The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Rollkur--A Picture is worth a thousand words

Check out the July issue of Horses for Life.

We must speak for those who have no voice.

horsesforlife.com
    The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain

Cool

Aunt Esther,
    what do you think is the right color breeches for rolkur in July? And what is the proper menu to serve in the hospitality tent post rolkur? I know you prefer a good single malt but mojitos are very refreshing in the heat!

Inquiring minds want to know
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Wink Good Riddance....

Quote Originally Posted by tewhann
    Check out the July issue of Horses for Life.

We must speak for those who have no voice.

horsesforlife.com

I thought you were on a year long vacation to Europe to study proper riding...the absence of RK has been cleansing and actually allowed for a regrouping of old party lines- why don't we readdress this topic later....!

Default well if a pic is worth that much................

..................check this out.

Am posting this as an antidote to the 'stuff' on the OPs nominated site.

It's beautiful and very correct, if this is what rk can achieve I think crucifying it as an invalid training technique is wrong, esp when there is not proof its cruel!!!!

http://anky.nl/anky/news.php?language=EN&id=2063

Its the top pic, a better, more correct pic of a piaffe with lightness, submission, engagement and willingness I have not seen for a while, and he's still quite a young GP horse. Well done Anky and PB.

So Ed what do you make of these allegations you have no voice?
    Hey lady, pass me another one of those nice shiny apples. Did you say alligator???!!!!!

Ed, people say you can't really talk is it true?
    did ya see my movies? i talk plenty but you gotta see my agent first and talk billing.

C'mon Ed this interview is going global we're talking BB's interweb the ethernet maybe even a new video on youtube give me something to work with here!
    Ok ok, keep calm lady. Did you bring mints? i like a good mint.

Can you give us some insight into what an equine athlete thinks about training techniqes in general?
    Well let me see, erm....errr....mmmm. Nope. Between you and me i got the brain the size of a walnut so i ain't really go the mental capacity to think in those terms. Had one helluva job learning dialogue - no post it notes back in them days see. Had all my lines hand engraved on slices of apple.... did you bring apples?

Ed, take a look at this picture... is this horse a happy athlete?
    whoa, lady! that's a profound and complex question. Did ya bring carrots? carrots are good. Is that horse eating a mint on the way to the orchard? Kinda looks like he's drooling ...maybe he dropped the mint...i hate it when that happens. I always take a great big mouthful so's when they fall out the side of your mouth ya still got some left! see i'm not the big dumb creature y'all thought.

Quote Originally Posted by nero
    ..................check this out.

Am posting this as an antidote to the 'stuff' on the OPs nominated site.

It's beautiful and very correct, if this is what rk can achieve I think crucifying it as an invalid training technique is wrong, esp when there is not proof its cruel!!!!

http://anky.nl/anky/news.php?language=EN&id=2063

Its the top pic, a better, more correct pic of a piaffe with lightness, submission, engagement and willingness I have not seen for a while, and he's still quite a young GP horse. Well done Anky and PB.
    That is lovely, Nero, thanks for posting the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine
    I thought you were on a year long vacation to Europe to study proper riding...the absence of RK has been cleansing and actually allowed for a regrouping of old party lines- why don't we readdress this topic later....!
    Only brought it up because someone posted about the Anky clinic and it just stirred me up.

"It's beautiful and very correct, if this is what rk can achieve I think crucifying it as an invalid training technique is wrong, esp when there is not proof its cruel!!!!"
    Did you see the pictures? The horses' faces tell the cruelty. Anyone who cannot see that is blind.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fiona
    So Ed what do you make of these allegations you have no voice?
    Hey lady, pass me another one of those nice shiny apples. Did you say alligator???!!!!!

Ed, people say you can't really talk is it true?
    did ya see my movies? i talk plenty but you gotta see my agent first and talk billing.

C'mon Ed this interview is going global we're talking BB's interweb the ethernet maybe even a new video on youtube give me something to work with here!
    Ok ok, keep calm lady. Did you bring mints? i like a good mint.

Can you give us some insight into what an equine athlete thinks about training techniqes in general?
    Well let me see, erm....errr....mmmm. Nope. Between you and me i got the brain the size of a walnut so i ain't really go the mental capacity to think in those terms. Had one helluva job learning dialogue - no post it notes back in them days see. Had all my lines hand engraved on slices of apple.... did you bring apples?

Ed, take a look at this picture... is this horse a happy athlete?
    whoa, lady! that's a profound and complex question. Did ya bring carrots? carrots are good. Is that horse eating a mint on the way to the orchard? Kinda looks like he's drooling ...maybe he dropped the mint...i hate it when that happens. I always take a great big mouthful so's when they fall out the side of your mouth ya still got some left! see i'm not the big dumb creature y'all thought.
    Actually their brain is the size of a baking potato. Just a minor correction...carry on.
    Roo & Lulu

"The horses' faces tell the cruelty. Anyone who cannot see that is blind."

if you didn't know who that was, and weren't biased, you would have made a completely different comment about that horse. tell me what on that horse's face bespeaks this horrible cruelty. my horse's face looks like that when i scratch his ears.

