The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Geek, maybe I will see you at the next show with my imported Gypsy Vanner/Friesian/American Grand cross. It is the new thing in Dressage. We are showing Intro level but schooling training. We were set back a year when I found out that my custom-made treeless saddle didn't fit properly (which is of course the reason we couldn't leg yield). Also, my trainer told me I was using the wrong boots on my horse. You really need Eskadrons to leg yield properly. I also had the wrong bit. I was riding in a snaffle but my trainer let me know that I needed a gold-plated bit handcrafted in an Swedish mountain village to get "true" connection.

"Ahh, slc2, I've learned so quickly that I can always count on you....what you fail to see....laugh at ourselves....(yadda yadda yadda)"

ah, ok, thanks for the sermon.

actually, these threads are fairly obviously the so called 'laugh at ourselves' threads, and uh, yeah, they're just not something i find funny. and no, that doesn't make me disabled or mentally ill or retarded, if i don't find something funny that you do find funny.

actually, these threads are fairly obviously the so called 'laugh at ourselves' threads, and uh, yeah, they're just not something i find funny. and no, that doesn't make me disabled or mentally ill or retarded, if i don't find something funny that you do find funny.
    Yeehah! Slc needs more bullwritin!

If you are missing your hairbrush I think I know where it is.
    YOWCH! That must hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    You clearly find this thread interesting on some level, or you wouldn't have posted on it twice. Yes, I know that "interesting" <> "funny" - but I find it amusing that you bother reading and commenting on something that you publicly denounce. You know very well that not one of the posters on this thread cares one whit whether or not you find it funny, because we are all happily entertaining ourselves. Yet you feel compelled to announce your feelings on the subject.

Now, THAT I find interesting.
    Approved helmet: Every time; every ride.
    "When a sport gets to be predictable it ceases to be fun." - RAR's wise brother

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Oaks Farm View Post
    Geek, maybe I will see you at the next show with my imported Gypsy Vanner/Friesian/American Grand cross. It is the new thing in Dressage. We are showing Intro level but schooling training. We were set back a year when I found out that my custom-made treeless saddle didn't fit properly (which is of course the reason we couldn't leg yield). Also, my trainer told me I was using the wrong boots on my horse. You really need Eskadrons to leg yield properly. I also had the wrong bit. I was riding in a snaffle but my trainer let me know that I needed a gold-plated bit handcrafted in an Swedish mountain village to get "true" connection.
    That's awesome you're going to make it to the next show! I was going to take my 18hh GV/Friesian cross, but I've been told he's too small for me. It's too bad, because I just bought a trailer that I'm hoping to tow with my new Smart car.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard Ridge View Post
    Geek! Too many peeps, girl! Time to lay off!
    You are SOO not one to talk about a multitude of peeps, my dear RR. Was it or was it not you that was hiding behind the couch eating candy hiding from the wee ones? I remember.....Oh, I forgot, I have to send candy to your babies, don't I ?
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

*sigh* Our freestyle was done to selections from Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood." Why do Metallica when you can go right to the source? It also helps because if the judges are hurling in their little judges' boxes, they miss when you break gait or forget your test or stuff like that.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    You are SOO not one to talk about a multitude of peeps, my dear RR. Was it or was it not you that was hiding behind the couch eating candy hiding from the wee ones? I remember.....Oh, I forgot, I have to send candy to your babies, don't I ?
    Your memory is way too good.

I am now hiding behind the couch scarfing down the candy corn. I like my holidays, one at a time, thank you, and I am waiting for the Halloween candy corn/candy pumpkin season to be over to address the upcoming Christmas Peep season.

So. No point in sending candy for my children. I can assure you it will never, ever reach them.

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    *sigh* Our freestyle was done to selections from Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood." Why do Metallica when you can go right to the source? It also helps because if the judges are hurling in their little judges' boxes, they miss when you break gait or forget your test or stuff like that.

Pat BOONE??? Doing Metallica???? WWhhhaa?? You're kidding, right? Please tell me this isn't real??

18hh GV/Friesian cross
    you have an American Warmblood?
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    Hi! I am new to dressage, I just bought a beautiful imported Freisan Arab TB cross (because I didn't want a pony sized horse) from Europe who has been trained to the Grand Prix level. We went to our first rated show and got all 8s and 9s in Training Level One, is that good? My trainer rode him in Grand Prix and he won the championship, so I guess that's okay. I was very worried because he was just trimmed by our Strasser guy and the footing wasn't very good.
    Does Ted know he's no longer an only child?
    "And remember-if it gets really bad, there's always tequila..." J.P.

