The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Stardoozer, Olivier and Sadie (the dog) are going to Germany

To train with Klaus Balkenhol for two months, although I think he won't help much with Sadie.
    Thanks to some wonderful and generous sponsors, the kid from the north is leaving on Sunday morning for points east.

She will be sending her impressions on a regular basis which I think she will be posting on her website:

www.elisabethaustin.com

Okay, just another proud mother here, but wouldn't you be?

Does the dog have to go through quarantine too when shipped internationally?

How wonderful!!! Please post updates and pictures so we can live vicariously through her! And by the way, the pork is wonderful there.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Not to be a bitch or anything, but do you or your daughter ever post anything besides brags about yourselves, or more specifically, about her? I've never seen one thread from either of you that's not bragging about her accomplishments or one of your stallions. Perhaps you should consider sharing some of your supposed vast knowledge with the rest of us instead of just gloating about your fortunes.

congratulations to Liz and Olivier--I think KB is beginning to realize he is going to have to start creating the next generation of riders and not just sit back to see what and who makes it to GP.

I think this kind of help will do more to create a new level of dressage in this country than almost any one other single thing.

Glad you aren't being a bitch, AlteredExistance. I have a hard time imagining how unpleasant that would be.

(And, uh, did you miss the part about sharing the experience on the website? I thought so.)

im...dutch, even if all 85 of your posts were about YOU YOU YOU and your KID KID KID I'm not jealous. Congrats on your daughter's good fortune and I hope her experience is fabulous!

Wow, that was incredibly rude. I am on another BB that Elizabeth posts on all the time. She is very humble. Never posts about herself. We all do it for her because we are not jealous of her, we are very happy for her. We are very proud of her and wish her all the best!! You go get em, girl!!!!!!! She is very talented. Some people are jealous of that i guess

Congraulations on your good news!

I'm betting AE is Dressage Guy. His posts tend to be whiney and nasty like that.

Wink

Thank you.

Egontoast, glad you said it. I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlteredExistence View Post
    Not to be a bitch or anything, but do you or your daughter ever post anything besides brags about yourselves, or more specifically, about her? I've never seen one thread from either of you that's not bragging about her accomplishments or one of your stallions. Perhaps you should consider sharing some of your supposed vast knowledge with the rest of us instead of just gloating about your fortunes.
    Sorry you feel that way.

I hope good fortune finds you too, and enjoy it while it lasts. I know I sure am.

Liz

Default Of course you should be proud!

its always a pleasure to read your daughter's posts and see Fizzie. I have been a fan of hers since American Pie. I look forward to pictures, posts and seeing Fizz take over America (and the world) when he comes home. Beautiful horse mind and body.

You know, I so very seldom ever get involved in online drama like this, but I really need to say something here. I'm so excited for Elizabeth and Fizzy and wish one day to have the 10th of the success that they have. I'm very much looking forward to reading about her experiences in Germany. I'm sorry your life is so disappointing that you need to take your aggressions out on a kid, but you need to back off and find something else to do. Don't ruin it for the rest of us, and don't hide behind an alter. At least have the balls to use your usual screen name. And if you think that I'm not this outspoken in real life, and I'm hiding behind the safety and anonymity of the internet, no, I'm really this firm in real life too.

Default Far far away

Let me put in my 50 cents. IMHO Liz and her family are doing a wonderfull job for the future of USA dressage. She spend tons of time trying to find sponsors, arrange Internet-auctions etc..etc...

Come on: scratch the words envy, sore grapes, jealous etc... from your dictionary, and put your energies in something positive.

Theo

Talking

Someone must have a pathetic little life to hide behind an alter and dish out shi!e like it was morning cereal. If your so bloody big then why ya hiddin and picking on another COTH members happiness? And so what if they have good things happen to them.... were here to enjoy each others happiness as well as the bad times. So if ya have nothin better to do than be a negative tosser then bugger off!

I think it is great this is happening by the way and congrats.... I got so carried away schooling AE.
    Last edited by physical.energy; Sep. 22, 2006 at 09:52 PM.
    "The well being of a horse should never be compromised for the ego of a human" dlg 06

http://qualitytack4sale.webs.com/

Now how the hell did my name get dragged into this? I don't know who the hell AE is, but she/he/it sure as hell isn't me. I talk to Liz online quite a bit, and I've congratulated her several times on this opportunity. I hope they have a ton of fun over there, and I wish them the best of luck.

gloating about your fortunes
    It doesn't appear to me that "fortune" or "luck" has anything to do with their success . I would imagine YEARS of effort/ hard work have gotten them to where they are today. Good Luck!!

Well, I for one really enjoy hearing updates about the Austins. I am a big fan of Olivier and think it is so great to see we have such an amazing youngster born and bred in the US.

I was recently at a clinic with one of the members of our 2004 Olympic team and that rider/trainer absolutely raved about him.

So if you don't enjoy reading these posts, then just use your ignore button. As an aside, if you want to criticize posters for sharing success stories, there is a long, long line of posters ahead of imajicadutch to slam.

Bringing children up to be good people, to do the right thing, to be forthright, honest and kind, is more than the icing on the cake. It is the cake.

Bringing competitive dressage horses to the international level
    without injury, illness or any other heartbreak, well, then, there is the icing.

I count my blessings every day. Those of you who say good things and think good thoughts for these two lovelies, thank you.

Holy crow. I've talked to Liz on a limited basis and she's an incredibly down-to-earth person who loves her horse. I've met plenty of people who go through horses like water. She's refreshingly DESERVING.
    Congratulations! Have fun over there!
    Disclaimer: My mom told me that people might look at my name and think I had an addiction other than horses. I don't; his name was Bravado.