The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 113
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul. 10, 2006
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Ya know, the more I read threads on this board, the more I just cannot believe how defensive and down right nasty some people are to one another (this thread is actually pretty tame compared to some I see).

    Maybe group therapy is in order?
    There are your fog people and your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said. Brian Andreas



  2. #62
    Join Date
    May. 24, 2006
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    tewhann..after having read countless RK threads and never having replied to one..I just have one really short comment to make..BLECH...if you really believe in this particular issue, you need to figure out a way to not be so unbelievably offensive to others...screaming, ranting, and raving, are not the way to get people to listen...in fact it turns potential allies off..take out some booth space at horse related events, turn out some educational literature, find some riders that agree with you to do demos at these same events showing an alternative training method that garners good results..posting pictures taken out of context with hostile comments attached on this board is really not doing your cause any good..if indeed that is really what your are after, and I am not so sure it is..your posts make me think that you are one of those people who prefers to stir the pot, rather than find a truly workable solution to the issue you propose to be so passionate about.



  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep. 18, 2003
    Location
    Duncan, BC
    Posts
    319

    Wink

    So true tradewind. But instead people like that are just typical loud mouthed "railbirds" who 9 times out of 10 can point out all the errors, but of course can't do it themselves.
    For some reason it is there personal mission to "inform the public" on bulletin boards. Yaaaa, suuuuuuuure!



  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun. 13, 2001
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    6,120

    Default

    So the german riding and driving proffi organization who put a fold out poster (in St Georg) which said "rk/hyperflexion/to this we say no thank you' plus an explaination are just railbirds who want to stir the pot.
    I.D.E.A. yoda



  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul. 16, 2006
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Yes, however it's quite interesting that the german's, especially Balkenhol himself, were not so much in an uproar when Nicole was using it.



  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov. 1, 2001
    Posts
    9,062

    Default

    Maybe KB just wants a silver or gold medal for the team he coaches. Check out his comp plan. If the dutch are disqualified, the US has a good shot at least a silver medal in the next Olympics and he gets a big fat bonus.
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.



  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun. 14, 2006
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Posts
    545

    Default

    So the german riding and driving proffi organization who put a fold out poster (in St Georg) which said "rk/hyperflexion/to this we say no thank you' plus an explaination are just railbirds who want to stir the pot.
    Railbirds? Who knows. Stirring the pot? Absolutely. Bitter over being challenged by the Dutch? Probably. Looking for attention? Maybe. Truly concerned only for the welfare of the horse and with no other agenda? NO WAY.

    nhwr, that's an interesting bit of information. Many have questioned KB's motives, but I was not aware there was a monetary incentive as well.

    Surely there is nobody who genuinely believes that the motives of the anti-rollkur anti-Anky anti-dressage fanatics are pure? A person doesn't even have to be PRO-rollkur to seriously question the motives of the anti's.



  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug. 7, 2005
    Location
    Southern California/Muenchen
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nhwr
    Maybe KB just wants a silver or gold medal for the team he coaches. Check out his comp plan. If the dutch are disqualified, the US has a good shot at least a silver medal in the next Olympics and he gets a big fat bonus.
    and why may I ask would the dutch be disqualified??



  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar. 1, 2001
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    It's about education. It's about keeping something important on the table.
    I understand that not everyone cannot comprehend this.
    It's not about education it's about pushing your point of view which would be palatable if it was done in a less emotive more erudite style.

    You don't need to "keep this topic on the table" it's been shoved down our throats to the extent that i am sure i'm not alone in saying i'm heartily sick of it. IF you really cared about this topic you'd better serve your point of view by posting a picture of a rider and trainer you approve of that is out in international competition where we all have a chance to see the work instead of alienating the people you'd like to reach.

    So the german riding and driving proffi organization who put a fold out poster (in St Georg) which said "rk/hyperflexion/to this we say no thank you' plus an explaination are just railbirds who want to stir the pot.
    __________________
    Nobody said they were - the responses here are regarding the OP. However the German Proffi organisation has a huge horse industry to serve people may well wonder about their motives.



  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov. 1, 2001
    Posts
    9,062

    Wink Hey it is just a theory

    and why may I ask would the dutch be disqualified??
    Because their training method is "abusive and cruel". And the team wouldn't even really have to be disqualified, just broken up or discreditted.

