The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Talking Rubicon!! Who's going?

Okay, time for a roll call!

I'll be there doing OT with The Princess, and I have two students riding, one entered in TR (the one with the "situationally ditchy" mare), and the other doing her *very first BN*--and *very first Recognized HT*! (She's nervous, but also extremely excited ) I know Pied Piper is taking Matt to his first outing at Novice (he's been schooling well )--this is his maiden voyage at N Level only because he missed out on doing his *first* first Novice when they cancelled Waredaca...

Who else??
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

We scratched both the novice mares today (see my Weekend to forget post). I'll still be there, though. Coaching, grooming, and helping Eric and Sheryl out (probably more during the week setting up so I can be with our people while they compete).

Briefly considered putting Jed in little mare's spot, but I made the decision to keep things easy this fall for him, and I'm not sure I'LL be sound enough to ride anyway!

Good luck to those who are riding!!!

I think Gillian is on the waiting list with Sally.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Ah, yes, the Giant Wait List. I think I am in 17th place on the OT waitlist. This is what I get for trying to do the right thing and sign up for OT rather than TR (which has an 8 person waitlist)...I figured we were pretty confirmed and competitive at T, and shouldn't be in TR any more (not withstanding our VERY TR, not to mention TH [if not BNR and BNH] moment at our very own ditch last weekend)...
    sigh.
    mr. asterix has declared it a nonhorsey weekend so I can't go volunteer this time around. have fun for me!!
    I plan to hit the schooling day in consolation...

i entered rubicon the day i entered waredaca..they aren't calling for rain this friday are they :roll:

figured we were pretty confirmed and competitive at T, and shouldn't be in TR any more
    oh no, ride that wave for as long as you can...unless you of course like being wait listed in the open divisions.

Bummer yellowbritches and asterix! (Although at least yellowbritches will be there "participating" at the event; just not riding this time! )

Asterix, Mr. Dr. D *wishes* he could declare EVERY weekend "a non-horsey weekend"... (Though every weekend pretty much *has* to be a horsey weekend for me, he at least only gets dragged along to the HTs I compete in--so maybe 5 or 6 weekends a year...)

The Schooling day is always enjoyable, though--if I go I'll keep an eye out for you...

tannaman, SHHHH about the weather! (Some of the forecasters are predicting rain on Sunday... I'm remaining in denial about the possibility, and besides--how accurate can they be 6 days in advance? )

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Yep I am signed up and as ready as I will ever be. Thought I was going to be there both days since i was going to trailer a friend on Sunday, but that is now clear so I need to contact them about volunteering. This is my last free weekend before I am going to be SLAMMED with work for about a month but then my schedule really opens up! Great, just in time for winter.
    Grab mane and kick on!

www.rocksolid-training.com

I'll be there doing NR-A.

My big boy will be doing OBN with Gillian! Hopefully I will see how easy it is and be doing BNR with him in the Spring! Gillian had him for two weeks and he seems to be a different pony...forward and happy!

Good luck PP, Dr. D and all the rest.

I'll be there volunteering on Sunday. I have no idea where I'll be, but I'm hoping to XC jump judge so I can sit in my car all day. :-)

Does anyone know when the volunteer schooling day will be?
    Take Your Equestrian Business to the Next Level: http://www.mythiclanding.com/
    Follow me at http://mythiclanding.blogspot.com or http://twitter.com/mythiclanding

We are done competing for the season but I will be there Sunday volunteering- no idea what I am doing but hopefully I can cheer folks on.
    Am going to try to dot eh schooling day too.
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

Hey bambam--how'de it go at the Training 3-Day??

(I'll keep an eye out for you on Sunday--will say hi if I have time! Now I can at least recognize you "off the horse and in civilian clothes"...)

I'll be volunteering both days.
    -my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

I'll be there on Sunday riding in TR-B. Feel free to cheer us on!!

We're definitely going to come out and play on the schooling day. Jed needs to redeem himself from his antics back a couple of months ago (I'm trying to decide, though, if a busy schooling day is the day to do it), and the new guy wants to show us what he's made of and prove that he isn't just a big powder puff big Eq horse (you should have seen his temper tantrum this afternoon when it started to rain and we didn't bring him right in! You would have thought it was acid falling from the sky ). Little mare may come out to play too, with either me or her teenager, and show us that, yes, she DOES know how to jump ditches...she just temporarily forgot on Sunday .

We'll be helping on Thursday, at least.

I actually wish I were ABLE to volunteer Sheryl and Eric are SO wonderful, and put on such a great event--it makes you *want* to help them out somehow! Maybe when I'm "retired" from competing--until then, this is one of my favorites events (and a venue that my finicky mare actually *likes! ), so I always have to include it on my schedule...

RideIrish--that's so cool that Gillian will be riding your boy--I hope he goes out there and jumps around everything willingly, with those great lop ears pricked (you know he can jump the moon when he wants to )

Invested--how has Tedi been doing?? I think you are in the same division as my student, Erin, who has the little gray mare--I'll have to cheer on both of you at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Irish View Post
    My big boy will be doing OBN with Gillian! Hopefully I will see how easy it is and be doing BNR with him in the Spring! Gillian had him for two weeks and he seems to be a different pony...forward and happy!

Good luck PP, Dr. D and all the rest.
    Is that the grey horse that has been at Gillian's place for a couple of weeks? Belle LOVES him.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I will be volunteering both Saturday and Sunday. I will be cross-country judging Saturday but don't know what I will be doing on Sunday. My daughter is competing in JBN in her first recognized HT. She had her very first event last Sunday and if she hadn't had a refusal on cross country she would have won her division!

I'll be volunteering either saturday or sunday. It depends on the weather. If the weather is going to be iffy, then I'll be at Rubicon on the iffy day and hunting on the nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post
    Invested--how has Tedi been doing?? I think you are in the same division as my student, Erin, who has the little gray mare--I'll have to cheer on both of you at once.
    (Knock on wood!!) He's actually been really good lately! Our canter still leaves *A LOT* to be desired (though it is definitely better than it used to be) but our trot work is coming along. I'm going to have Allison warm us up this time so hopefully Tedi and I will ride like we've been doing in our lessons lately.

Jumped the other day for the first time since DVPC HT---ummm, it wasn't so pretty.

Watch, with my luck, we'll actually do well in dressage, then choke jumping.

How's the Princess?