The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You must be very proud of both your daughter and your horse. Liz- all your hard work has paid off. I really enjoy hearing about your accomplishments. Don't stop keeping us informed. Have a great time!
    Friesians Rule !!

My question was a serious one. I have never brought a pet with me internationally and remember reading about Debbie McDonald having her puppy with her at WEG, so I thought I'd ask. (I've only imported horses from Europe, not brought animals in the other direction.)

Is there a lot of hoopla to go through to bring a dog with you, or do you just have to present a health certificate and head on your way?

Congrats to Elisabeth and Fizzie!!! Have a grand time in Germany!!!

Back when Tafts Corners was still rural, I went to watch a college acquaintance have a lesson with Madeleine, and I saw little Elisabeth with her pony Mrs. B. (I think that was her name; that little pony was quite a character and had the run of the old Imagica). The kid was talented then, but it took work to get where she is now. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    My question was a serious one. I have never brought a pet with me internationally and remember reading about Debbie McDonald having her puppy with her at WEG, so I thought I'd ask. (I've only imported horses from Europe, not brought animals in the other direction.)

Is there a lot of hoopla to go through to bring a dog with you, or do you just have to present a health certificate and head on your way?
    England requires dogs to go through a 6-month quarantine period. I do not believe that other European countries quarantine dogs.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by canyonoak View Post
    congratulations to Liz and Olivier--I think KB is beginning to realize he is going to have to start creating the next generation of riders and not just sit back to see what and who makes it to GP.

I think this kind of help will do more to create a new level of dressage in this country than almost any one other single thing.
    Second that- the old guy is doing the right thing and hopefully beginning a good new practice and I hope he does wonders with your daughter- she sure looks very talented and the horse is a dream...all the best to both of you- and tell her-- KB's thighs are legendary....there is nothing that can withstand that power...LOL!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeLawyer View Post
    England requires dogs to go through a 6-month quarantine period. I do not believe that other European countries quarantine dogs.
    no they don't - I used to vacation in Germany every summer for 3 months- when my kids were little- took my hunting and working dog along- in a kennel- needs health and rabies cert- but that's all...and we had the best times- in Germany..riding and hunting...

Thanks! I knew about England's requirements, but didn't know about "the Continent".

Congratulations Liz, Liz's mom and Fizzie!!!

I'm glad that people like Liz and her mom post on internet and don't hide themselves behind the bb name. It's refreshing to meet real people with real success stories on BB.

I'm sure if Liz's mom posted something along the lines: my daughter cantered today for the first time - she wouldn't have experienced a nasty reply.

For the ones who are so jealous of Liz and her mom, they still have a long way to go to Olympics and I hope that Liz will still post on BB after she'll place at the top in the world competition. I'm enjoying watching the journey.

Congratulations and have a great time Liz! Please write something for the local GMO if you will! We would love to see some pictures and stories in The TIP!
    There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em.
    Yogi Berra

Phooey on Altered Existence - what a rotten thing to say about a very nice horse and a lovely young rider who has worked her tail off to bring him up the levels.

I say big congrats to Liz and Fizzy! They are a super pair and they both deserve this opportunity. Best of luck to them!

And no, dogs coming from the U.S. (with proper health and vaccination records) don't have to go through quarantine to get into Germany. Holly Simensen of the Oldenburg Verband office in Florida frequently takes her dog(s) with her to Germany.

For anybody that cares to get the CORRECT information, it is here: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie/iregs/animals/uk.html ENGLAND http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie/iregs/animals/ge.html GERMANY

Quote;
    Cats, Dogs, and Ferrets (non-commercial english-only) - March 2005 - Please Note: As a member of the European Community, the UK is adopting the PET PASSPORT (Veterinary Certificate application) system for importing cats, dogs and ferrets. The PET Scheme will be in effect only until the current documents have exhausted their validity dates. The Veterinary Certificate indicates which boxes apply to the UK and need to be completed. Also, note that the animals still need to be microchipped, vaccinated for rabies, titered, and monitored by the owner during the 6 months between the date of titer draw and date of rabies validity. Defra recognized blood testing laboratories, Tick and Tapeworm Treatment Form and Approved Long Haul routes and transport companies, may be found here. (Click on the desired linked documents as just listed.) Further information may be found at the Defra Website:
    Last edited by Equibrit; Sep. 23, 2006 at 09:08 AM.

Default Best Of Luck !

Liz,
    my very best wishes to you & your family on this new adventure. Keep your eyes wide open - there is soooo much to learn ! This could not have happened to a more earnest and hard working person !

Katja

Now how the hell did my name get dragged into this?
    Careful, 2 faced one. You can play the outraged innocent as much as you like but many of us have read your tirades about this subject and others elsewhere.

These things can be checked, you know.

Liz-
    I'll be thinking about you and Fizzy tomorrow. Have a safe trip and enjoy every minute of it! See you in Vegas in April. Faye

Congratulations....how exciting for you and your family. Please, please update us along the way.

I read the article about this on www.dressagedaily.com

Yeah Liz and Fizzy! We are all so excited for you! Especially since now we can brag that we are from Vermont, too.

I'm sure we'll see you with Tuny this winter. You'll love working with her and Klaus.

And AE, for your information, Liz is one of the very few young riders who talks to everyone and is friendly and helpful to "unknowns". When my daughter was inquiring about YR's, she was snubbed by most of the snobby YR's who talk only to their friends and their trainers. Liz has been extremely nice and open to her and talked and emailed and IM'd her when she had questions. THAT is also worth bragging about!

And as a mom, I'd be ALL over the internet if Liz was MY kid!!!
    \"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.\"--Pogo

Thumbs up

Congratulations to you and your daughter! Please continue to keep everyone updated with stories and pix?!

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGuy View Post
    Now how the hell did my name get dragged into this? I don't know who the hell AE is, but she/he/it sure as hell isn't me.
    Care to explain how the two of you have had an IP address in common in the past then?

Go Erin Go Erin Go Erin Go Erin GO Erin.

Busted Busta!!! It's not nice to be mean to other people!
    "The well being of a horse should never be compromised for the ego of a human" dlg 06

http://qualitytack4sale.webs.com/

So what was the IP from the post on this thread? Because I can guarantee it didn't come from my computer or my keyboard. I will say one more time, that post was not mine, period.