The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unhappy

There is too much sand flying in here!!!!

Play nice or your guests will have to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by sugar208
    I am having flashbacks of high school. Considering that was eons ago that is not easy to do. Kind of like walking into your hometown rivals' school. Some of the kids will happily wlcome you and show you around and others would rather just beat you down so you go back to your own side of the tracks.
    So true-- and when I read this all I could think of was the Pink Ladies from grease! I think we should start the Pink Ladies!

And it's rather a sad thing to mis-judge Clanter. He's really quite a chap!
    Doh!

Default Thanks alot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hototrot
    So true-- and when I read this all I could think of was the Pink Ladies from grease! I think we should start the Pink Ladies!

And it's rather a sad thing to mis-judge Clanter. He's really quite a chap!
    Dog gone you. Now I have that stupid "Beauty School Dropout" song in my head.

Question

I have a question for the reasonable people, like clanter. Are you even the tiniest bit irritated by some of your compatriots or do you feel they are all stellar examples of the human race?

Quote Originally Posted by SarMoniet
    Seriously, clanter -- We know you love to be the author of a bazillion threads on the UDBB. But here could you please just keep all of the info contained in your refugee thread? We don't need a bazillion UDBB threads on COTH. This was totally unnecessary. Everyone who cares about the state of the UDBB is following the other thread.

Stop doing Mark's dirty work and peddling for cash on other boards. That's just rude. And wrong. If he needs the cash so badly let him ask for it once he gets his own board back up and running (if that ever happens).
    Sar I've never really had a problem with you, but I think what you said was just down right rude. I'm sure you'd help Erin out anyway possible if COTH was in trouble... don't hold such a grudge.
    "Shut up and ride!" (My beloved trainer )

Default eggie-

the exact same question could be posed to the cothers!

both boards have their "personalities," shall we say?

Ok, true, nez, but I have a better idea here about who is whom and whatr is what. Just curious, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by tewhann
    Do you have any idea how big the UDBB is???

Do you think Mark runs it off his own server for the FUN of it? For the JOY of getting to maintain a huge server out of his OWN POCKET?????

Geesh. If you don't like it, don't go. But why the need to be so critical?????

Some people just get off the on the misery/failure of others, tewhann. It takes too much energy to get upset over it, but damn I do love this ignore button Erin has provided!!

I do appreciate Erin letting us park here for a bit, however, the bitchiness of some of her members could be toned down. I guess the inner child in people rears its head more than one would expect...

Again, thank you Erin for your hospitality.
    "Shut up and ride!" (My beloved trainer )

Quote Originally Posted by egontoast
    I have a question for the reasonable people, like clanter. Are you even the tiniest bit irritated by some of your compatriots or do you feel they are all stellar examples of the human race?
    there is not anything that I can say that would make you happy

I'm going to pretend I am one of the reasonable people. I am irritated by some of the posts on UDBB and on COTH. I am irritated by some of the people in my local horse community. I like being a part of these communities anyway. The good outweighs the bad.... Don't you find that true here as well?

Default eggie-

Quote Originally Posted by bjrudq

I guess being a “Personalities” is an up grade from “Mascot “… I think

Quote Originally Posted by tewhann
    Do you have any idea how big the UDBB is???

Do you think Mark runs it off his own server for the FUN of it? For the JOY of getting to maintain a huge server out of his OWN POCKET?????

Geesh. If you don't like it, don't go. But why the need to be so critical?????
    Actually he runs it because he didn't care for the way the (now defunct) USDF bb or the USCTA bb were run and did not get along with some (lots) of the regular posters on those boards. When USDF was down more than it was up and USCTA was making Jo pull her hair out.....COTH got started and Ultimate Dressage got started and people from the other two boards tended to settle on one or the other or both. (The majority of those of us who got banned from UDBB and didn't want to listen to the boogers 24 hours a day are here.)
    Mark wanted to have a board that ran the way he thought it should, including screening membership....so he built one. Kudos to him, it's a nice board. But it was not an act of charity, people kept telling him to go get his own board if he wanted to run one....so he did.

Default clanter

Quote Originally Posted by clanter
    I guess being a “Personalities” is an up grade from “Mascot “… I think
    You know you will always be OUR mascot. Remember, mascots are usually more loved and cared for then the personalities they represent.

To those who displayed some charm, welcome, and hope you visit often.

Thank you as well to our hands off non control freak moderators.

Amen!

JZW Guest

This is so sad....

i am disgusted with computers and what they do to people. I thought it was with all of the other stuff out there, but I guess it is with riding too. No more for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JZW
    This is so sad....

i am disgusted with computers and what they do to people. I thought it was with all of the other stuff out there, but I guess it is with riding too. No more for me.
    Don't be sad...think of it like herd dynamics.

Throw a couple of established herds together and watch the mares position themselves and their herds! Add a couple happy go lucky geldings (one imported , one home bred morgan) and there ya go!

At the end of the day...they are just words.

Sarmoneit...please get over yourself! It is so evident that you have a problem with Mark. Most of us have been more than gracios about taking up your Coth band width. We thank you over and over. clanter is NOT trolling for Suzy We have a community that we are familiar with...there is no place like home...why are you so bitter to all of us when your problem stems from something that most of us know nothing about??

Reminds me of dogs pissing on every fence post...is your bladder empy yet?

Talking

Well.....I for one am simply glad that COTH has extended us UDBBers a friendly olive branch.

Thank you Erin! To show my support and appreciation, I purchased a Premium membership. Maybe a few others could do the same?

And I am willing to help randsom Suzy from her evil captors!
    Proud Rubenesquestrian!

\"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zinnniaz
    I'm going to pretend I am one of the reasonable people. I am irritated by some of the posts on UDBB and on COTH. I am irritated by some of the people in my local horse community. I like being a part of these communities anyway. The good outweighs the bad.... Don't you find that true here as well?

I think that's very true- there are some annoying creatures on both boards and as long as you haven't had a run-in with Mark- it must feel pretty similar- when you post- maybe COTH is more liberal and loose in some ways- which can be super fun but also go the other way - sometime- where uDBB seems more in the middle of the road- but still provides a good number of outstanding posters and usual annoying lot that preaches the same ^%#^%# over and over...