The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

What people like me and Walter Zettl, and Klaus Balkenhol and many others believe is that these methods are directing the sport of Dressage in a way that is not beneficial to the horses and is the actual antithesis of what Dressage should be.

The goal is to educate. The goal is to reverse the change.

This isn't a witch hunt.
    Then why does the mention of a rider's name get you, by your own admission, "stirred up"?

Actually I think for at least one of the people you mentioned, the goal is to increase their net worth
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Wink

Funny NHWR- well I think Zettl means well and is innocent- I think KB is in a different boat- he's keeping dressage in GERMANY- and we are condoning that by making him our national trainer, he's also putting the holier than thou cap on- after retiring from active competition...it's easy to condemn all the new methods- he doesn't have to perform anymore and come up with GP score of 79 or better...LOL!!!
    Yourself- Tewhann- well I think you are your own champion- it sounds to me a lot like an emotional reaction from someone that has never been near someone like the ones you are condemning...somehow a weird picture don't you think!!????

There will indeed be a a 1-800 number for the Satnav which is preprogrammed to find the G-spot from any location in the world. Luckily it is a fairly sophisiticated device and will not automatically lead you to the wrong wife who may or may not be in Belgium or Holland.

You can choose the language of your choice to hear classic phrases such as "are you there yet?" plus those long moody silences when you have failed to follow the instructions and the machine goes awol before uttering the famous "make a u-turn if possible" after the only junction for 53 miles. But best of all at no point will this machine utter one word on the subject rollkur. Yay!

On a more serious note: If you put up a picture of a lovely horse and rider executing piaffe with the comment if you don't see the pain in the horses face you must be blind or words to that effect you are not going to get taken seriously. RK has been done to death everyone knows where they stand the discusssion very quickly becomes emotive, manipulative, inflammatory and frankly dull.

I think off white/white is personal preference for troll thwacking but it is never wrong to wear sequins when wielding the cast iron fry pan.

THWACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tewhann, tewhann, tewhann. Nobody wants to discuss rollkur with you because it has already been discussed to death, there is nothing left to say, no new information to add, and frankly listening to the same inflammatory emotional anti-rollkur rhetoric is irritating and boring. yawn.

This is much more fun, instead.

poke poke.

I really wish all the energy that's put towards the "evils of rolkur" would be channeled into outrage over real abuse... people starving horses, horses standing at the auction because they are too slow. At least the rolkur people aren't sending their failures to the auction in droves.

http://www.mnhoovedanimalrescue.org/...ses/sierra.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ja Da Dee
    I really wish all the energy that's put towards the "evils of rolkur" would be channeled into outrage over real abuse... people starving horses, horses standing at the auction because they are too slow. At least the rolkur people aren't sending their failures to the auction in droves.

http://www.mnhoovedanimalrescue.org/...ses/sierra.jpg
    Oh, don't worry. There's plenty of energy to go around.

How do you know what the RK people do with their failures?
    The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain

Is the OP talking about the "Someone's Going to Get Hurt" article? I went and looked at the photos and the gal on the big bay should apply to the "rider protection program" and never be seen in dressage public again.

BTW, I subscribe to the online magazine and look forward to reading it every month.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone
    tewhann, tewhann, tewhann. Nobody wants to discuss rollkur with you because it has already been discussed to death, there is nothing left to say, no new information to add, and frankly listening to the same inflammatory emotional anti-rollkur rhetoric is irritating and boring. yawn.

This is much more fun, instead.

poke poke.

Right there's nothing left to say. Quite remarkable how this topic again is on page 3 *LOL*

Anky should be hung upside down by her toenails from a large tree. And all her little worshippers who indulge in the torture with her. It makes me want to puke.
    I went and looked at the photos and the gal on the big bay should apply to the "rider protection program" and never be seen in dressage public again.
    I find these comments incredibly offensive. They are threating and imply an intent to do harm.

[QUOTE]Did you see the pictures? The horses' faces tell the cruelty. Anyone who cannot see that is blind.[QUOTE]

Whereas that is just rude and ignorant.