No horse should be Peepless

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Hell's bells?!
    No no no, I disagree. It's got to be more edgy, with a violent undertone...I'd go for "Dude Looks Like A Lady" by Aerosmith. After all, didn't they write that song about Vince Neil (Motely Crue lead singer)
    "And remember-if it gets really bad, there's always tequila..." J.P.

No horse should be Peepless

Pat Boone had some "friends" (yes, yes, with friends like this...) who suggested he do an album of metal favorites. In his own inimitable style. I am not joking. I have one of possibly only four copies sold (a lovely gift given to me by my lab for one birthday...and when I wanted to piss off my colleagues on my hall, we would get the CD going, crank it up, open the door, and let the, um, music waft out).

He does "Stairway to Heaven," "Smoke on the Water," "Love Hurts," and several others. Always cheers me up, because you have to think, "You know, you could be reduced to doing something like this CD...at least your work will stand the test of time, and won't necessarily make anyone hurl. And your work may help alleviate depression, while his may actually cause it."

So you see, a truly fine selection for anyone's freestyle, especially an 18hh GV/Thelwell pony cross. Or whatever it was I rode.

And RR - try the mellowcreme pumpkins. More to them than the candy corn. The candy corn is just for a quick emergency sugar hit, but it doesn't stay with you like mellowcreme pumpkins.

And yes, we are back to freebasing peeps. Now that they are plentiful, we did in a small box of the pumpkin heads last night. Two as a greeting coming in from the pasture, 8 while we were grooming and tacking up, and then two in pieces on top of the bran/alfalfa pellets/beet pulp mash with pancake syrup (great bottle, when empty it will be refilled with molasses).

What does this have to do with dressage, you might ask? Well, this was before/during/after a dressage lesson. And a good one, thanks to all that sugar.
    Last edited by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"; Oct. 28, 2006 at 10:44 AM.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Maybe its just me but I think David Haselhoff looks incrediably HOT in that video! Good Grief, he is one handsome guy! The video, was a little, um, weird.

I so wish I could write as hilariously as all you guys, every time I try, it just comes out sounding boring. Nothing I say is anywhere near as funny or whitty as some.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk-Averse Rider View Post
    Speaking of David Haselhoff... How about this for freestyle music?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50682163363570
    You could be right on the cutting edge with vocals - and maybe you could project the video simultaneously on huge video screens at either end of the arena during your ride.

(Can you believe that this video was a huge hit in Europe? At least, that's what I was told...)

I am not touching that with a barge pole!

Dear Dressage Geek,

Does this new horse have Divine chestnuts or Darwinian chestnuts? I need to know what to look for when I go horse-shopping again.

Quote Originally Posted by egontoast View Post
    Yeehah! Slc needs more bullwritin!

If you are missing your hairbrush I think I know where it is.
    YOWCH! That must hurt.

I just choked on my red wine!
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08

Quote Originally Posted by YoungFilly View Post
    Maybe its just me but I think David Haselhoff looks incrediably HOT in that video! Good Grief, he is one handsome guy! The video, was a little, um, weird.

I so wish I could write as hilariously as all you guys, every time I try, it just comes out sounding boring. Nothing I say is anywhere near as funny or whitty as some.
    Read through this forum, or lately through this thread, for material.
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08

David Hasselhoff, Craig Stevens and I are all really big in Japan. I mean it, really big.

According to legend, lurking in a dark alley.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Risk-Averse Rider View Post
    You clearly find this thread interesting on some level, or you wouldn't have posted on it twice. Yes, I know that "interesting" <> "funny" - but I find it amusing that you bother reading and commenting on something that you publicly denounce. You know very well that not one of the posters on this thread cares one whit whether or not you find it funny, because we are all happily entertaining ourselves. Yet you feel compelled to announce your feelings on the subject.

Now, THAT I find interesting.

Just ignore her; she won't go away.

It's called: Famous, All-Impawtant Dressage Judge WannaBe syndrome. Also known as the "Hey-notice-me-my-opinion's-the-only-one-which-matters" disorder.

She's had it for years. I'm pretty sure there's no cure.