Oh poor, dear, (possibly crazy) Tewhann, if the mere mention of Anky's name sends you over the edge, perhaps you'd better close the blinds and log off of the computer and take a long nap until the WEG are over.

Or you could start 100 threads about rollkur and try to rehash the same old stuff over and over and over .

Your personal hatred of Anky is, well, rather creepy.

they're called 'stalkers'

Actually their brain is the size of a baking potato. Just a minor correction...carry on.
    Sadly Ed's brain is the size of a walnut on account of all the drinking he did on set. Whilst he mastered a fair range of verbal skills he never quite grasped the value of reading.....

Still water, Stolichnaya, surgical spirits all those mints the fans sent me ruined my taste buds jeez, i'm just a simple humble horse...why d'ya think i never got the gig in the spacecraft? they sent that pesky dog because he could read.

Thanks Ed but i think you're digressing somewhat, you're talking with DQ's not Droids

They coulda colour co ordinated the controls " one small leap for man not so much as a trotting pole for an equine" was my line i tell ya. "beam me up Trotting" was another. Then the big Busby Berkely musical number "there's rollkur on the starboard bow, star board bow, starboard bow"

Yes, thanks Ed. Think you should keep quiet now think you're alientating your demographic.

The horses' faces tell the cruelty. Anyone who cannot see that is blind."
    Care to comment on the above Ed?
    No? Sure?
    Nothing you want to say?
    Shame i'm sure he could have given us the view straight from the horses mouth so to speak but according to his agent he's way too busy training our Labrador puppies and polishing his new white stick.

That's so funny SLC. I have the same with my wife when I scratch her ear. We call it the G-spot.

Quote Originally Posted by slc2

if you didn't know who that was, and weren't biased, you would have made a completely different comment about that horse. tell me what on that horse's face bespeaks this horrible cruelty. my horse's face looks like that when i scratch his ears.
    Fun

2 words spring to mind horsedances

satnav. disappointment

Default Aunt Esther on Summer Rollkur

Quote Originally Posted by nhwr

Aunt Esther,
    what do you think is the right color breeches for rolkur in July? And what is the proper menu to serve in the hospitality tent post rolkur? I know you prefer a good single malt but mojitos are very refreshing in the heat!

Inquiring minds want to know
    Aunt Esther, national and international Purse Champion, says that of course lighter breeches are better for Summer Rollkur, unless the rider is Of Abundance, during which one would of course Summer Rollkur in dark breeches.

Summer Rollkur Hospitality Tents should serve a lighter fare. Aunt Esther undrestands that there are some who still demand a soup course, and for these people Aunt Esther recommends gazpacho, chilled beet soup or vichyssoise, although vichyssoise can be a bit heavy in summer.

Aunt Esther is always a fan of gourmet summer fare, and thinks that Summer Rollkur Hospitality Tent hosts and hostesses should spare no expense in providing a vast selection of culinary delights.

Aunt Esther does not do mojitos. She prefers a cuba libre.

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone
    Oh poor, dear, (possibly crazy) Tewhann, if the mere mention of Anky's name sends you over the edge, perhaps you'd better close the blinds and log off of the computer and take a long nap until the WEG are over.

Or you could start 100 threads about rollkur and try to rehash the same old stuff over and over and over .

Your personal hatred of Anky is, well, rather creepy.
    Personal hatred of Anky?????? Not sure where that one came from.

I have no opinion on Anky personally whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by slc2

Take a look at the pics. ACTUALLY look at them. There are MANY different riders, most of whom I don't even recognize.

This isn't about a person. It's about a method.

However, when a proponent of this method"gives a clinic, it reminds us who oppose RK that the fight has just begun.

If this is just "one crazy person's issue" then why are renowned German trainers and judges making issue of this?

I wasn't sure whether anybody her knew about the pics on Horses for Life. While RK has been discussed in theory to death, there haven't been photo discussions----that I've seen.

SLC, I very seriously doubt your horse has that look on its face when you scratch its ears. It is quite easy to tell the difference between a "horsey face" in pain and one in pleasure.

Thumbs down

There have been photo discussions at nauseum on this board and ...pardon me if I barf...and if you haven't gotten the drift yet- everyone here is really OVER it.

You should post this over on UDBB- there is a big cheering crowd for topics like this one...

Only brought it up because someone posted about the Anky clinic and it just stirred me up.

Finally some truth on one of these wacko topics. This is an issue related to the riders more than the method.

tewhann
    they make medicine for this
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

tewhann, we are very, very tired of rollkur discussions here. post it elsewhere, we're tired of it.