The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Upstate NY

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherford View Post

We here in the East mourned his departure for California... Or at least those of us who didn't show against him!!
    When I was in college in CA I worked part time for the Houghs at Lakeside. Showdown was there then and what a lovely horse he was! Having seen him show at MSG in the
    70's, it was an honor to be around him.

Lakeside had a lot of nice hunters when I was there in 1974...

San Francisco, CA

Default Montserrat

Montserrat (owned by Ashley Herman of San Francisco) won all three indoors championships in the same year in the small junior hunters.

I believe Montserrat was sold to Paige Johnson of Virginia after that "grand slam".
    Hate is a love furious to deny its own existence. - Sri Aurobindo

Wilsonville, Or

1516- I rode at Sunwood at the same time; we must know each other. Marty Kraemer owned Mississipi Mud before Jo-Jo- Jeff Cook and Kristy are good friends- Many of the horses mentioned i.e. Brad Laird i know- yikes, a small horse world- send me a pm- we can compare our info

Quote Originally Posted by La Gringa View Post
    Does anybody know Perry Grey on here? I was really good friends with her as a Jr. She rode with Duncan MacFarlane back then.

Does she still ride?

I remember Nancy Vincent's hunter when I rode then... Legacy. A gray WB.

Does anybody remember Aloha Kid? He was a pretty nice TB gelding.

Of course there was Code of Honor in Arizona. He was cool in the 90's
    Perry Elizabeth is doing well, she lives in Idaho now. She is on facebook as Perry Grey if you are on there. Her parents sold their farm in Petaluma a few years back and moved to Carmel at that time. I don't know what they are doing now.

Hope you find her on FB. They were always such a nice family, I met them when I was a junior in the 90's and had my horses at their old farm Stoneygate, that is now Alder Lane Farm.
    Specialized Equine Rehabilitation, Reproduction, and Fitness in the Wine Country of Northern California

Quote Originally Posted by keepthelegend View Post
    Megan Johnstones fleet - The Kid, Dexter Dan, Rave Review,Elfin Magic
    Councilor Buck
    Don't forget Homegrown (came from Marie Reynolds in Southern Pines)

Shana Johnston owned Bavaria. Bought her out of Washington. I think it was Brad Laird who started her up there.

Turned down $1,000,000 for her in the early 80's.

When I rode with Linda and Champ in the early 80's Modest Man wand Solaris were two more owned by Barbara Davies (Shana Johnston's cousin).

Solaris was sold to the Farinsky's I believe and Modest Man was turned into a jumper when he had won everything there was to win in the Conformation and regular working hunters.

I remember he was a winner in the Prelim jumpers, but I can't remember if he moved on to Intermediate before he retired.

In the barn at the same time were:

Dance Card (Owned by Barbara Davies and sold as a children's hunter to Megan Furth)

Columbo (Lori Lyons)

Noteworthy (Barbara Davies) and Emmit Kelly (Laura Davies)

I am having a senior moment trying to remember Lynn Farinsky's chestnut hunter, before she bought Life's Pursuit for her last junior year.

I had my nice horse Valor there at the time.

Sutton Place was a force to be reckoned with in those years!
    "Dyslexics Untie!"