The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

tewhann, we are very, very tired of rollkur discussions here. post it elsewhere, we're tired of it.

I am curious how one can see 'pain' in a photo. I have seen photos of myself from various social events. I think some of them look pained like you see these horses. But I also know the next moment I was laughing and happy for many of them.

So how is it you can wage a whole battle, based on an assessment that's based on a photo?

Are you psychic?

PS. Am I mistaking something, or did someone post now that they've invented a satellite navigational system that will locate G-Spots.

Please advise.

Default Aunt Esther cringes

Quote Originally Posted by Patootie
    PS. Am I mistaking something, or did someone post now that they've invented a satellite navigational system that will locate G-Spots.

Please advise.
    Aunt Esther, national and international Purse Champion, hopes that this does not turn into a Vagina Monologue.

Default Oh my.

I fear things are about to take a TMI turn around here.
    A propos of the anatomy issue, I have SUCH good court room story about a lawyer's ignorance of anatomy, but alas, I cannot share it here. I will just have to tell you all in person next time I see you in the hospitality tent

Pity that someone does not realize that the horses may be even more tired of standing on the head and getting kicked if they dare raise a muscle to defend themselves. And of course a GP (horse) really should know not to argue or another couple of hours will be added with some free walk with nose on knees. Upper level training at its best.
    Last edited by ideayoda; Aug. 14, 2006 at 11:09 PM.
    I.D.E.A. yoda

Please advise.
    No my point was if you think the G-spot is to be found behind the ears you need sat nav because you are utterly lost.

Pity that someone does realize that the horses may be even more tired of standing on the head and getting kicked if they dare raise a muscle to defend themselves. And of course a GP really should know not to argue or another couple of hours will be added with some free walk with nose on knees. Upper level training at its best.
    Yup, recognised all the words, no idea what it means. Reading over rated imho. can i get extra mints with that?
    Thanks Ed.

With all do respect to the Aunt, I think I would prefer a female Anatomy discussion to listening to more unintelligible philosophical diarrhea of the keyboard from the self-proclaimed holiest of holies.

Talking I KNEW it!!!!!

Alagirl was just asking me last night if the topic of Rollkur had come up on the dressage board lately! Guess we spoke too soon.
    I said "Naah They dont talk about that anymore, That horse is DEAD!! "
    Guess we jinxed it! Sorry!
    Oh and for what its worth, I saw the pic that I think Nero posted, That looks like a beautiful piaffe Whats wrong with it?? Guess I missed something.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Default WTF?

Tewha....

In my profession, I've seen many horses in real pain. Twisted gut, near death, badly foundered, "please end it" pain. None of those horses looked like those in the pics. In fact one of the chestnuts I thought had a really soft, kind eye.

And as another poster said, how can you really tell from a pic? I too have photos of me caught in some moment where I look horridly wretched, yet I know I was not in pain at the time.

And horses with any white anywhere around the sclera (my horse has a small unpigmented area) can falsely appear to be eye rolling. I have many ON THE VERTICAL pics from the right where I have to look twice at him.

Can we change the subject now?
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Wink

Change the subject? Heck no! Some of us are waiting for more on the "G-Spot Satellite Locator".
    Will there be a 1-800 number to follow to order such a device?

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois

Oh and for what its worth, I saw the pic that I think Nero posted, That looks like a beautiful piaffe Whats wrong with it?? Guess I missed something.
    Nothing wrong with it, that's my point. An RK horse though!

But then again according to Tewhann, I'm blind, so how would I know, I can't even see the pic!!! LOL

Yoda, is english your second language? I'm not sure what in the world you were trying to say. Tewhann needs some of whatever you are apparently drinking.

I think Horsedances needs the satellite G-spot locator, because I don't believe the G-spot is located anywhere near the ears (lol).

Aunt Esther, do I have to wear white to poke trolls after Memorial Day?

And lastly, is that other board broken down again? Are we now going to have dozens of rollkur threads to look forward to? If so, I hope they get it fixed quickly. Unless rollkur has eaten any more of SLC's baby dingoes, I'm not interested.

