The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 2781

Good for you Goneriding!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Ok girls... what brand of regular denim jeans (not riding jeans per se) do you recommend for those who need a high rise, but long leg? I HATE, HATE, HATE trying on pair after pair after pair, only to find that a) they don't come up/over enough (homie doesn't show her groceries) or b) the leg is too short.

Stretch jeans would be fine since I do bend over whilst trimming a lot and that stretch is more comfie, but regular are ok too.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Choco, do you want jeans to work/ride in? Wranglers are always a good bet for that depending on what shape you are. I am pretty straight up and down and the men's fit me well. Plus I can order whatever leg length I want, which is nice since I have a longish inseam.

Yeah work-in jeans. I've totally gone with tights/breeches to ride in. So much more comfie!

Thanks for the tip on the Wranglers... I'll try anything at this point

I have never worn ladies Wranglers (they have a waist and I do NOT!) so I cannot comment on those, but the men's are hard wearing and despite not being stretchy, I always found them comfy for barn work. Not something I would go out on the town in, but much longer lasting than my beloved Levi's in terms of toughness! And I love the inseam options since I find it hard to find anything longer than 32 or 33.

The only brand that fits me is the Levi's curvy boot leg. They come in short and long so you shouldn't have any issue finding them long enough. Plus they are stretchy.

1 members found this post helpful.

Women's Wranglers fit me and I love the $20 tractor supply brand as well . . never feel bad when i blow through those by riding in them often.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Maybe a little OT, but I gotta brag about myself. I started Weight Watchers a bit back plus in my ramblings for my biz, I found a Nordic Trak thingy. The weight is starting to fall off. I had forgotten what it was like to be svelter, not quite so zaftig. I like being a bit heavier than 'the norm' but had gone too far into uncomfortable territory.

Just had to crow a bit!! :-)
    Congratulations!
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Just had to share; if you are border line plus sizes or curvy with lots of breeches not fitting due to cut like me, check out Horze.com Silvia Denim and Grand Prix Breeches. I wear 12 or 14 in street clothes; but have a terrible time finding breeches in regular sizes to fit as I have small waist and WIDE hips; I can wear a 34 or 36 if cut wide in the hips but can't wear most brands unless they offer plus sizes and then have to belt or alter waist. I am 33.5" waist and 46.5" hips and the Horze Silvia Denim full seat breeches fit me and are soo comfy!!! They are forming fitting but so stretchy and comfy.

3 members found this post helpful.

Default Jeans

If your looking for jeans with a med rise waist long leg and some streach go for the Wrangler q-Baby Jeans. Only selected retailers have them in stock but most Wrangler sellers can order them in. Love them!

so I'm looking for a new show coat to do some local hunter shows. Any ideas? I'm an 18-20 in street clothes due to big chest and broad shoulders (thank you grandma!). I dont want to spend a fortune.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." Mark Twain

I think the RJ classic coats fit very nicely for larger chested/broader shoulders.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleegriffith View Post
    I think the RJ classic coats fit very nicely for larger chested/broader shoulders.
    I agree. They are nice quality, reasonably priced, and come in a variety of sizes.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post

If anyone in New England wants to get in on getting measured for Dehner boots, John Dehner will come out and have a "measuring party." If there's enough people, it will be at no cost to the group to get him here, and we could get up to a 15% discount on the boots.
    I would be interested in this. I am unwilling to get measured for custom unless it is someone REALLY experienced.

Fuller Fillies make show coats and are sized generously. Try smartpak.com or ebay.

Several of my friends have the Dublin River boots. I had been lusting over them as they are waterproof and lined. Thought they would make good winter barn boots. Unfortunately, I have 18 inch calves and have a hard time finding boots/chaps to fit off the rack. A local tack store was having a sale and I found the same type of boots in Shire's brand which fit great without being "plus sized". They are great to wear around the barn, but also comfortable to ride in.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbalism View Post
    Several of my friends have the Dublin River boots. I had been lusting over them as they are waterproof and lined. Thought they would make good winter barn boots. Unfortunately, I have 18 inch calves and have a hard time finding boots/chaps to fit off the rack. A local tack store was having a sale and I found the same type of boots in Shire's brand which fit great without being "plus sized". They are great to wear around the barn, but also comfortable to ride in.
    Have you considered getting the shorter river boots, the mid river? I think those hit just below the calf. And Jeffers has them on sale now...they are the cheapest I've found them anywhere. http://www.jefferspet.com/dublin-mid...EQU/cp/0V-JA6/
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

Was perusing eBay and found this insanely low priced black coat. I have one of the 18/24 coats, and the quality is very good. This one is a steal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Dressa...item19d8e83448

I would have nabbed it but that size is too big.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Not sure if it has been posted, but Devon-Aire makes a very nice field boot, the Camden, which comes in an XX Wide calf.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

LoriT how wide? Im size 6 with a 18" calf and cannot find modestly priced boots!! I know i will probably fork $500 for equitectors when my ff die
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!