The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Gallop-on-Grant, I think I am close to you! I live in Kemp but I am hauling into Cornerstone Stables in Rockwall/Heath for lessons. Your horse is beeee-u-tiful! Maybe I will see you at some shows (Las Colinas Sept. 15-17?).

Melyni...I want Frej! I love him! He kinda reminds me of this pony I used to have (well, the chestunut spots part ):

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nch=imgAnch125

Aunt Esther, thank you for reminding us all that you do not need a Warmblood to participate in this sport!

Default Spots, spots, spots.... Love'em

Quote Originally Posted by strollincash
    Here are some pics of my Appy boy, Strollin' Cash! I love my non traditional breed and would probably apt for another non-trad breed should I ever strike it rich and be able to buy another horse!
    We especially have fun when we perform our Pas De Deux with a fellow Appy in our area! We definitely turn heads... (and just a slight brag but Cash and his partner Wolfie recently won the Pas De Deux class at Morven park in July! YEAH!)
    I find it quite amusing too when people ask what breed Cash is... guess the long, full tail throws them off!
    http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL971/.../153227177.jpg
    http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL971/.../153227189.jpg

Nice boy. Do you event him? I used to have one colored like him, i.e., roan, similar conformation and head, but with BIG spots (16.3 h.h. too). As for tails... well, look at my profile pic. ROFLOL (I've had some people ask if he were SWB/App. Nope. Traditional App/TB/QH mix).

I am on a leisurely horse hunt right now, since I think my guy may be headed for trail horse/pasture potato retirement. My budget is limited, which is even more reason to look for one of my spottie boys/girls - more horse for the money! I did read a book once, though, that said Apps (NOT Quarterloosas), being truly more closely descended from Spanish lines, ARE warmbloods - they just aren't EUROPEAN WBs. QHs, despite their TB derivation, as classed as "cold bloods."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by twnkltoz
    hee hee summerhorse, my trainer has an appy/tb cross who's an awesome mover (came out of the neighbor's pasture). When we show up at dressage shows (I have an arab), people must wear themselves out sneering! HAHA!!

I'll refrain from posting pics since I've posted so many of her already.
    LOL didn't anyone tell them their faces will freeze that way?

I can't post pictures but here's a link. Last show. (man that was a long time ago...) http://community.webshots.com/photo/...30219937ofKlcL

He wasn't much to look at conformationally wise but man could he just FLOAT.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Default He is too sexy for himself....

Oh pleassseeee look at my handsome 1/2 arab at one of our first shows in Santa Barbara (gloves have been updated to white by now)

http://tinyurl.com/jtkm9

I just loff him!!

WOW, he's a beauty!
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Thank you, and if you dare,... take a look at our LADY GODIVA dressage costume show from last year... not sure what Aunt Esther will think of this, it just might send her to depths far beyond what hospitality tent could repair.... Yup, this is what is going on in California!!!

http://tinyurl.com/l2cgg

Default username says it all

It's PRE all the way! I have 3, silver, dapple gray, and black. Their size and temperament suit me. If I could post pics, I would, but alas...

Ok, figured out how to post a pic and finally found one that doesn't make my boy or me look hefty - don't know why but the camera makes his neck look short and fat when it's really quite noble

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...sed&interval=3

Another picture for you all to check out of a non-traditional. My Anglo Arab mare.

http://www.geocities.com/impulsestab...?1155329692073
    Things Take Time

AKeventer, I know who you are!

I have had the privilege of announcing the wondrous Dang a few times - a lovely horse with a great name.

My apologies to Aunt Esther for interrupting this thread.

Yes, Wild Oaks, we are close! Thank you! And yours are all so pretty too! I want a Mini Donk!

Maybe next year for sure! He is just learning canter!
    "Shoot low Sheriff! She rides a fast pony!"

Well I do have to join this thread. My lovely non-warmblood has been to 2 Dressage shows in her life (me too) Her 2nd show she came in 1st in both Intro A & B with a 64.5 and 65. She was up against a Ferro bred gelding, a recently imported Swedish WB and several other very nice horses. She's also a small horse (strike 2) She is a Connemara/TB and I wouldn't trade her for any Warmblood. We are getting ready for Training level at our next show this month.