    I am not saying that this is why KB acts the way he does. But it sure could be
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.



  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun. 13, 2001
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    6,120

    Default

    The germans were DEFINATLEY in an uproar wayyyy before this (ie with Uphoff, before that with the jump riders)....ie 25 years ago. There were many articles in Reiter Revue and Niggli himself had a #*$($& in the press about the situation.

    Guess the rules 'push a point of view' as well.....but those who want to show by them should use them.
    Last edited by ideayoda; Aug. 15, 2006 at 06:31 PM.
    I.D.E.A. yoda



  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug. 25, 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,670

    Default Take your pick

    Quote Originally Posted by ideayoda
    The germans were DEFINATLEY in an uproar wayyyy before this (ie with Uphoff, before that with the jump riders)....ie 25 years ago. There were many articles in Reiter Revue and Niggli himself had a #*$($& in the press about the situation.
    The pot and kettle saga again.

    Did you ever look over the fence to see the toolbox of the Old-Masters.

    Probably not.



  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun. 15, 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    729

    Thumbs up

    Exactly Horsedances.No the Old Masters training methods are only seen through rose tinted glasses.



  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun. 13, 2001
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    6,120

    Default

    Actually they dont/didnt, they heartily debated with one another. However, they all looked at the creating the same balance and collection (until levade) with all horses. Rk changes the focus of balance as a concept of training totally.
    I.D.E.A. yoda



  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug. 7, 2005
    Location
    Southern California/Muenchen
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nhwr
    Because their training method is "abusive and cruel". And the team wouldn't even really have to be disqualified, just broken up or discreditted.

    I am not saying that this is why KB acts the way he does. But it sure could be
    I get it- yeah- but ...yawn....they all would have to get up earlier and figure out some essential things first...like creating absolute lightness, using tact instead of force and...and...and...

    let's face it - right now- the dutch are just a tad better.....



  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jul. 16, 2006
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I wonder where Yoda gets this stuff? Little tid bits grabbed hither and yon?

    You need to look at the big picture in Germany before you decide exactly when they really started to become loud about rollkur.



  17. #77
    Join Date
    Aug. 25, 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ideayoda
    Actually they dont/didnt, they heartily debated with one another. However, they all looked at the creating the same balance and collection (until levade) with all horses. Rk changes the focus of balance as a concept of training totally.
    Keep dreaming Paula



  18. #78
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horsedances
    Keep dreaming Paula
    Theo please enlighten us as to what the ODGs *did* talk about ... ???
    Last edited by mbm; Aug. 15, 2006 at 07:21 PM.



  19. #79
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horsedances
    The pot and kettle saga again.

    Did you ever look over the fence to see the toolbox of the Old-Masters.

    Probably not.
    Theo please enlighten us to what tools you are talking about/.... if we looked over the fence at an ODG (say klimke or Podjasky or Watjen or WAZ or Steinbrect or Seunig or...) what would we see???? and not the random Rogue horse that needs to be taught a lesson... but the everyday horses that are being worked.... what woudl we see that would shock us?? because you (and others) keep saying stuff like this but then dont tell us exactly what you mean... .

    i know it is very hard to write about riding/training i am sure that some things got lost in translation etc.... (edited)
    Last edited by mbm; Aug. 15, 2006 at 07:25 PM.



  20. #80
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nhwr
    Because their training method is "abusive and cruel". And the team wouldn't even really have to be disqualified, just broken up or discreditted.

    I am not saying that this is why KB acts the way he does. But it sure could be
    this is interesting and something i think about..... if someone changes their mind or become vocal about something, (not just roll kur) they tend to get accused of various things (none to nice).... but what about someone changing their mind because they have learned something that makes them have a change of heart, or they have decided that the cost is too high or that the ends dont justify the means??? isnt that valid??

    i mean the more i learn, the more my thoughts on things get refined - and sometimes i have a 360 degree change of heart. and while i am not KB (or others) i do think that it is possible for even the top people to learn and change.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug. 8, 2011, 03:24 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug. 7, 2011, 09:16 PM
  3. Replies: 150
    Last Post: Oct. 5, 2010, 08:38 AM
  4. If a picture says a thousand words
    By Kitari in forum Off Course
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar. 9, 2010, 02:16 PM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan. 15, 2010, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness