The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

That has to be one of the best pictures I have seen in a long time Theo! Thank you for making my day.

Its funny how the tide coming and going of new members erases things now isnt it? He's got a whole new set of followers drinking the kool-aide.

I am very grateful to Mark for picking up the BB after USDF shut down in Y2K.

I am also grateful to Erin and the others here for allowing us to come and play.

Most people are. There are always a few who apparently are frustrated in their own lives or are just nasty people who just can't keep their personal attacks to themselves.

Lets not let those ruin it for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by clanter
    do you guys burn crosses too?
    ugh. your analogy is insulting. i'm as inconoclastic as the next guy but really...

BTW. There are plenty of websites that offer FREE forums and boards. The best one is www.proboards.com. Personally I think if you choose to host a board on your OWN server it's YOUR problem. Asking for money from your board members is just rude. If Mark doesn't know how to fix the server leave it up to professionals, which btw is what I do for living. Also if your server gets old or crashes it’s not your member’s problem. And if you want your forum to be stable than get some redundancy and work on problems without loosing your members. I bet there are going to be plenty of people that won’t come back because of not being able to log in. If you make money off of the forum than it’s only smart to get redundant hardware and find yourself knowledgeable person to fix your problems or you will spend useless time trying to fix something you know nothing or very little about. This is just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by knz66
    Its funny how the tide coming and going of new members erases things now isnt it? He's got a whole new set of followers drinking the kool-aide.
    Nope, more likely drinking Saddlebred Martinis or Margarita's.

Do you have any idea how big the UDBB is???

Do you think Mark runs it off his own server for the FUN of it? For the JOY of getting to maintain a huge server out of his OWN POCKET?????

Geesh. If you don't like it, don't go. But why the need to be so critical?????

oh well

Well here's how I see it. After the UDBB is up and running again, some will go and some will stay. Me, I think I've doubled my post count here in the last week. No doubt it will trickle down again. I enjoy the lighthearted humor that goes back and forth between some posters. I try and ignore the negative posters and the nasties on both boards. I try to focus on the positive. I enjoy my horses and dressage way too much to be nasty.

After all is said and done, Clanter will still be the same happy, content, successful, postive, helpful, funny kind of guy that he is. Others will still have their noses out of joint for the same reasons they were out of joint before. Hopefully someday they too will become "happy people". Maybe that will be the next FEI rule. Happy riders on happy horses.

Any bets that rooster kicks the board off the bank once he gets to the other side? Any rooster worth his feathers would send his flock on ahead of him wouldn't he?

I am having flashbacks of high school. Considering that was eons ago that is not easy to do. Kind of like walking into your hometown rivals' school. Some of the kids will happily wlcome you and show you around and others would rather just beat you down so you go back to your own side of the tracks.

That said, clanter, you must just be swimming in obscure news bits that you are just itching to share.

Quote Originally Posted by sugar208
    I am having flashbacks of high school. Considering that was eons ago that is not easy to do. Kind of like walking into your hometown rivals' school. Some of the kids will happily wlcome you and show you around and others would rather just beat you down so you go back to your own side of the tracks.

That said, clanter, you must just be swimming in obscure news bits that you are just itching to share.
    yes... a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by tewhann
    Do you have any idea how big the UDBB is???

Do you think Mark runs it off his own server for the FUN of it? For the JOY of getting to maintain a huge server out of his OWN POCKET?????

Geesh. If you don't like it, don't go. But why the need to be so critical?????
    If he doesn't like it and doesn't want to spend the money than WHY DOES HE DO IT? Makes no sense to me at all. My husband wanted me to host his servers and because I DO NOT LIKE IT I told him to host it with ISP but that's his BUSINESS not a Forum. Plus NO one that is not an ISP should be hosting their own servers unless they know what they are doing and they have a dedicated line.

Quote Originally Posted by partita
    Any bets that rooster kicks the board off the bank once he gets to the other side? Any rooster worth his feathers would send his flock on ahead of him wouldn't he?
    Now that makes a funny visual.

Default no,

mark hasn't asked anyone for money, ever.

and clanter is no one's errrand boy.

BJ is right. Mark has NEVER, EVER asked for money.

Some of us with deep appreciation for what he does may want to offer it.

What's the problem with that????

Anyway, like I said, you don't like it, don't go. That's the beauty of CHOICES!!

Default Awwwww...the UDBB Bitter Banned Clan

I think Clanter is joking.
    His jokes are not that obscure.
    No chickens here, Theo, we are just chillin' for a while.
    Laughing a little, etc.

Funny, still hold all that resentment, there is just no point, I recall boasting about getting fake names to go back onto UDBB. God alone knows why. Move on. Who cares. Moderation is moderation. yawn. Some folks get toooooooo involved in a board. It's just a place to chat, learn, meet, laugh, share, etc.

Hope you've healed and finally are back on your big black draft cross.
    It sucks getting bucked off. My tip: lean back and breath. Works in aaaaaalll aspects of life!

Thanks for the laugh Clanter.

Anybody notice Sar's web site shows UDBB on her favorite web sites list!?

Mike, that page is older than old. The AOL web software changed and I can't get it to work on my computer. Notice, too, that the show results are still from 2004? Yes, that's how long it's been since I've been able to do anything with that web page. And your point is? The page will exist until I delete my screen name.

So maybe I should change my link. Oh well. Sue me.

And when did I say that I hate the UDBB? I've said repeatedly that I enjoy many of the people who post there. I still consider many to be "friends." I just don't like the owner. Is that not allowed?
    Proud member of the draft cross clique!!! Mum to Normandy & Sar.
    http://hometown.aol.com/sarmoniet/index.html

Funny Horsedance, I thought the caption on your photo said something like Auke, so of course I thought it was the brave and flashy Anky leading the way, with all the flock of eagerly hens eagerly lining up to follow up, on this "narrow" but all so rewarding path.

Clanter completely "got" the cross/horse sculpture bonfire thing. It certainly feel like UDB is that much hated by some.

And Sarmoniet, you are allowed to be as much of an hypocrite as you wish. Having read your posts about Mark at a time when you were "friends" I wonder what more you could say now that you dont like him anymore..my guess is not much more.

Wow, Karoline, do you ever listen to yourself? And to think that you believe some of us were banned for our bad dispositions while someone who spews as much nastiness as you do is welcome there.

To those who displayed some charm, welcome, and hope you visit often.

Thank you as well to our hands off non control freak moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by sugar208

Mee too Mee too
    Did you hear.......?
    Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.