The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default ok ladies this one's for you...question on the panty line!

Ooooook........thanks to The Potato's Mom for reminding me to post this question....what is the choice of panties for showing in breeches???

I HATE the panty line...it drives me CRAZY. I feel like it draws attention to my booty....I don't want people walking around thinking "oh look I can see that girl's panty line!" noooo!!!

What do you guys prefer?? Regular undies (but they ride up), thong (just don't go there, its not pretty), boxer breifs (ok but they can get bunched up around thighs). I will be the first to admit I have ridden panty-less (thanks to the recommendation from a previous trainer).....please tell me I'm not the only one!

Under Armour Thong.... very comfy! I think it's like $18, but the best I've found so far!

boy shorts type of undies are good.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Default Pantyhose

I wear pantyhose under my breeches and I find it really helps with VPL.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I call them my "Big girl riding underwear". Full coverage breif, preferrably not cotton, as they tend to stick to my breech & ride up with it.
    My trainer rides in the new Silver riding underwear & loves them - says she won't ride in anything else.

Thongs of course - they show nothing.

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Thong. I don't even own a pair of full seat unders. As soon as the thong came out (I was like 16), my ass went in them. I HATE panty lines.

One day, I'm going to be an old, shriveled up woman, still wearing a thong. Wait -- I think that's already me!

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

I wear a lot of Victoria's secret low rise boy cut briefs - I haven't had a problem with panty lines in them.

Then again I have a wide waist and narrow hips and a small ass, so my breeches tend to be tight at the waist and looser below ;-)
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

Thong- I own nothing else.

I make sure it is beige. One time I was getting on a horse and my breeches split down the back. At first, it was just a tiny tear, so I went in anyway- figured I'd change between trips. Needless to say, the first fence- rrrrrrrRRRRRRIIIIIPPPPPPPP! Everyone, I say everyone, knew I was wearing a hot pink lacey number from VS. I did my hunter circle and as I rode by the judge, she was laughing her arse off- she quietly said "beige next time please"...

I still got 2nd out of 36... won my division, but I was refered to as "the pink thong lady" for the remainder of the show....
    Lisa
    Mother of Oh As If, Prize Patrol, and Land Yacht

[url]http://www.keltarafarm.com

I wear Target and GAP underwear, low rise "no show" briefs. They have tapered elastic legs so I get minimal lines under my breeches.
    Have YOU ever looked into the eyes of a rich white child who has just lost a jumping competition?

I'm not ashamed to say that I go commando! I can't wear a thong because they rub my skin right off...
    Boyle Heights Kid 1998 OTTB Dark Bay Gelding
    Tinner's Way x Sculpture by Hail to Reason
    "Once you go off track, you never go back!"

Quote Originally Posted by BoyleHeightsKid View Post
    I'm not ashamed to say that I go commando! I can't wear a thong because they rub my skin right off...
    I wouldn't be ashamed of doing it but found the center seam very uncomfortable the only time I tried it. And when they stay in place thongs can be the best solution. My problem is that sometimes they end up "out of position." I think I'll try the Silver panties next.

"seamless" or "invisible" thong or boyshort/hipsters... look at Victoria's Secret.

VS Thong... all the way. I usually wear the cotton ones because they come in fun colors, but for my white breeches I stick with a silky beige pair.
    flogarty
    "It is difficult not to be unjust to what one loves" Oscar Wilde

I wear panty hose over my regular bikini briefs. I can't wear a thong and the hose keep those pesky lines away.

Thong - keeps the lines away.

Stupid clingy pants

I found some no show boy shorts that are great for riding. The only time I wear them is when showing because they are big and ugly, but they do the trick. I think I picked them up at Costco. They are made of microfiber and are tapered so they don't show.

In daily life thongs are great, as is going commando if need be, but I will NEVER do that again at a horse show after I took a bad fall and the first thing they wanted to do was pull my belt off and undo my pants.

Thongs

Although I found some underwear at Target the other day made of some material I've never seen used on undies before- VERY thin, and no seams along the edges. They feel like wearing nothing, don't seem to show (haven't tried them under breeches yet though), and cost a whopping $3.

"smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

When schooling at home, I don't care so I wear my regular underwear. VS cotton bikini style.

But for shows, I wear the Silver underwear in beige or white. Can't see a panty line but maybe because my TS' are a little baggy in the rear area. And they are very comfy.

I will wear a thong on occasion when wearing light colored fitted pants when I go out as the panty line is much more visible.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

There is NOTHING about my a$$ that says it should be in a thong. Also, I noticed this summer the sweat patterns of people wearing thongs was very visisble. <shudder>
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.