The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Question ignore

ignore

sorry mods but this really got out of control

ihb
    Last edited by iheartbuea; Sep. 19, 2006 at 04:09 PM.
    iheartbuea

I've been gone for a while. But this is so funny,,,
    Darlin', leg warmers are men (or whatever gender you are inclined to)

i mean leg wamers for a horse to wear while you are riding
    iheartbuea

Default ??

That would be new to me, I've never heard of leg warmers for a horse. Are you sure she didn't say a bit warmer??
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

uhh are you talking about those things that ballet dancers wear to keep their legs warm?

http://www.stagestruck.co.uk/acatalog/LEGWARM2.jpg

Talking ?

And, why is your trainer suggesting you buy items for a horse you're only half leasing that belongs to her? If he needs sports medicine boots or polos or something, it seems like she should buy them.

Maybe she was suggesting something for you to keep your legs warm? Like a quarter sheet?? Or leggings to go under your half chaps to prevent rubs?

Color my confused
    ~Veronica

Default This doesn't answer your question, but do you...

realize that when you state, like in you signature line, "In Memory of..." that it is understood that you are generally referring to someone or something that has died? Did you really have one horse that lived for one year and another for two years?
    ------------------------------

Sometimes the truth hurts, but the truth will be told.

Beware of the ultimate spin meisters - they are the biggest liars.

Talking ?

Double post. Opps!
    Last edited by vxf111; Sep. 17, 2006 at 05:28 PM. Reason: double post
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    And, why is your trainer suggesting you buy items for a horse you're only half leasing that belongs to her? If he needs sports medicine boots or polos or something, it seems like she should buy them.

Maybe she was suggesting something for you to keep your legs warm? Like a quarter sheet?? Or leggings to go under your half chaps to prevent rubs?

Color my confused

You're in GA...it won't get cold enough there for anything like a quarter sheet or that really! Also, I think maybe the instructor sees someone who is willing to blow money on anything horse related and is taking advantage of it so one of her schoolies gets stuff that he needs? Might be true... unless it's something for the rider...but really I have no clue by the description.

Default :P

Au contraire Jeepers, when I lived in GA I sometimes used a quarter sheet. Just cuz I'm Canadian doesn't mean I'm not a weather wimp
    ~Veronica

pumpkin was a mini who lived for 3 years and shalom was only a yearling (both NOT my horses). That is what my trainer told my mom. My mom probably misheard it since she is not a horse person.

ihb
    iheartbuea

my trainer would only tell me stuff to buy for luke that he needed

ihb
    iheartbuea

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Au contraire Jeepers, when I lived in GA I sometimes used a quarter sheet. Just cuz I'm Canadian doesn't mean I'm not a weather wimp
    Awww, come on!! lol I live where the wind chill can get down to -20 on exceptionally nasty days I survive just fine riding out in all weather. And oh, the weather can change drastically in about 15 minutes too...I'm in the mountains.

Maybe quilted wraps and standing bandages? I could see how those could get misread as "leg warmers" (since you're wrapping a "quilt" around the leg and all) by a non-horse person. Don't really know why Luke would need them at the moment, but it's a possibility.

And, I'll freely admit to using a quarter sheet in SC. I blamed it on my bodyclipped and somewhat wimpy TB, but really... I was cold. No harm in that.
    "talking about love is like dancing about architecture..."
    A Wink & A NodPlaying by HeartA Wing & A PrayerBest to be Elusive

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbuea View Post
    my trainer would only tell me stuff to buy for luke that he needed

ihb
    But, generally when you lease a horse they supply most everything if it's a lesson program. You shouldn't have to buy things for him, which is why people have been telling you that all along.

Leg warmers? Never heard of them...

Hows your saddle search going?

the saddle search is still going but i have yet to find a wintec saddle that will fit luke besides the wide wintec, i don't need that air panels or any fancy stuff. until we find a saddle that will fit him i am stuck riding in a enduracne saddle, i don't mind it just not used to it.

ihb
    iheartbuea

my trainer just e-mailed me back he needs sport boots which i am assuming are sport medcine boots

ihb
    iheartbuea

I'm going to echo what others have said -- why does your trainer want you to buy "Tack" items for a horse (in a lesson barn) that you're only half-leasing? Sports med boots aren't cheap -- you're looking at $60-70 if you buy new ones. If it's the barn horse -- and he really *NEEDS* them, then the barn should buy them.

Also, you should ask your trainer WHY Luke needs the boots. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't you doing just W/T lessons with some cantering? Doesn't sound like you're doing much that would require the extra protection from sports med boots. If he has some sort of physical condition requiring the use of boots, then the barn should provide them...
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

City of delusion in the state of total denial

But, generally when you lease a horse they supply most everything if it's a lesson program. You shouldn't have to buy things for him, which is why people have been telling you that all along.
    Depends on the term of the lease agreement. When I leased a horse from my trainer, I bought a lot of equipment for him- bandages, a good winter blanket, a new halter when he destroyed his old one. The way I see it, he was my horse for the year, thus his expenses were my responsibility. However, the only thing that remained with that horse when my lease was up was the halter. The polo bandages are mine and the blanket is mine.

Without knowing the terms of IHB's lease, I don't think we can make a generalization that says she shouldn't purchase things for this horse.

When I saw "leg warmers", I thought polo bandages. (Some of our little kids call them "pony socks.") But SMBs makes sense too!

Why does your trainer not want your horse to go in polos?
    Last edited by Renn/aissance; Sep. 18, 2006 at 08:10 AM.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG