The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2781

Quote Originally Posted by Jleegriffith View Post
    I think the RJ classic coats fit very nicely for larger chested/broader shoulders.
    They fit me if I'm standing still but I felt like I could rip the shoulders out of the coat if I actually rode and jumped in it. Any other brands that have more room in the shoulders and plus sizes?? Or some stretch but not so much it looks cheap??
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    Ok girls... what brand of regular denim jeans (not riding jeans per se) do you recommend for those who need a high rise, but long leg? I HATE, HATE, HATE trying on pair after pair after pair, only to find that a) they don't come up/over enough (homie doesn't show her groceries) or b) the leg is too short.

Stretch jeans would be fine since I do bend over whilst trimming a lot and that stretch is more comfie, but regular are ok too.
    I have a pretty long inseam, and a high waist (low rise does NOT work for me!).

I like Calvin Klein - they have a women's jean that they sell through Costco (and I have a little store near me that sells Costco overstocks, so I get them for $10 a pop). Straight leg (not wide as boot cut, not skinny), straight through the waist (I am not very "curvey").

Target also has a wide variety of fits in short and long, and run about $20 a pair - I have "skinny" stretchy ones for riding, and straight legs for all around work pants.

1 members found this post helpful.

Just wanted to bump to keep this thread alive.

what about the dafna boots? would they fit my size 6 foot 17.5" calf? I need a warm winter boot!!! just feilds and heavy socks dont work!
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

So I tried to order a custom pair of Nittany boots in a 19" calf and we called them and the company is closing down and not doing customs anymore :c Does anyone know where I can get a brown pair of riding boots with a 19" calf? I know fuller fillies does large calved boots but I really wanted something in brown :c

You could go with custom boots from one of the various custom boot maker/sellers. I've heard good things about La Mundial boots. It should be generally around $650 for a pair of their boots.

http://lamundial.com/

Please remember that to comply with the site's no-advertising policies, we don't allow posters to list items they have available for sale.

We've removed a couple of posts.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Default Irideon Cadence F/S

Finally a different color than back/willow.

SmartPak now has the Irideon Cadence full seats in the plus sizes in navy. Yay!
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

I want them....
    I don't need them...
    But I want them...
    But if I order from SmartPak I won't have to pay tax.
    I could buy them from Adams too. They have a couple of more colors.
    I think I need them, so I guess I will order them...

Hey Everyone,

I have following this page for a while and appreciate all the tips, place to find riding clothes for the "Non average" rider! Thanks!

Looking for a dressage coat on E-bay, but was able to find my size So I bit the bullet and bought the Equine - Athletics from Smart Pak for $250. Fits a little big, not as heavy as other coats, has a mesh lining and STRETCH. Plan to wear it at a show in a few weeks. Let you know how it works out.

Also -- I did see some larger sized RJ Classic Hunt Coats on E-Bay, Size 20 -- Brand New if anyone is interested. A size too small for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271197941658...84.m1555.l2649

From the Dressage Forum: Asmar Equestrian dressage coats on clearance for $75 with sizes through 3XL. A few people had seen them and one had just received hers in the mail...all said they were LOVELY. Just ordered mine...

I don't know what everyone is looking for, but we use Fuller Fillies. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever but just love their stuff. We buy it off of SmartPak. We have 4 different products now and everything wears well and washes well!!! Makes everyone very happy!

Here's the link for the Asmar dressage coat. They only have 2XL and 3XL still, but it's a nice coat http://asmarequestrian.com/asmareque...ow-jacket.html
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Oh and PS, 17 months + 1 day after knee destruction, I rode again last Saturday! Sadly my leg is still really swollen, so no boot on that leg yet, but SO nice to be back in the saddle
    EDDIE WOULD GO

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    Here's the link for the Asmar dressage coat. They only have 2XL and 3XL still, but it's a nice coat http://asmarequestrian.com/asmareque...ow-jacket.html
    Thanks for posting the link...I was so excited I forgot to do that! They do still have sizes S-3X in the gray and navy pinstripe (for you fashionistas!).

Glad to read that you're back in the saddle Good for you!

If someone needs boots with an 18.5" calf, these on ebay look like a good deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/English-Fiel...item2c6ffb0ffc

Default Is anyone still reading this thread?

I am having a VERY hard time finding breeches. I am at the large end of plus size (around 44) and live in the desert, so they must be cool. Plus, I have huge ugly upper thighs, so it would be nice if they didn't emphasize this flaw.

If anyone is still reading this thread, let me know. I will then post all the breeches I have tried so far.

Ovation makes drylex breeches in plus and equestriancolllections.com has them and some other breeches think another brand is 1824

Other news woof wear makes a winter boot like the dafna
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

I still read it when it pops up. I'm on the larger side for riding clothes too.

Breeches I own-
    Irideons- go up to a 3x in certain tights styles
    Boinks- not sure if they're making any new breeches anymore. The company was for sale. They go up to 4x, very stretchy
    Fuller Fillies- they go up to a 40, but their sizing is different. I wear a 22-24 in regular pants and can wear a 40 or 38 in their breeches if that helps.
    Tuffriders- go up to a 44 (if I'm remember correctly) in some styles. I don't like the pair I have though.

Smartpak has come out with their own breeches line. They've got a couple of breeches styles now. I forget what their max size is, 46 maybe? I haven't bought a pair yet.

Kerrits come up to a 2x in some of their styles. Not sure how they fit, I don't own any.

My Irideon tights are pretty cool. I don't wear them in the winter at all. Wind just goes right through them. My knee-patch Boinks are thin and cool, but I really don't think they've manufactured new ones recently. Fuller Fillies came out with new summer breeches. A friend tried them already and said their sizing was much smaller than the other FF breeches she has. People seem to like the Smartpak breeches, but I'm not sure about coolness since I don't own any.

These are pretty good and go up to 42 http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/KNEEPATCH/VSPB.htm they are not pricey and cool. I wear a 38 in the full seat http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/FULLSEAT/NVSPFSB.htmwhich only comes in white and dye them.