The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default AECs!

Who's going? Who's competing and who's going just to watch?
    I'll be there as a spectator---really looking forward to it!!

I'll be there! It's my first time, I'm excited.

I'm running Intermediate, our last outing before Radnor.
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

I will be there! I'm grooming for a friend whose running advaced.

I'm grooming and scribing for dressage and crashing the competitor's party!
    "Cynicism is a sorry kind of wisdom" Barack Obama

Default I'll be there...

With my novice greenie, and my new basset puppy!

Default Five from our Farm are going!

My trainer is riding my horse in Training Horse. I'm hoping to volunteer one day and groom for everyone else during the competition... I'm wicked excited.

Thumbs up

We are in!! riding in Novice Horse, with my homebred Conn/tb "Unbelievable" Really looking forward to it!!
    Cindy

Make any mistakes going forward!

Hopefully I'll be with my little sister's horse as they run Junior Novice, but he's had some funky going ons on his left hind, but never lame, so, we'll see. The vet's approved for him to go, he's much better, but she's lost several weeks of solid training time.

I feel for you sister Sancudo. My guy ripped his leg open about two weeks ago and he's getting the stitches out today. It has been pretty well seeled and he was never lame, so I've been walking him since Thursday. But, we missed Loudon HT's and some gallops/swims so we've got about 10 days to get ready now. I need to get a XC school in and a jump lesson at least, so I'm a bit panicked. It's mroe about me, if I don't ride for a while, I take some time to get back into "the flow". So anyways, we'll be riding in Training rider is guess.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

I'll be there with LisaMarie8 and Jeannette and Jnday and Katedb and and and and.

I'll just be watching and taking pictures.

I was just going to start this thread! Gosh, Invested1.

Anyways, I'll be in OBN-CH with my awesome little horse, Myers Beau. Im soooo excited, Tyler will be trailering with my friend Allison's horse, Step Aside (also in BN). I can't wait...even though it is an eight hour drive and the week off school is going to kill my grades. Yay!!

Look out for the...loud...*PomPom* on the top of my helmet. It is white,purple, and pink..hahaha! It gets some laughs (Bruce Davidson thought it was quite funny at Poplar Place this past weekend), but if you know me, you would know it totally fits me,lol.
    T3DE Pact

I'm not going

But I have a question for KBG... this horse, "Step Aside" - is a chestnut gelding? do you know his history (is he ottb?) A person at my barn had a chestnut gelding, about 16.2 for a while named Step Aside and he as an OTTB... I always REALLY liked him and have wondered about him. We called him "Beamer".

"Eventer's do it 3 ways in 3 days"

I'm leaving on Monday with a friend who is running in OBN. Then my sister (nowoncourse) will be coming down shortly followed after by asterix and bambam. I'm so excited!
    Take Your Equestrian Business to the Next Level: http://www.mythiclanding.com/
    Follow me at http://mythiclanding.blogspot.com or http://twitter.com/mythiclanding

I need to look at the schedule, but i'm wondering if a Tailgate is in order?

I just posted a "ride share" on the AEC message board: FL to NC, wanting to arrive by Friday morning.
    Sportponies Unlimited
    Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.

Quote Originally Posted by KBG Eventer View Post
    I was just going to start this thread! Gosh, Invested1.
    What can I say, great minds and all.....

Oh and they call him "Step" or "Steppers"
    T3DE Pact

Thumbs up

I'll be there - grooming for my horse Westmoreland (TH). His rider is Karen MaHaffey, who has done a wonderful job bringing him along. He got a **10** on his free walk (OP/CT) at the Pinehurst HT this past weekend- whoohoo! I've never seen a 10 on anything other than a halt. I need to frame that test.

I'm horrible at organizing social functions, but I will have an RV there if someone wants to organize a COTH tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeather View Post
    I need to look at the schedule, but i'm wondering if a Tailgate is in order?
    The whole weekend is going to be one big tailgate... well after I'm done riding each day it will at least.

I predict that Saturday night is going to be a debacle. I see Jane on a table, Mai-Tai in hand.

Thank goodness you will be there to document it.

soooooo geeked!
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

I'm going --one of my students has kindly offered to trailer me down in her rig (newer and bigger than mine ), and I'm stabling near another of my students, with whom I'll be sharing a tack stall...Two chestnut mares in close proximity--they can attempt to "out Princess" each other! I'm *really* looking forward to it--should be a blast!

(Mr. Dr. D will be driving down on Thursday to help me and lend support, but little D will have to stay at home with her grandparents, since she has CoGats... She really wanted to come, but at least she will be one less thing I'll have to worry about/keep track of...I will also be bringing my gray and white "Velcro Whippet", so should be easy to identify...)

I will definitely look for Invested, and seriously, we should REALLY schedule some sort of COTHers get-together, party, tailgate, etc...I'll be renting an RV, so would be happy to provide a "big tailgate"...

(The hubby claims we COTHers "all have a secret handshake", or something, but I *really* think we should consider getting tee-shirts or buttons so as to be able to identify each other. )

What about bambam and asterix??
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")