The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ah, but Ebo, we can't do that because we have been IP banned from discussing our concerns about CBER on their board. So what do you suggest? Either you stop banning people for asking questions (even if they are asked politely, people still get booted for asking), or you accept that the discussion is going to be taken elsewhere.

Private e-mail, lildunhorse? I begged CBER leadership, on private e-mail, for several days between June 21-June 23 to answer my questions. I got no response. I told them flat out that if they didn't call the sheriff, I would. I'm not the one who called, someone beat me to the punch, but they can't say they weren't given the opportunity to handle this appropriately themselves. I have all of the e-mails to prove this.

You may be able to control the CBER board, but you can't control the entire Internet. Want to sue me? Go for it. I would absolutely love to testify and make all of this public record. It's not libel if it's the truth, and I can prove it's the truth, no problem. I have piles of documentation.

I do apologize to COTH for this discussion but I didn't start it and I'm not going to simply let the CBER supporters continue to spread misinformation. COTH may of course, delete the whole thread if they so choose.

LDH-I don't remember being "asked" to leave. I remember being banned! There is quite a difference. Those of us that were banned, were only asking valid questions and the administrators don't want questions asked. They want money sent in over and over, while they continue to sell, yes sell, sick horses to people that may die on them within a week of getting them.

Has anyone been able to figure out why they let those horses starve for a month. I know one of the CBER administrators is paid, and has a truck and trailer bought by donations. Why didn't she drive her butt down and get them? Of course, I'll get an excuse like, we didn't want to tip her off, make her mad, blah, blah, blah!

As for the state vet and other agencies investigating CBER, I have seen the e-mails sent by the state vet. He IS looking into the lot. No reason to argue about it.

Guys - please. The important thing is to SAVE THE HORSES. All most of us on this board care about is if the money we send is being used appropriately - many of us don't live nearby and/or can't help out for other reasons, and we send money as we can, especially for those in dire need.

If a rescue has done something so innapropriate that its rescue status should be questioned, direct those of us who are interested to a legitimate source of information where we can assesss that for ourselves. But it's so hard to determine who's what, and it amkes me sick to think that horses in need are the ones who will suffer.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Good for you, shireluver.

Now, what has any of this got to do with why the BB was closed?

I invited anyone with questions to pm me. My inbox is empty. So, I'm guessing that this thread is being used as an oppotunity to air dirty laundry and nothing more.
    DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!! - God

Quote Originally Posted by Lildunhorse
    Good for you, shireluver.

Now, what has any of this got to do with why the BB was closed?

I invited anyone with questions to pm me. My inbox is empty. So, I'm guessing that this thread is being used as an oppotunity to air dirty laundry and nothing more.

Air dirty laundry? You said it not me

you represent a charitable organization which solicites money to save animals. How come none of the financials are listed on the website? I dont want to hear, email Wendy and ask. Because she never responds. Why isnt their a rescue adoption application where it says we take back animals if need be? like a good rescue should

I have countless statements from people who have adopted horses whom NEVER got a follow up. NEVER. Apparently Mandy Strothers didnt either, but a CBER member was boarding at her house and didnt report the neglect?

Call it what you will, go around and play the blame game. It all boils down to CBER and their lack of ethics, which more and more people are seeing for themselves. Blame the few that were 'banned". Any rescue group that was challenged would rise above and come out with facts.

All you guys do is call people names.

The truth is coming out. You cant hide any longer.

Here we go round the bush again. I love playing beat around the bush with CBER. It is sooooo hard to answer a question. Let's just avoid it.

Maybe CBER is in cahoots with another equine "business" from the thread with over 1000 posts.....
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

I have asked you to pm questions to either ebo or myself. I haven't called anyone names or been rude in any way.

The OP asked why the bb was closed. That question should be addressed to CBER itself, ebo or myself. My inbox is still empty.

Thanks.
    DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!! - God

What ever happened to Rio the chestnut foal that was adopted out? CBER did no follow up on that home and found out the lady was neglecting both Diamond and Rio.

Infact a DIFFERENT rescue group called the animal control and they ( rescue group ) took one of CBERs. Why didnt CBER call the AC? I know why, because they dont have a leg to stand on. Their paperwork isnt legal and wont stand up in a court setting, and they dont want to draw attention to this.

What about Thumbelina? I was told CBER was going to rescue her back from her adoptive family because she was being abused. The husband of this gal rode this emaciated horse that it buckled under his weight. what did CBER do?

nothing...the horse is still at this womans place because she got a lawyer and the lawyer told her CBERs paperwork wouldnt hold up anywhere as anything legal.

