The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

The way I see it the foolishness is not that it happened or someone commented on it (this would probably be expected at any event with worldwide coverage?) but more that people seem to take personal offense by it.
    Get a life people, it wasn't you who Salinero took off with so maybe stop being more shocked than the rider herself *LOL*

Quote Originally Posted by Kareen View Post
    The way I see it the foolishness is not that it happened or someone commented on it (this would probably be expected at any event with worldwide coverage?) but more that people seem to take personal offense by it.
    Get a life people, it wasn't you who Salinero took off with so maybe stop being more shocked than the rider herself *LOL*

That's funny, maybe you might take your own advice when it comes to rk!!!!

The way I see the foolishness over the whole rk thang is not that it happens or that others comment on it but that people take personal offence to it! It wasn't any of the anti-rk'ers who were using rk, so they should get a life and stopped being more shocked than the people who actually ride it!

See.....we can all be 'guilty' of having an opinion contrary to yours, doesn't mean those same people don't have a life or need to be quiet about their distaste for something. Personally I think people posting here that a certain rider 'plowed' into two police horses (which she didn't) a) in order to save her basically more valuable horse 2) to protect her unborn child who some here think shouldn't have bee exposed to the mother's riding 3) and therefore proves that she's not such a great horse person afterall and shouldn't be riding such a beast in public, just a bit more annoying than the world's top riders putting their very fit and supple horses btv for half an hour a day. But that's where were are different I guess. But perhaps keep this in mind next time you poo poo someone's right to get annoyed at the posters here who don't show your tolerance for hysteria and unfair and over exaggerated comment purely to push an agenda.

I remember this rider from the Olympics, wasn't she pregnant then too? Isn't she the same lady who was greeted by like 300 photographers at Amsterdam Airport after the Olympics and then made an announcement right at the airport that she was pregnant? Well, if she could ride pregnant in Athens I see no problem with her riding now.
    Maybe it's not so bad that she takes chances riding Salinero but maybe it's not so great for little kids seeing her do this, it could make young riders try and ride horses they're not ready for and they could get hurt. Salinero is something else , can't wait to get the Salinero Breyer.

In the November 2006 issue of Horse Illustrated, on page 12 is a picture of Anky during the bolt. It's not the picture from Eurodressage's site.

She has a grimace on her face, her left hand is braced on the base of Salinero's neck at the withers, her right hand is up and pulling back at the level of her stomach, and she is standing up in the saddle.

Would this be in the process of maybe a pulley rein?

Default Horses will be horses. Especially in a big atmosphere. I'm glad Anky wasn't hurt. She

I was there. It was only one "help."

WOW! Ain't we all got sumpen better to go on about?

Well nero I guess where we disagree is about what is or what we think should be a topic of general interest *LOL* Rk-discussion per se affects the dressage-world of which I consider myself part. I do NOT consider myself part of Anky van Grunsven's private world or reality like some of the folks up here seem to do.

Re. putting a more valuable horse's life/wellbeing over the life/wellbeing of two policehorses is something you would consider what please? Justified? Very interesting approach to horsemanship on your end indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Kareen View Post
    Re. putting a more valuable horse's life/wellbeing over the life/wellbeing of two policehorses is something you would consider what please? Justified? Very interesting approach to horsemanship on your end indeed...
    Please re-read, I DIDN'T say that, I was paraphrasing what others here were implying and I think the implications are absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

Hehe, Alagirl. Salinero's going to jail, even the rider in the pic is black. That's a great pic, I didn't even realize the rider had black face until my