The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Default Drunk college students murder horse in College Station

From the Bryan-College Station Eagle. Article at
    http://www.theeagle.com/stories/1020...0061020007.php

It just makes me cry - anyone who has such a blatant disregard for life needs to be in prison. For a long, long, long time.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Oh My God. I'm speechless, that is absolutely horrible. They had better get convicted!

Thumbs down

ugh.

That is just plain sick.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Someone in the area - please let us know sdetails of prosecutinga ttorney, etc so that we can mount a mail/phone/fax campaign.

Frankly, 4 years in jail, in my opinion, isn't enough. So the horse "chased him in the pasture" - when he must have been TRESPASSING in teh first place.

Since we can't harvest their organs for research/donation as would be my preference, I think they should do a minimum of some years community service at an equine rescue. And they be expelled from college, and denied any scholarships/fellowships from now on in, and it goes on their pemanent record for jobs, etc. Of course, if, while doing service, they srew up, then their organs should be harvested.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Information about the District Attorney's office in Brazos County can be found at http://www.co.brazos.tx.us/departmen...trictattorney/

This is a dispicable crime and A&M is a very horse-friendly place. The town of College Station is made up entirely of A&M loving folks. I think these boys will go down hard, but there is no harm in letting the DA know how you feel about it.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    Someone in the area - please let us know sdetails of prosecutinga ttorney, etc so that we can mount a mail/phone/fax campaign.

Frankly, 4 years in jail, in my opinion, isn't enough. So the horse "chased him in the pasture" - when he must have been TRESPASSING in teh first place.

Since we can't harvest their organs for research/donation as would be my preference, I think they should do a minimum of some years community service at an equine rescue. And they be expelled from college, and denied any scholarships/fellowships from now on in, and it goes on their pemanent record for jobs, etc. Of course, if, while doing service, they srew up, then their organs should be harvested.
    Agreed!
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Default College Students?

What on EARTH could they be majoring in?
    As well as being prosecuted I sincerely hope the college expels both.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

That is just plain horrible. Why would someone do something like this? The horses are beautiful. What sickos.

The poor horse owner..
    One of a Kind Studio
    Equestrian Art and Portraits
    Landscape Design
    Farm Layout and Design

really - WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????????????????????????
    We have a lot of future Ted Bundys on our hands if the legal system doesn't step up to the plate in cases of animal cruelty.
    I just want to take some big backwoods bubbas and some baseball bats and head west. Oh and one of the bubbas is a flaming homosexual and....needy.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

I was looking for that info - it is Bill Turner, 300 E. 26th St., Suite 310, Bryan, Texas 77803, (979) 361-4320

I think they should do a minimum of some years community service at an equine rescue.
    I wouldn't want them at our rescue or anywhere near a horse. Heck, I wouldn't even want them near our horses' poop!

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    What on EARTH could they be majoring in?
    As well as being prosecuted I sincerely hope the college expels both.
    You know, I tried to look them up to see, but neither are in the A&M Directory..

That is disgusting and horrible - I hope they are locked away for a long long time.
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

Do college students walk into this pasture often? I find it bizarre that students have been trespassing in a pasture in the first place. Let’s hope his cell mate is a horse lover!

Premeditated, this makes it far worse IMO; I hope they throw the book at them and hard.
    /Don't Judge...
    1 in 100 children, 1 in 94 boys and 1 in 88 military children...
    It’s time to listen.
    Every day!/

The fact that they used a polo mallet to hit the horse on the head would lead one to believe that one of the bass turds had some knowledge of horses and/or perhaps played polo. At least where I live, a polo mallet is not something the average person happens to have. Sickening.
    Founder of the Olde Farte Clique

Absolutely sick to my stomach that someone could do something like this.

I called the DA's office...the receptionist was surprised that someone from ST Louis MO had heard of what happened in College Station TX...so I said I hoped that the widespread puplic horror at the actions of the guilty parties would encourage the judge to levy the worst possible punishment on the books.

I agree, I wouldn't want these kids near my horses either. And in addition - if they were to make any money from A book, interview, whatever - that money goes back as restitution to the owner.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

No way in hell I'd let them near a rescue! They wouldn't "get it" anyway.

Angry

That is absolutely horrific and heartbreaking. They should be expelled and not allowed to have or be near animals...ever!

I hope the horse's owner is sueing them in addition to the criminal charges. I mean her horse is dead plus if she found the horse beaten like that? I know I'd need therapy or something to get over that trauma - what horrible thing to see.
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first