Here's a link to some pictures of some horses - do they look "happy"? should these riders be villified too?
    http://www.lipizzan.com/spr.html

I don't *think* those photos show what the ones in Horses for Life do, but the photo quality isn't really quite good enough to tell. The first photo is the only one that I'd really like a closer look at. The others are almost surely quite different indeed.

As to villifying riders, I cannot think of how many times now that I've said this is about METHOD not INDIVIDUALS.

And, perhaps you are right about my "blind" comment. It definitely isn't my most tactful sentence ever. As to arrogance, I have none. My intent isn't to be "right". My intent is to speak for those who have no voice, namely these wonderful horses
    The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain

Anky should be hung upside down by her toenails from a large tree. And all her little worshippers who indulge in the torture with her. It makes me want to puke.

Quote:
    I went and looked at the photos and the gal on the big bay should apply to the "rider protection program" and never be seen in dressage public again.

I find these comments incredibly offensive. They are threating and imply an intent to do harm.
    Agreed. I think I would have to wonder about what type of person would become so incredibly hostile as to make these statements based on a picture, and yet claim to be patient, compassionate, and non-judgemental atop a horse.

Here's a link to some pictures of some horses - do they look "happy"? should these riders be villified too?
    http://www.lipizzan.com/spr.html
    They're quite happy actually, that's the "Scratch-Me-Behind-My-Ears-and-Tickle-My-G-Spot" look.

"Anky should be hung upside down by her toenails from a large tree"

"it's about a METHOD, not individuals"

SUUUUURE it is. now take your klonopin.

Um, I'm not the one who wrote about hanging from toes and I actually though that person was being sarcastic.

As to arrogance, I have none. My intent isn't to be "right". My intent is to speak for those who have no voice, namely these wonderful horses
    If they have no voice, then it's honestly arrogant to say that you're the one speaking for them. But then, if you're actually hearing their voices talking to you and only to you, then I think you would be best served to get out of the barn more and seek serious professional help with lots and lots of medication.

A little too much narcissism in your coffee this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ja Da Dee
    I really wish all the energy that's put towards the "evils of rolkur" would be channeled into outrage over real abuse... people starving horses, horses standing at the auction because they are too slow. http://www.mnhoovedanimalrescue.org/...ses/sierra.jpg
    Agree 100%.

Default The Big Black UDBB Blackout

It seems that after the big blackout of the UDBboard some weeks ago some people from that board are still hanging around here, digging out dead cows.

Please GO HOME

My intent is to speak for those who have no voice, namely these wonderful horses
    Well, I'm sure horses across the world will sleep better tonight knowing that you've appointed yourself as their spokesman. (rolling eyes) But noooo, you're not arrogant, or so you claim.

I agree with fiona, some of you (including you, tewhann) are so hateful and obsessive you really are creepy.

Kareen, it's a topic with "rollkur" in the header, did you expect it to die quickly? Even the "rollkur ate my baby" thread lasted for pageS, lol.

Tewhann dear, you really did come to the wrong place to Anky bash. (yeah, sure, you're going to claim you're not Anky bashing, but then in the next breath you'll say you're rehashing this stuff because you saw Anky's name and it made you crazy and inspired you to start aNOTHER rollkur thread, so yes, it's Anky bashing, no matter how you want to pathetically attempt to disguise it.)

Pathetic. and creepy.

Well, I'm sure horses across the world will sleep better tonight knowing that you've appointed yourself as their spokesman.
    I'm no spokesperson, just one of many (some famous, some not) who believe in pushing what we see as best for the horse.

Tewhann dear, you really did come to the wrong place to Anky bash. (yeah, sure, you're going to claim you're not Anky bashing, but then in the next breath you'll say you're rehashing this stuff because you saw Anky's name and it made you crazy and inspired you to start aNOTHER rollkur thread, so yes, it's Anky bashing, no matter how you want to pathetically attempt to disguise it.)

Pathetic. and creepy.
    Those in great need of constant drama may construe it this way, but as I've explained before, it's about METHOD. It's about education. It's about keeping something important on the table.

I understand that not everyone cannot comprehend this.