At horse expo this year, I saw some GORGEOUS Andi's, and it got me to thinking about breeding my mare. I was drooling over this big bay with long wavy hair....mmmmmmmm......
    Jennifer Walker
    Proud owner of Capt Han Solo+, Arabian stallion http://www.capthansolo.com
    Author, freelance writer http://www.authorjennwalker.com

Quote Originally Posted by iheartponies
    Aunt Esther it is so nice to hear somebody acknowledge the Norwegian Fjord. I just started mine schooling training level and he loves it. We definately have some warmblood competition but he's a great pony.
    I scribed this spring at a schooling show where a woman riding a Norwegian Fjord wiped the rest of the class...including a lovely moving WB gelding ridden by a young boy who is enthusiastic but very much the beginner and in this case, quite overhorsed. She won because her horse was a solid steady eddie. And so adorable.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Well, I own three horses....Han/Tb, Han/Qtr and English Tb (1/4 Han)..and while I love all three dearly...at 5'4 and petite...I miss my arabians dearly...they were the most sane, safe, fun horses that I Have ever owned and I have really considering selling my horses and getting an arab...problem is the emotinal attachment...Han/TB is 16'3 English Tb is 16.3 and the Han/Qtr is the best size right around 16 hands...but she isn't ready to ride, as she needs some rehab for an injury that we think happened to her with the original owner.

I LUV ARABIANS and Half Arabians....and the ones who are built to really do dressage just take my breath away.

I have an OTTB who does dressage with me (although he occasionally makes it clear that dressage would be more fun with fewer 20-meter circles and more galloping). He has a great work ethic, plenty of go, and is a joy to ride. I will always be a Thoroughbred fan.

He has been sick this year and we haven't been able to show, but we're still training, when he's up to it. This is him at a small schooling show a year ago. Please excuse the mismatched tack, poorly-fitting huntseat clothes, and ribboned saddle pad--I had to borrow a lot of stuff on short notice! All I can say in my defense is that most people at the show were in T-shirts.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...67972498drEWSz

Ha, Melyni! I get the opposite! Lots of people ask me if my appy is "one of those Danish horses."

Around here, which you would think would be prime appy country, they seem to expect all appies to be kinda stringy looking, I think. Which when I look at the other appys posted on here is obviously completely not the case!

Dear Aunt Esther,

Here are a couple of pics of my Arabian stallion at our first show together (I'm in the derby, my trainer is in the hunt cap). I know I have committed a few fashion faux pas, please forgive me... I now know that black gloves are bad... and the black pad with white fleece was my trainer's idea... I know , I know... I will never bend to pressure again. However, I will have to fight you over the pre-tied stock tie... unless someone here can point me in the direction of a web site with instructions on how to tie one my self... and they have to be idiot proof!

Please, rethink your position on purebred Arabians... come ride my guy... that will be all it would take to kindle a flame for the breed .

canter

hi!

Last edited by Sakura; Aug. 11, 2006 at 07:46 PM.

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Default Aunt Esther is very tall

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    Dear Aunt Esther,

Her eare a couple of pics of my Arabian stallion at our first show together (I'm in the derby, my trainer is in the hunt cap). I know I have committed a few fashion faux pas, please forgive me... I now know that black gloves are bad... and the black pad with white fleece was my trainer's idea... I know , I know... I will never bend to pressure again. However, I will have to fight you over the pre-tied stock tie... unless someone here can point me in the direction of a web site with instructions on how to tie one my self... and they have to be idiot proof!

Please, rethink your position on purebred Arabians... come ride my guy... that will be all it would take to kindle a flame for the breed .

canter

hi!

Aunt Esther, national and international Purse Champion, thinks your stallion is breathtaking.

Aunt Esther is quite tall and, consequently, finds that she is too tall for most Arabians. But Aunt Esther does point out that she is quite fond of Anglo Arabs, so for Arabian fans, you have won half the battle with Aunt Esther.

I think everyone would agree when I say "Thank God for Aunt Esther!" Too bad most judges don't share the same beliefs.
    I, myself, own and ride a crop out (breeding stock) paint. The funny thing is - no one can ever figure out what he is and the most guessed guess is Morgan.
    I refuse to give up on my boy. He's short (15.1), stocky, thick-necked, etc. but I know he can do it and do it well, even if the judges might not think so. Although I have been fortunate enough to receive decent comments most of the time (favorites: "expressive!" "willing and capable" "wonderful horse").
    Alas, I do not own a digital camera and cannot post a pic.
    I love going to a trainer or clinic who says "Oh! My first FEI horse was a Quarter Horse (or Paint)."