The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Choo-Choo!!!!

Hi! I am new to dressage, I just bought a beautiful imported Freisan Arab TB cross (because I didn't want a pony sized horse) from Europe who has been trained to the Grand Prix level. We went to our first rated show and got all 8s and 9s in Training Level One, is that good? My trainer rode him in Grand Prix and he won the championship, so I guess that's okay. I was very worried because he was just trimmed by our Strasser guy and the footing wasn't very good.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Ooooh, Geek, you are evil. Very, very bad geek.

Or is this your scary post for Halloween?

Wow that is sooo impressive!
    Did your trainers mom judge? Or your trainers husband? It's only bad if the breeder flew in from Gronignen especially to judge your class but that's that no one will recongnise them. y'gotta be ribboned by a name.

Can you do a clinic at my farm? We got some percheron cross foundation stock for our new stud book Swaledale Sportzherde.

Geek! Too many peeps, girl! Time to lay off!

I bet you and your trainer won because the horse was warmed up in Rollkur
    Last edited by physical.energy; Oct. 26, 2006 at 07:42 PM.
    "The well being of a horse should never be compromised for the ego of a human" dlg 06

http://qualitytack4sale.webs.com/

Was it rollkur? Or the Strasser method? or peeps? or paying off the judge?
    www.specialhorses.org

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    Wow that is sooo impressive!
    Did your trainers mom judge? Or your trainers husband? It's only bad if the breeder flew in from Gronignen especially to judge your class but that's that no one will recongnise them. y'gotta be ribboned by a name.

Can you do a clinic at my farm? We got some percheron cross foundation stock for our new stud book Swaledale Sportzherde.
    Ummm.... no, I think her trainers "client" (of the other variety....) was judging
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

.."no input file was specified?"
    www.specialhorses.org

Well, *I* think it's likely the judge liked your blinged out carrot stick. I'll bet nobody else had one of those. Most DQ's just haven't found the beauty of Parellisim.
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

I'm thinking it was DressageGeek's newly blinged out GPA helmet that won her that class. Not to mention her new EasyBoot Bares. She brought style AND function to dressage. Refreshing, I say!
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08

Well, I only hope you rode in a pelham. Because you can't do any upper level moments without one

Quote Originally Posted by Eventer13 View Post
    Well, I only hope you rode in a pelham. Because you can't do any upper level moments without one
    Well DUH! In the GP, wasn't it like, required??? Novices around this joint...
    5/5/84-7/12/08

Quote Originally Posted by Appassionato View Post
    Well DUH! In the GP, wasn't it like, required??? Novices around this joint...
    Oops, my bad

I'm glad I found where to buy my next horse. I've been looking for years, and its SOOO hard to get any quality TB/Friesian/Arab crosses in the states. Are breeding programs are just so behind the europeans.

So what was your music for the freestyle? You do know that its best to get something rockin', the judges love to have something to dance to while judging your tests. I prefer yodelling myself, but I'm rather old-fashioned.

I think the music ought to be Kenny G and John Tesh.

I just talked to my Cousin. He was all excited that he got to see David Haselhoff at one of th horseshows.

He sadi he was hanging out with the Oranje Crew and basicaly drooling over Anky

Anybody heard about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Well, that would explain why Salinero bolted!

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I just talked to my Cousin. He was all excited that he got to see David Haselhoff at one of th horseshows.

Are you the rider in that photo "Beginning to find his feet".

here's a tip. If you install a mirror on your stomach, you may be able to find your feet.

Your horse will do the Grand Prix better if you cut the grain and get a treeless saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I think the music ought to be Kenny G and John Tesh.

See? This is why you'll never be "me" in freestyle. You just don't get it. You want to rock the judges? Then you've got to be mind-blowing. Just for a gentle start, how about some Metallica? Their later stuff is very new-to-metal friendly.
    5/5/84-7/12/08

It's not true that Salinero bolted. My friend was there and she said Anky was trying to run over Isabel.

Quote Originally Posted by Appassionato View Post
    See? This is why you'll never be "me" in freestyle. You just don't get it. You want to rock the judges? Then you've got to be mind-blowing. Just for a gentle start, how about some Metallica? Their later stuff is very new-to-metal friendly.

Hell's bells?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.