The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

What sick and twisted students. They must be kept away from people, in addition to animals.

My complete condolences to the horse owner.

Angry

Has anyone emailed A&M? I'm not good at putting things like that together but I would love to send them an email....

Please focus on letters and phone calls to the DA! If they are in jail, it will be extremely difficult for them to go to class, which somewhat solves the problem of their academic status.

After we get them convicted for everything applicable, then we can get them expelled. (IMHO)
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    Please focus on letters and phone calls to the DA! If they are in jail, it will be extremely difficult for them to go to class, which somewhat solves the problem of their academic status.

After we get them convicted for everything applicable, then we can get them expelled. (IMHO)

Not so, if they get out on bail and then later if given a suspended sentence they could still be let back in to take classes. It is important to contact both the DA and TX A & M.

These two are mosnters, there are far more deserving potential students out there.

It would be nice to see a scholarship started in this horses's memory by TEXAS A&M, for two needy students who have displayed kindness, sportsmanship, generosity, compassion, and dedication to animals and animal welfare.

The only amendment to the letter I would make is, instead of publishing the URL, put the reference to the news article: Watkins, Matthew, "Two charged in horse slaying," The Bryan-College Station Eagle, October 20, 2006, Local News Section. That way, it is more printer-friendly (who's gonna type in that huge URL?), plus it is permanent, while the URL might not be.

I know this is purely sentimental, but the mare had just won her first blue ribbon.

I think it would also be beneficial to write an editorial and send it to the major TX newspapers in the area. Perhaps from all of us, signed simply, "Members of The Chronicles of the Horse Bulletin Board." Or, if that's not cool with Erin, just, "Many concerned animal lovers" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    These two are mosnters, there are far more deserving potential students out there.

It would be nice to see a scholarship started in this horses's memory by TEXAS A&M, for two needy students who have displayed kindness, sportsmanship, generosity, compassion, and dedication to animals and animal welfare.
    That's a really nice idea.

If my google-stalking skills are up to par, it also appears that the owner works for Texas A&M as well.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I have seen so many times people in the horse business who have drinking parties right there on their farms with the horses, and many people are drunk by the time the party even approaches it's mid-point. And this is why it upsets me terribly to see that. Because horses and alcohol do NOT mix. Things can get out of hand.

Also, that they knocked the horse over with a polo mallet is amazing. Even sober I didn't think that would be possible.
    <><

The poor horse and her owner

If I had children at Texas A&M I would be both terrified and enraged that monsters likes these were on campus with them.

Drinking makes people do some pretty stupid things, but this barbaric act is from something souless...there is something psychotic in these two things, that they would even think about something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauset View Post
    Has anyone emailed A&M? I'm not good at putting things like that together but I would love to send them an email....
    They got an email from me. I requested permanent expulsion, and I suspect that's what they'll get based on my experience with the unversity and the high integrity expected from the students as defined in the rules governing student life.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the profile of an individual who gets drunk and generates enough rage from trivial event in the past to go attack and kill the animal that made him feel inferior. This was a crime of control. Rather than the horse chasing these two guys from a pasture, they conquered the horse. That same mentality drives criminals to murder people with whom they've had petty arguments, rape women who've rejected them, vandalise goods they can't have, etc., etc. The death of the horse is tragic, but I believe in this case, it's a warning of something worse in the psychology of the two guys involved.
    Jer 29: 11-13

That guy is SICK. He also needs psychiatric counseling. They need to charge him for anything and everything: tresspass, animal cruelty, destruction of property (the horse), weapons charges, public drunkeness, everything!

Man I really hate people sometimes. The stuff they do to animals for fun.

Wow...what sick f**ks!! Maybe a lifetime in a mental institution would be in order...I am amazed. Cant wait to hear what tragic tales their attorneys whip up to explain thier transgression! They should just be put out of their misery....they are human debris.
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

PS how can we send a link of this thread to the school and the DAs office? (computer illiterate here!)
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Monsters. Wouldn't it be great if the judge handed over those two 'students' to be tried by a jury of horsewomen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumphigh83 View Post
    Wow...what sick f**ks!! Maybe a lifetime in a mental institution would be in order...I am amazed. Cant wait to hear what tragic tales their attorneys whip up to explain thier transgression! They should just be put out of their misery....they are human debris.
    After my phone call to the DA's office earlier this morning, he said that even the defense was at a loss. You don't go to someone's pasture with a polo mallet and knife in hand and then claim you're just wandering by.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

They're saying on the local TV station that Peterson is a student at Blinn College, not TX A&M.
    http://http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/4440641.html

Angry

Oh sure, I remember in college we always went to Delta Chi's happy hours with polo mallets and knifes and then walked by horse farms on the way home.....sociopathic twisted little freaks...

Angry

I just emailed how I felt about those two to Dean Watson at Texas A&M. I told her everyone would be watching to see how the University handles this. I told her those animals should not be allowed to continue their education there when they are convicted of their crimes. How could anyone contribute money to Texas A&M if they allow the murderers to continue their studies there??

One thought that I had that nobody else mentioned was the college newspapers. Get them convicted in the court of public opinon ON CAMPUS.

At Ole Miss, EVERYBODY read the Daily Mistaker... errr.. Mississippian. You get that in the school paper. game, set, match.

I for one will be sending letters to the DA, A&M and the college papers.
    www.foxwoodfarms.biz
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
    -Member of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/wlrottge