The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default CDI Lingen - results disprove theory

I think if anyone cares to look at the results from the weekend competition it might just put a fly in the ointment for those who argue that Anky always wins just because she's Anky - she did OK on her two horses but certainly it looks like they were scoring the RIDE not the name of the rider. I think judging is probably fairer and more accurate than many here and on that other silly board think!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, her number one horse wins because he IS the best horse NOT because she gets Anky-points!!!!!! No, that would just be too logical wouldn't it?! ;-)

Huffy Puffy!!!!!

Anky is a great rider, training under a man who is exceedingly good. Her horses are excellent. She chooses well.

I'm sure she is as gracious in not winning as in winning.

All that said.THERE IS a halo effect. Where judges see what they expect to see. They are, sad to say, all too human. Sometimes it takes a real jolt to wake them up. Cie le vie!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by merrygoround
    Huffy Puffy!!!!!

Anky is a great rider, training under a man who is exceedingly good. Her horses are excellent. She chooses well.

I'm sure she is as gracious in not winning as in winning.

All that said.THERE IS a halo effect. Where judges see what they expect to see. They are, sad to say, all too human. Sometimes it takes a real jolt to wake them up. Cie le vie!!!!!!!!!!
    Not huffy at all.

And I never said Anky would be unhappy or ungracious.

Stop projecting!!!

thanks for the info Nero. Looks to me like the Danes are making up a good team to take over the Bronze at WEG's.

hey, i am one of the "theory" folks.... and i got the idea not from my little head, but from various books of some very well known people.

ie i have read from the judges themselves that this happens - so why try to pretend it doesnt??

Anky is superb - merrygoround, that guy with her - pffffft! He didn't frigging ride a horse till he was 30, and barely then - don't give him any credit except for good marketing skills!

Quote Originally Posted by mbm
    hey, i am one of the "theory" folks.... and i got the idea not from my little head, but from various books of some very well known people.

ie i have read from the judges themselves that this happens - so why try to pretend it doesnt??
    Yeah, that's right, don't let what actually happens, as evidenced by the weekend (that Anky does't always win) and a logical argument which looks at the fact that Salinero is the best horse going around at the moment, get in the way of your theory!!

Quote Originally Posted by nero
    Yeah, that's right, don't let what actually happens, as evidenced by the weekend (that Anky does't always win) and a logical argument which looks at the fact that Salinero is the best horse going around at the moment, get in the way of your theory!!

i was making a general comment about the "theory" you were ridiculing. i did not extrapolate that to the scores you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dogs
    Anky is superb - merrygoround, that guy with her - pffffft! He didn't frigging ride a horse till he was 30, and barely then - don't give him any credit except for good marketing skills!

What's the go with the " someone didn't start riding as an embryo and therefore can't have an opinion, or know anything aboyut horses" theory????? How dumb. Where is it written that you must ride as a two year old in order to have cred as a trainer/rider????? The guy rode for his country!!! Have you? I would have thought if aything this gives him MORE credibility than someone who took all their life to get there, clearly the guy has natural talent and worked his butt off the learn to ride so well in comparitively such little time. Props to Sjef for this achievement regardless of what you think of his methods! How close minded of you.

i was making a general comment about the "theory" you were ridiculing. i did not extrapolate that to the scores you posted.
    sorry what thread are you reading??? I didn't post any scores.

And I was making a general comment about your 'theory' and how it is flawed as evidenced by results this weekend, so, as usual, I have no idea what you are talking about!

sorry what thread are you reading??? I didn't post any scores.

And I was making a general comment about your 'theory' and how it is flawed as evidenced by results this weekend, so, as usual, I have no idea what you are talking about!
    hey, as i said it isnt *my* theory. i was jsut repeating what i read from some of the TOP people in the sport.

argue with them.

Or how about THIS theory - there has been SO much Hullaballou about Anky and her scores, that the judges have had to take off their rose colored glasses and start scoring more according to the rule book. Honestly - did you SEE the olympics??? Did you really think the GP ride deserved the score it got? Really?? I got the feeling that they couldn't imagine the medal round without her, and they 'forgave' a young horse for glaring mistakes and huge tension issues, and they scored generously. Then she Did come on strong in the freestyle, which is always her strong point. But really, the GP ride? And there have been some recent 'World Record Scores' that were NOT that extrordinary - GOOD rides, Yes, and maybe even significantly better than what they have done in the past, but 82%?? And 87 for the Freestyle a while back???

So, really, do you feel Such a need to defend Anky? Do you really Feel SO VERY RIGHT?

amazing.

hey, as i said it isnt *my* theory. i was jsut repeating what i read from some of the TOP people in the sport.

argue with them.
    Um, maybe you need to start coming up with your own theories from your own brain and understanding of the sport instead of just repeating what others say!!! Just a thought!

and eqipoize....wha?????? actually if I took you step by step though each movement of Anky in the GP waaaay back then and compared it to every other horse, yes she did deserve to win, because I did it at the time, the other horses had major flaws too, it all comes out in the wash.

Anky competed with her #2 horse Krack C and #3 horse Painted Black, and gave a wonderfull show with Salinero at Lingen this weekend.

The weekend before she was #13 with again another horse (Nelson).

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by eqipoize
    Do you really Feel SO VERY RIGHT?
    Yup!!! ;-)

Um, maybe you need to start coming up with your own theories from your own brain and understanding of the sport instead of just repeating what others say!!! Just a thought!
    Yeah mbm, you should start developing your own school of riding based on your own theories..who gives a damn about hundreds of years of combined experience and well tested knowledge. Its all bull crap.

And after your reinvent dressage, why dont give yoga the same treatment. Those yogis dont know crap either.

Oh and Nero, where else but one's brain would one's own theory come from? Oop, just took a look at more of your posts, I guess your brain is definitely not the culprit here!
    Last edited by Karoline; Jul. 10, 2006 at 01:06 AM.

actually if I took you step by step though each movement of Anky in the GP waaaay back then and compared it to every other horse, yes she did deserve to win, because I did it at the time, the other horses had major flaws too, it all comes out in the wash.
    Well, see, that is where subjective opinion comes in, and while you may have many that agree with you, I have probably the same number that agree with me. There was a flurry of discussion about it WAAAYYY Back then too. I believe even the commentators on the CD are a little surprized at the marks.

Anyhoo, her failure to win this weekend does nothing to prove or disprove Any theory - except to say that THIS weekend she Didn't have the best horse - In the Scoring Judges Opinions. No matter How right you may feel.

But the self Assured always assure themselves, and nothing I type will change that. So "Burger King" - you can have it your way.

Quote Originally Posted by eqipoize
    except to say that THIS weekend she Didn't have the best horse - In the Scoring Judges Opinions.
    That is exactly my point.

Karoline before you spout off at me read mbm's post SHE said it was a theory she was repeating from other people. I didn't summize that, she admitted it! god, eye roll, where are the emoticons here!

I guess you dont like to be treated the way you treat others.

Yes, rolling eyes emoticon indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoline
    I guess you dont like to be treated the way you treat others.

Yes, rolling eyes emoticon indeed.
    Karoline, why don't you do yourself a favour and ignore my posts like I mostly do yours. It would make your life a lot happier. Because all you do is bitch and moan about how I write things, my tone, blah, blah, blah. You never actually seem to engage in terms of what I write.