sponsor bought for him over the years.
    That being said I would not be too surprised if he got another sponsor pretty soon to fill her shoues, he's got quite a following.

Default Dr. Parra

This is not rumor- all of the horses unlimited horses have been removed from his stables and care and are now under the care and supervision of someone else! 9 horses were taken.....

If it's true, then why has DressageDaily or EuroDressage not broadcasted it to the world. Why keep it a secret when people will find out eventually anyway.

Default holy moly!

Wow!
    whatever happened I wonder! They were so close!!
    Anyone know? He actually was or is in the process of getting his US passport so he could compete for the US, so that would probably be a plus for his (now) ex-sponsor, you would think.
    Someone should start a new thread about this..
    Nine horses he had from H. Unlimited!!
    That will be a hole in the books.
    Why have you not heard from Dressage Daily and/or Eurodressage?
    Because Parra is a client and they are probably busy figuring out how to place some type of "positive" spin on this disaster for the good doc.