The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda
    Ugh, I dread thinking what's happening to those remaining 11 horses cuddlycowgirl has on her farm. NOT a pretty picture!
    How did CBER get the CBER horses back? I remember you thinking it was rather strange this particular person was taking in SO MANY horses...man were you right!

Quote Originally Posted by _Cherie_
    I am sorry to hear about Thumbelina/Fayth. Thought she was doing okay. I had enjoyed following her thread - it seemed like her adopter got alot of support on the board. Here is the thread (love google's cache) http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a
    Thanks for posting that, it seems like now the horse is OK and the kids are in danger. I am not a helmet wearer myself but no WAY would I put a baby on a horse without one!

I do notice that's not the thread (or it was deleted) where the vet allegedly recommended to discipline the mare with a broomstick.

Quote Originally Posted by StefffiC
    Ahhh Leisa... Is that the pot calling the kettle black? You have all of 8 posts...

Steph
    Awwww, thank you for noticing me....
    Yes, I have few posts as I would rather read and learn. I haven't been here long, but I didn't come in with an agenda, either

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by WatersEdge
    BTW: I am a current foster home for a CBER horse. I was banned from their BB due to my post here a few weeks ago. My post was just clarifying the truth, rather then sitting back and allowing a CBER volunteer to make incorrect statements in regards to a horse CBER allowed to nearly die.
    It blew me away that CBER would ban someone providing a FREE FOSTER home to one of "their" horses!

To make a quick correction to an error in Watersedge's post regarding her pleas to CBER being ignored. The horse in question now has an adoption application approved. Arrangements are being made to move her, and when finalized, someone will be in touch to get a mutually convenient place and time. If you want more info, pm me here, or, Millera, you have my email address as well.

Talking What's wrong with NY?

Leisa, all I needed to do (from my home in NY) was Google the womans CBER bb name, and lo and behold!
    I got an eyeful and then some!
    In fact, my eyes may never be the same!

So while I may not be in WA, nor a 'member of CBER' any longer, I do have a smidgen of insight. But don't take my word for it, Google her yourself!

And for the record, I was banned from the CBER bb for asking them about money collected for a euthenasia, then asking to see their 990, 1023, and other financial materials they are required, under the 501 "rules", to make available to anyone who asks. And for the record I STILL have not received that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisa
    Awwww, thank you for noticing me....
    Yes, I have few posts as I would rather read and learn. I haven't been here long, but I didn't come in with an agenda, either
    Really? Your MOST of your posts are about CBER. Shireluver hasn't posted about CBER until now. Pizazz has only posted on this thread. AngFreda has been around a good while.

More twisted truths?

Steph

I dont think her post is an ERROR.

you are jumping now because she gave you a timeline and she posted it here. Nice to cover your tracks, now we shall see next week if there really IS an approved adopter. Whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm EBO
    To make a quick correction to an error in Watersedge's post regarding her pleas to CBER being ignored. The horse in question now has an adoption application approved. Arrangements are being made to move her, and when finalized, someone will be in touch to get a mutually convenient place and time. If you want more info, pm me here, or, Millera, you have my email address as well.

May I request that all active CBERites stop posting on this thread. Both LDH and I will privately answer any real questions anyone has. This thread, which was very well meant, has done nothing except attract the stalkers who are determined to bring CBER down--not because we don't save horses (nearly 1000 so far)--but because they were not given the attention they believe they deserved on the CBER bb.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisa
    I find it sad that a thread that was started with a question about the CBER BB being down and how the horses need them has taken such a downward spiral.

I also find it suspicious that some of the most vocal CBER detractors are so new and so hostile. It also makes you wonder how someone from NY knows so much info about a place in Washington state... Some claim to know of so much neglect and yet they, themselves, have done nothing about it.

It reminds me of the grade school game where one person tells another person a story and they repeat it to their neighbor and so on until the story is either completely outrageous or missing most details but is nontheless always inaccurate.....
    Please just keep in mind, when the person called AC to report CCG, it was NOT a CBER administrator/volunteer. It was one of the recently banned members. Those that knew of the neglect, besides CBER, ARE the ones who did something about it.

Are you kidding? The attention they deserve? Wow you are a CBER volunteer, you represent them as an organization. WTG.

Where is Rio Ebo? You know Rio right? Where is he? Im asking.

Where is Mesa? What is being done about her? Do you even know?

I know, you will say..we are currently working on it and we dont want to hinder any investigation so we cant talk about it.

Who called the sheriff in Yamhill CO about Mandy Strothers? It wasnt anyone from CBER.

Attention, apparently CBER cant answer anything out in public. A true rescue would have blasted me for information regarding Thumbelina and Rio, yet you all focus on the "disgruntled banned members" who need "attention"

May I request that all active CBERites stop posting on this thread. Both LDH and I will privately answer any real questions anyone has. This thread, which was very well meant, has done nothing except attract the stalkers who are determined to bring CBER down--not because we don't save horses (nearly 1000 so far)--but because they were not given the attention they believe they deserved on the CBER bb.