So where is Rio and Thumbelina now LDH? Can you answer that? probably not because you are a volunteer, not a board member, and they dont tell you everything.

I'm really not trying to add fuel to the fire here, but.....It seems to me that the more secretive folks are about something, the more others tend to believe that there's something shady going on.

As for why the CBER BB is closed down, well, I know why the first one was, and that's all I need/want to know. Jingles for the horses, because as others have stated, that IS truly all that matters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird!
    I'm really not trying to add fuel to the fire here, but.....It seems to me that the more secretive folks are about something, the more others tend to believe that there's something shady going on.
    Touche.

And I agree, please everybody, jingle for those horses, especially for the eleven non-CBER horses who are still on this woman's property.

Ugh, I dread thinking what's happening to those remaining 11 horses cuddlycowgirl has on her farm. NOT a pretty picture!

Quote Originally Posted by StefffiC
    Why not answer the questions publicly since so many are asking the same thing?
    Exactly.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Maybe for the same reason this went on ad nauseum in the other thread - peole don't want to answer questions when they are in the wrong and know there will be backlash.
    Or maybe the person does not have the answer and can send you to someone who does.
    Either way, it does make one suspicious when you cannot get an answer.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

I find it sad that a thread that was started with a question about the CBER BB being down and how the horses need them has taken such a downward spiral.

I also find it suspicious that some of the most vocal CBER detractors are so new and so hostile. It also makes you wonder how someone from NY knows so much info about a place in Washington state... Some claim to know of so much neglect and yet they, themselves, have done nothing about it.

It reminds me of the grade school game where one person tells another person a story and they repeat it to their neighbor and so on until the story is either completely outrageous or missing most details but is nontheless always inaccurate.....

_Cherie_ Guest

I am sorry to hear about Thumbelina/Fayth. Thought she was doing okay. I had enjoyed following her thread - it seemed like her adopter got alot of support on the board. Here is the thread (love google's cache) http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

One concern with the BB being down is that the many folks who are fostering and have adopted do not have access to member's support. Some folks started a CBER support group, here is the thread http://cbertalk.proboards39.com/inde...2230694&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird!
    You are right on the money, Freebird.

Don't dare try and tell prospective money donators the facts & truth about a situation CBER wishes to hide. This organization has a good purpose, but it is not being run by honest individuals.

BTW: I am a current foster home for a CBER horse. I was banned from their BB due to my post here a few weeks ago. My post was just clarifying the truth, rather then sitting back and allowing a CBER volunteer to make incorrect statements in regards to a horse CBER allowed to nearly die.

I have since requested the CBER foster in my care be removed. My multiple requests have been completely ignored by CBER.

This proves CBER does not give a darn about their horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lildunhorse
    This thread has nothing to do with the original post, which is about the closure of the BB.
    Any questions regarding closure of the bulletin board may be directed to CBER using the email address on the website.
    Please refrain from posts that do not address the OP question.
    We have a new moderator here???

Ahhh Leisa... Is that the pot calling the kettle black? You have all of 8 posts...

Why not just stand up and defend itself? I've never been involved in CBER, but had considered giving money, but strongly disliked the attitude they presented.

Steph

Are you a CBER volunteer? What is innacurate here? Nothing. I live in WA and have been to Sams and the feedlot. why are you focusing in on Angfreda? She posted 2x in this thread and it wasnt slamming anyone.

Yes I feel for the horses, but CBER needs to be held accountable for their actions. Shipping sick horses, taking payments 2x on a single horse, offering to finally reimburse someone ( which she still hasnt gotten ) thru the euthanasia fund is a big question in itself.

And yes I have done something about the neglect. Im helping 2 CBER adopters with their horses. Because CBER wont return calls or emails. Who pays for that? Me. When I should be sending them a bill.

You can downplay it all you want. CBERs fault this all came to head. They are the ones to blame for the horses. Chuck ships to florence packing with and without CBER. hes a horse trader. So is CBER.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisa
    I find it sad that a thread that was started with a question about the CBER BB being down and how the horses need them has taken such a downward spiral.

I also find it suspicious that some of the most vocal CBER detractors are so new and so hostile. It also makes you wonder how someone from NY knows so much info about a place in Washington state... Some claim to know of so much neglect and yet they, themselves, have done nothing about it.

It reminds me of the grade school game where one person tells another person a story and they repeat it to their neighbor and so on until the story is either completely outrageous or missing most details but is nontheless always inaccurate.....