The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs-n-Frodo View Post
    BWAAAAHHHAAAAAAAHHHAAAAA! A Pocket Rocket????
    His weapon of Mass Distruction!!!
    "The well being of a horse should never be compromised for the ego of a human" dlg 06

http://qualitytack4sale.webs.com/

Judging from the comments on this thread, I think it is a weapon of Mass Distraction....

I do feel for the poor man, though. What a photo for posterity...
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Emryss View Post
    Judging from the comments on this thread, I think it is a weapon of Mass Distraction....
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Emryss View Post

I do feel for the poor man, though. What a photo for posterity...
    oh, but we are maybe looking at this from the point of view of a woman. come on, he's a guy. They love this stuff. They invented Potty Humor. I bet he is proud his little pony enjoyed the ride. And I bet if he has time to read BBs, that he's laughing his butt off over these comments.
    Just tell em a little birdie told ya.

Looks a little shy of "regulation length" to me
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Gold star for the pocket rocket refference! I have never ridden dressage, but gee, it looks like so much fun I might have to try it!

According to legend, lurking in a dark alley.

Default You know, It could

have been way worse.

His horse's dinglefritz could have been doing it's very own airs above the ground as well.

I wonders. Would that have been a pas de deux, of a sort? Or more like matching accessories?

Talking I knew it!!

Now I know why I haven't embraced dressage - it is HARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycher View Post
    Now I know why I haven't embraced dressage - it is HARD!!!
    Hee!

This whole thread is priceless!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

Madam Cleo, all knowing spiritualist to the cosmos, can see that M. Peters mojo is working. But one doesn't need to be psychic to see that, cheri.

Surely I find this thread a whole lot more amusing than anything I've read here for the last couple of months. And I'm quite sure SP is *not* going to engage a lawsuit over it. I mean aren't there much less advantageous ways for a rider to pe pictured *LOL*
    Yes it certainly is childish to giggle over such incidence but since when is it bad to be childish from time to time?!

Truly a seminal moment in the sport's history

Talking

You wouldn't expect to "see men" on the cover of a mag looking like that.

For what it's worth, I finally got to see the NBC coverage of the WEG (my SIL had Tivo'd it for me), and the extremely brief clips they showed of dressage included Mr. Peters (!) with the same problem quite obvious even in a brief clip... Perhaps it IS merely a wardrobe malfunction - I mean... the entire test???

That is just priceless! Years back we had Guenter Seidel in a photo for a product endorsement, well he had the same erm uh problemo! However when we stopped laughing (yup that took awhile!) We photo shopped the bugger. He asked that we not make him look like a girl but to please feel free to make an adjustment to the shot!

He approved that photo, before and after and had a good laugh about it himself! I'm sure Steffan (who is a very amenable kinda guy!) is having a good laugh himself about this.

But . . . come on Ride Magazine, take a look at your cover before you publish it geez!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

ha ha ha, I've just been asked to quiet down or leave the study lounge lol! The librarian is glaring at me with the old 'evil eye'. Today's batch of puns are the best yet ladies.
    "And remember-if it gets really bad, there's always tequila..." J.P.

No horse should be Peepless

I have to admit that I'm a lady rider, and I see the same doofusy wad o' cloth on the front of my show breeches. The culprit is, cloth too thick on the breeches, and they are pleated-front as well, so there's a lot of extra cloth there, and where do you think it ends up? Not pokin' out the rear, you better believe.

Picture proof may be seen at: http://http://merrickstudios.morephotos.com/mp_client/pictures.asp?action=viewphotos&size=thumbnails&thu mbpagenum=1&eventid=21913&eventstatus=0&categories =no&keywords2=no&groupid=0&bw=false&sep=false&ckw= falsehttp://merrickstudios.morephotos.com...alse&ckw=false

Check out the center bottom picture and the top row, second from right. Yech!!
    You can bet I'm going to order some plain-front show breeches in a lighter fabric. And a jacket that fits

(these are pix of my horse's first show! He's a babe!)

Talking No comparison

Sorry, sdhaursmom, a bunched up fabric isn't quite the same as
    Mr. "Pokey-man"!!! Too funny!!!

Darn! Someone got wise and took the photo off the website.
    Party poopers, I say!
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    so if i dont think the same thing is funny as you do, then i'm a sad lonely person? get over yourself, you don't define what is funny for the world, and disagreeing with you doesn't make me sad or lonely. what's funny is an individual choice. i find laughing at this to be very juvenile. you don't. most likely, the law allows both of us to have different opinions, and neither of us will wind up dead or in jail - OR 'unhappy and lonely' because of this issue. if everyone who doesn't find something funny that you find funny is defective, you'll be finding a lot of defective people in the world.

and no. i don't think it's funny. you can go on just about any web site and with any website wi/ pics of guys riding, 1 or 2 out of 10 will look like this. in fact, i went on one other web site, and looked at only one pic of a guy at random, and it looked exactly like this guy. i'm kind of used to guys having those accessories, having lived with one for 25 yrs. and i think it's pretty childish thing to laugh at. you don't. whoopee.
    Your entitled to your opinion..but to come onto a thread that everyone else is having fun on...just to be negative...your obviously a troll. If you thought it was childish, why say anything. You could have just ignored it. Instead you tried to start trouble. That is childish. And that is what makes you sad. Not the fact that you didnt find it funny. The fact you like to start trouble so you get attention...thats sad. I have mostly been a lurker, but i have noticed you being a spoiled sport in a few threads. I am not going to feed the troll anymore. i am done