Tewhann, don't let them discourage you. Post away -- it's a free country. Personally, I don't like zwankesjacke one bit. One has to wonder why some would discourage discussion...unless they don't like to be reminded of what zwankesjacke stands for. If they don't like what you post, they don't have to read it and comment!
    "Dreams are the touchstone of our characters." Henry David Thoreau
    Touchstone Farm
    www.bytouchstonefarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone Farm
    Tewhann, don't let them discourage you. Post away -- it's a free country. Personally, I don't like zwankesjacke one bit. One has to wonder why some would discourage discussion...unless they don't like to be reminded of what zwankesjacke stands for. If they don't like what you post, they don't have to read it and comment!
    In what way is the OP a discussion???? Seemed like an inflammatory, over generalised statement to me, designed to get an equally over emotional response from fellow rk haters that is based on the so called 'visceral' reaction to the method, but not an educated one - one which has been done to death by the same handful of people time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by nero
    Nothing wrong with it, that's my point. An RK horse though!

But then again according to Tewhann, I'm blind, so how would I know, I can't even see the pic!!! LOL
    You guys just crack me up! Look at the pics I posted and then tell me nothing's wrong. Don't pull out a shot from the show arena. Show me the schooling arena. That is where the truth is told.

Hey, any time you want the thread to drop, you can just quit posting!

What is always most telling is those who try to inflame another poster rather than debate a point on the merrits of their side (should it have any).

I guess you think if you name call enough it somehow lessens my point?

Sorry, it just doesn't work that way with intelligent people. Name call away. You don't bother me one bit.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nhwr

Finally some truth on one of these wacko topics. This is an issue related to the riders more than the method.

tewhann
    they make medicine for this
    Ah, this is one of my favorites. For those a bit slow on the uptake, let me reiterate my point: The name Anky does bring RK to mind. Why, might you ask? Because she is a very outspoken proponent of it. It's that simple. There are many others who are also outspoken proponents. Were their names mentioned, it would also bring RK to mind.

Why? Is it a personal vendetta? Is it an unhealthy obsession with these riders?

No, these riders and trainers aren't the target it's the METHOD that is the target. Now, for the petty among you, I know this is a hard concept, but stick with me for just a minute more.

What people like me and Walter Zettl, and Klaus Balkenhol and many others believe is that these methods are directing the sport of Dressage in a way that is not beneficial to the horses and is the actual antithesis of what Dressage should be.

The goal is to educate. The goal is to reverse the change.

This isn't a witch hunt.

Sorry it lacks the drama some of you folks so plainly seek.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tewhann
    You guys just crack me up! Look at the pics I posted and then tell me nothing's wrong. Don't pull out a shot from the show arena. Show me the schooling arena. That is where the truth is told.

Hey, any time you want the thread to drop, you can just quit posting!

What is always most telling is those who try to inflame another poster rather than debate a point on the merrits of their side (should it have any).

I guess you think if you name call enough it somehow lessens my point?

Sorry, it just doesn't work that way with intelligent people. Name call away. You don't bother me one bit.
    Who's name calling????? You were the one who said if we were not outraged by the pics you pointed us to we must be blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about inflammatory.

Have been happy to debate the merits, or more importantly the lack of problems, with RK for many years, go do a search because I realy couldn't be bothered getting into yet another slanging match with you about it. Its al been said before, didn't you get that point!

I don't need to show the schooling arena pics , you did (eye roll) and I have NO problem with those pics either. The pic I posted was to show that the technique of RK does result in correct dressage, and, if like me, you have no issue with the method being used in the warm up/schooling arena then what's the problem?!!! To me there is none.

Default Start educating yourself

What people like me and Walter Zettl, and Klaus Balkenhol and many others believe is that these methods are directing the sport of Dressage in a way that is not beneficial to the horses and is the actual antithesis of what Dressage should be.

What people like Walter Zettl, Klaus Balkenhol, many others and me.

Aunt Esther, do I have to wear white to poke trolls after Memorial Day?
    I'm not Aunt Esther, but I think the rules say you only have to where white when troll poking after Memorial day if you plan to poke them behind the ears right on the G-spot, unless of course you have poked previously, and then it is appropriate to where off-white.