The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Debbie,
    Would you please answer my only question which is largely unrelated to this.

You felt that Katie16's age was something to point out as well as a religion.
    How is this related?

Please.

Default For Four Wands

I will answer your question. I was hurt because so many people, who did not know me, were attacking me. I knew facts that they did not. When I read the post from Katie16, I had had it with all the ugly post. It just struck me as childish that anyone would believe all the things that had been said about me, and still believe....1 - that if the pony was capable of making it to Pony Finals that it would not have been sold, making profit for me and for Leah. 2 - That if I had 'stolen' the pony, I would be stupid enough to show up at Pony Finals with it. I"m sorry I said that to Katie16. I was overwhelmed with the post.

The wiccan remark. Again, I was amazed that anyone would use a word such as evil to someone they do not know, concerning a situation of which this person had no real facts.

I have to say, you have given me the only smiles I have had since this disaster began. It was very decent that you kept wondering about those two items. I wanted to reply to you in a private message, but I worried that would be construed as trying to make you some sort of ally to me.

Debbie

I try not to be a judgemental person. I know there are two sides to every story and when you're cornered, you're cornered and everyone, okay most people, lash out.

I'm not wiccan but please understand, it's not really an evil religion. Just different.

Thanks for answering!

LOL, I woudln't mind if you were a wiccan. I am the least judgemental person in the world. I don't know about that religion, but I have always been the 'Live and Let Live' sort.

[QUOTE=sidlehill2]
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheSonWelshCobs
    Jodi, would you mind posting the 'original agreement', just to help refresh my memory?

Thanks,
    Debbie
    Hi Debbie...

I can't take the liberty of posting the agreement. It's between you and the owner. I will say I've been aware of the agreement and this entire situation since 2003.

I think maybe you have oversimplified the reason for Diva still being in your posession after the time you made her available. You yourself said she wouldn't have a coggins til Tuesday (day before yesterday) so showing up before then would have amounted to you having house guests until the coggins and health certificate could have been obtained.

I'm positive Leah will be there to get her as soon as is humanly possible given the distance between you. She is now certain of the pony's location which played a big role in her waiting to collect Diva. Having been told the pony could be in NC or SC she really did need to be sure the pony was back with you in MS. Otherwise driving there would have been a total waste of time.

As for the trailer...Ponies need trailers to get them home, trailers need proper hitches to be hooked to trucks, people need accomodations for LONG trips especially when traveling with small children.

I'm glad an agreement has been reached. Hopefully I will be seeing Diva back home in the very near future.

Jodi (Under the SON Welsh Cobs)
    http://underthesonfarm.com

[QUOTE=UnderTheSonWelshCobs][QUOTE=sidlehill2]

Hi Debbie...

I can't take the liberty of posting the agreement. It's between you and the owner.

[QUOTE=UnderTheSonWelshCobs]

The pony was taken on cosignment.

Jodi, You can 'quote' the agreement when it serves your purpose. The fact is you do not know the agreement. You have never respected 'It's between you and the owner', or you would never have made so many posts about something you know nothing of, except what Leah has told you.

My only point is, you have quoted as fact many things of which you have no knowledge, you have hurt me and Leah. You thought you were being a good friend and that I was a monster, so you attacked. You were wrong. I don't expect you to own up to it, but maybe, in the future, you will let everyone handle their own affairs. Leah saw what was happening and decided to sit back and let it go.

Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by sidlehill2
    Jodi, You can 'quote' the agreement when it serves your purpose. The fact is you do not know the agreement. You have never respected 'It's between you and the owner', or you would never have made so many posts about something you know nothing of, except what Leah has told you.

My only point is, you have quoted as fact many things of which you have no knowledge, you have hurt me and Leah. You thought you were being a good friend and that I was a monster, so you attacked. You were wrong. I don't expect you to own up to it, but maybe, in the future, you will let everyone handle their own affairs. Leah saw what was happening and decided to sit back and let it go.

Debbie
    Whatever you say Debbie. I've got nothing left to say. It's over and done with.

Jodi

First of all I am so glad that the two parties have worked out their differences on the pony. Hopefully she is home soon.

There are always two sides of the story and the truth is usually in the middle.

I feel a bit compelled, after some of the recent posts, to respond to a few of the comments. However, I don't see how doing so, will help in any way to resolve this situation. Therefore, I am going to practice restraint.

I have always prided myself on my ethics and I will let the reputation I've built for myself and my business, stand on it's own merits.
    Leah McFarlin
    Winding Oaks Welsh & Sport Ponies in Morriston, FL
    www.wowelsh.com
    Home of BF Oliver Twist & Misty Mountain Brynmor

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Wink

Leah, I think it highly unlikely that anyone with an ounce of common sense will think less of you, after having thoroughly read this entire thread.

The same, unfortunately, cannot be said of sidlehill and her,............contributions to same. Guilty dog barks the loudest, I've always been told..........................
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Well, I have read ALL the posts and I still believe that it's difficult to know the exact story because only Leah and Debbie know all the details of this "saga".

I'm not questioning Leah's integrity, she may be completely and utterly in the right on this situation. But just because Debbie posted what was an "emotional" defense doesn't mean she's guilty of all of the things she's been accused of.

I've found that many times the folks on this board "pile on" on side of an argument and refuse to imagine that there may be other circumstances they are not aware of. It's got to be difficult to read what were in some cases pretty outlandish scenarios of what MAY have happened to the pony. Some may find that entertaining - if it's about you or your business, maybe it's not so funny.

I don't know any of the people involved in this - but hope it is resolved in a way that gets the pony back in the hands of its owner and if the trainer is genuinely owed money that is taken care of also.

AND, I do consider myself to have a great deal of common sense.
    Enough not to judge people (guilty or innocent) without feeling confident that I have enough information to do so.

You know, this is going nowhere. I think the two parties involved (and any of their friends who feel copelled to be involved) can work it out in the privacy of their own e-mail. But it's time in the sun is over...
    "Better dead than red?"