The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

What a great idea. I have never posted on the dressage forum - I am an eventer, and although I enjoy dressage, as you will see it is not my strongest point!

TB doing dressage (at a horse trial)
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...acDressage.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...e/macdress.jpg

Irish Sport horse doing dressage (again at a horse trial):
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rufusdress.jpg

And I couldn't resist - a WB doing dressage. Its her first dressage competition, also a HT, and the photo isn't quite at the right point in time.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...hoebedress.jpg

And Yes, she is a registered WB, both parents registered too, mother was out of a coloured mare. Aunt Esther, I hope you approve.

Exclamation Who cares if she approves....

Just lovely TB Phoebe trainer.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." Caffeinated.

I own a mare that is shown at Third level and she is a QUARTER HORSE mare I actually baught her from a cutting ranch.

Kissitallgoodbye - Diamond

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Untitled27.jpg

Thank you Sannois. I think he has got what it takes. Funny - before this winter (ie last few months) he has never been like a TB - my 10 year old foster son could ride him, fast work etc but this winter he's got really up himself and now I wouldn't let kids near him - but his dressage has got better and better!

I have a TB!!! He looks a tad like a warmblood in some of the pics(There's a good riding shot of him in my profile picture). :-) And I never worry about not being on a warmblood.

Everyone has beautiful horses!
    "Personally speaking, if for whatever reason I was stuck with absolutely only having to chose one breed, then it would without hesitation be a thoroughbred."

Well my "little" welsh cob who has already qualified at 1st level for the regional championships managed to qualify for 2nd level as well after the show this past weekend. He won the class with his qualifying test and went on to earn another Dover medal in his next class. There is an "OK" picture of him in my profile - it's kind of an awkward moment 'cause it's in 2nd level test four just as I'm going from shoulder in to renvers but I liked how it shows his concentration. He's a real trooper.

Default Best. Thread. Ever.

I've enjoyed everyone's pics of their lovely beasts immensely.

I had a background in WBs from when I lived in Germany, but became smitten with Icelandics when flying back and forth on Iceland Air (always the cheapest). So although I ride others' horses (Dutch, Hanoverians, and a few lovely Irish Sport--erm...*Bog* --Horses), my personal dressage mount is a 13.3ish Icelandic.

I'm 5'9", but he takes up my leg and sure doesn't feel 13.3. I love the looks we get when tacking up, but I love the dropped jaws when folks see him move--especially his ginormous trot--even more.

I can't find any pics on this machine, but will post if I can unearth some.

Perhaps we need a thread (or a clique) for gaited dressage horses?

Here is a picture of my horse. He was just started under saddle last month and he is doing so well that I started to think he might be a good partner for me (I had my doubts as he is all sports car...if you know what I mean...lots of go, go, go). He is out of a beautiful and sweet arab mare and the TB stallion Deputed Duke. If you look through the webshots there is one of his dam and Deputed Duke
    Darrin
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
    ? Rumi

I've got an appy too! Well, he's an appy cross.

http://www.freewebs.com/stonewallsromeo/pictures.htm

We've improved alot since these pix were taken.

I haven't taken him to any shows or clinics yet, but I'm anticipating wierd looks and some comments... Our first clinic is in 2 weeks, I'm so excited!

I've also got my Quarter Horse, he doesn't look like much, but people are always completely surprised and blown away when they see him move! I love hearing them, lol.

http://www.freewebs.com/tjequine/quervo.htm

btw, everybody's horses are just gorgeous!

Thumbs up Icelandics

Icelandics are SOOOO cool! Rode some up in Vermont. I wanted one really really bad - but live in Texas and with them blowing in the 'heat' in Vermont, I figured that would be a REALLY bad idea!

Thumbs up Cool indeed.

But they do fine in the heat so long as you body clip them.

There's a guy out in SoCA who does endurance. He's got over 10,000 miles on one of his horses. Clipped and conditioned, they can do heat just fine.

Default Aunt Esther Never Fails to Delight!

Ah, another excellent thread from Aunt Esther!
    It reminds me of Julie, a friend of mine who took her Paint mare to a dressage clinic with many DQs in attendance. Julie's mare is a lovely chestnut with sabino markings. One of the DQs asked Julie "what" her mare was and Julie replied proudly, "She's a Paint." The DQ then pressed on to ask if her mare was by (unpronounceable German stallion name here) and Julie said, "No, Sonny's Top Gun." The DQ's eyes widened and she said, "Oh, so she's a REAL Paint." Apparently, the DQ didn't speak to Julie the rest of the week...
    Of course, Julie is the same gal who happened to overhear one of the DQs at her barn exclaiming that she "couldn't believe" Julie had purchased a red halter for her mare, as "everyone knows" that "you just can't put red on a chestnut!" Julie then proceeded to purchase as many items of red tack as she could find (sport medicine boots, saddle pad, etc.) and wear them all at once while schooling. I thought it ironic that the fashionista who made the comment favored purple herself...
    Rachel Kosmal McCart
    Equine Legal Solutions, Inc.
    www.equinelegalsolutions.com