Ebo, how many of those 1000+ can you personally account for?

Do you know that they are alive?

Do you know that they are healthy?

Do you know that they were not resold and went to slaughter anyway?

Do you even know where all of those horses are? CBER will not disclose that information. CBER will not even post a list of what horses are at each board member's house or post pictures of those horses. How often have people begged for pictures and updates on horses allegedly at Sam's house - Robin, Moonstruck, Amy, etc.? Does the President of CBER not possess a digital camera? As a former magazine editor, I'm pretty sure she can master the technology involved with posting pictures to a board so that the people whose money bailed out those horses can verify that they are safe and well.

Again, THE PEOPLE WHOSE MONEY BAILED OUT THOSE HORSES. That's why we have a right to ask. Legally, those "group adoption" horses belong to the group that adopted them - yet CBER refuses to be forthcoming with information to those owners and has also decreed that they, not the owners, get to choose where the horses are to reside.

Is it any wonder that after this incident, their choices are being questioned?

They didn't adopt them out with a legally binding contract. They have done poor or no follow up. They have had at least one taken from a foster home by another rescue because his condition was so poor.

Saved in the moment of time? Yes. But out of the frying pan, into the fire, is not rescued by most people's definition of the word.

FF--You know about bandwidth, right? Why are you wasting COTH's bandwidth on rhetorical questions? You also have my email address.

That's interesting EBO.

Seems odd that I have sent multiple requests to CBER and have not been notified that she now has an approved home. Wouldn't CBER like to keep the person who is HOUSING the horse informed?

I have CLEARLY given CBER a specific date to pick their horse up or pay daily care/board until she is picked up. Nothing, NADA, zilch has been communicated to me in regard to these requests. Why should I continue emailing and sending pm's? This is no longer my responsibility. I have made my requests clear & they have been ignored.

CBER will not get a date extension. If the horse stays past my requested removal date, daily care costs will be charged.

All of this has been made CLEAR to the CBER officials more then once.

How many has CBER enabled Chuck to send down the road to their deaths slaughterhouse by handing over hundreds of thousands of dollars to him?? Do the canners/no hopers not deserve attention or to be mentioned??
    Is it true Chuck came and had a great time at the CBER Barbeque?? Is it true that Chuck tells his fellow traders to bring their horses to him as "His girls can sell them for them?"

--not because we don't save horses (nearly 1000 so far)--but because they were not given the attention they believe they deserved on the CBER bb.

Why don't we answer the questions "everybody's" asking?

Erin has said that she doesn't want COTH used as a auxilliary forum for CBER. We who support CBER are trying very hard to keep participation on COTH at a minimum because of her direction. Clear enough?

Again: If you want to ask a real question about horses, CBER, ins & outs, please pm me or LDH. Those of you who have my email address are welcome to email me if you are not merely interested in public air time. Since I have no emails from my old pals, nor any pms, I have to assume that the interest in asking questions is not in order to get answers.

Show is over.

Doesn't matter if the question is in email, PM, or a BB post....If CBER wishes to hide or cover something up, it WILL NOT be answered.

Instead the person asking the VALID questions will be considered a non-supporter of CBER & banned from their BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizazz
    CBER is currently being investigated by PETA, The State Attorney Generals Office, the Dept of Agriculture and other state/government agencies for withholding information, shipping a horse with a 103 temp to California and lying on their Charity tax forms.
    Oh, you forgot a few:
    The IRS
    The FBI/FCC,
    The WA Secretary of State

And I am sure they are receiving CBERs full cooperation.

The truth, EBO, is that you should answer the questions here. I sent a few $$ to CBER and have a friend who "adopted" one of these horses, even after I was getting a weird vibe from their BB.

I thought it was odd that CBER had some rescue-like policies and yet didn't really act like one. I also had some concerns that if Chuck was making a good deal of $$ on these horses through CBERS advertising, that he'd simply buy more of them.

Now that there are these other instances, I think those who have contributed should get the full story, live and in person (ont he BB) from the Pres. or whoever is in authority over there. I do beleive the intentions were good, at least for most involved with CBER, but I think that it may have grown faster than they could handle and things got out of control.

HOWEVER, even if that is the case, hiding makes it appear that the intentions were not always good and that "something" is causing concern from outside orgs as well as former CBER supporters. If nothing is said, I think CBER (and thus the horses) will only lose.
    www.sandbarequinetransport.com

Proud member of the ILMD[FN]HP and Bull Snap Haters Cliques

So now you're the next new moderator of COTH?

I believe the COTH rule was no more soliciting for money for CBER. I don't believe all discussion of CBER was banned. Erin, please feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted your request.

And I still don't see any answers being posted. I just see you and lildunhorse ordering people to stop talking about the matter. Again, you do not have the power to censor the entire Internet. If you succeed in talking COTH into removing this discussion, it will just appear in 100 different places.