The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I am just so moved.

Count me in for $100 on the start-up costs. And I love the model you suggest, Spookhorse.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Oh, the "rasta" fly bonnet, that had slipped my mind! I love the idea of Willem with a mini silver curb chain bracelet around his neck.

And, Pat, don't let the thought of Willem make you sad. He was a horse who did everything with gusto, and he is, you can bet, now at the Rainbow Bridge enjoying himself immensely. Smile, when you think of him. Let him pass some of his joy to you.
    Last edited by Louise; Jun. 23, 2006 at 02:53 PM.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    Oh, and I personally wouldn't mind the Weanling, but it is very, very QH'y which might not appeal to the whole board. She does have the most precious face.
    This one appeals to me! Looks like a "Willem" face.

While pretty, the Palouse mold doesn't do anything for me. IMO he needs to be standing regally, awaiting his next karroten.

Quote Originally Posted by SBT
    This one appeals to me! Looks like a "Willem" face.

While pretty, the Palouse mold doesn't do anything for me. IMO he needs to be standing regally, awaiting his next karroten.
    Ah, but it's a foal and Willem was not known to even Coreene as a foal so it doesn't fit IMO

Other Options here, but I don't think they would fit as well as the Palouse:

Stone Thoroughbred: http://www.stonehorseref.com/HorsePics/1049_01.jpg

Stone Ideal Stockhorse: http://www.stonehorseref.com/HorsePics/0195_02.jpg

Stone Pebbles Warmblood (I personally hate the Pebbles molds though and they would be much smaller)
    http://www.stonehorseref.com/HorsePics/1850_02.jpg
    ~ Shannon ~
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.” ― Anna Sewell, Black Beauty

Agree with SBT about the Weanling face having the most expression of all the models ... especially, it looks like, in the bay pinto version.

I also like the Thoroughbred version, especially "Awesome Alec" in chestnut! I imagine Willem ambling over to receive his karotten dues.

Yes ... the tears are always good ones accompanied by smiles.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Count me in! I want one, whatever it may be.

I love the Willem idea, and I love the "jingle" idea as well.

I vote for Willem. I'm in tears now after seeing his pic for the first time.
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

I vote for Willem as well. A Willem model would be enough to bring me out of model collecting retirement.

Default Willem, then?

Coreene should get the final choice on the mold (assuming it's one we can use). I do lean towards the TB. The face has a lot of character. There are reasonably nice head shots of him in a hackamore on my webshots. I don't have anything against the Palouse, tho.

I'll try to take a better shot of "Primer Boy" (my TB) and put it on my webshots. It's easier to be objective about a mold if you look at it in primer. But it's white primer, so I generally get too much glare off him.

He's Primer Boy until I have the cash to have him gently remade and painted to look like my Lucky, who I put to sleep 2 years ago in February. He's munchin karroten with Willem right now.

Well, I'm a sobby mess now.

You can count me in. I love the idea of Willem and I think of the molds shown, I like the TB one best, it just seems to have more of a presence that the others.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Willem was a fat boy. The TB is a nice model, but there was no time, even in the womb, that he was that small. I like the Paulouse one the best, but otherwise the stock horse (but they'd need to do the mane much shorter - is that possible?). The WB otherwise, but just bear in mind that it's much thinner than the fatty he was.

I can't tell Oliver. He is already insanely jealous about Merry's book. And his friend at the barn, Ted, belongs to Horse Illustrated's new editor and he appears in the magazine AND in books. I shall have to bring him a giant bag of karroten when it happens.

This is just so surreal. In a really good way. I'm totally verklempt. Here are some more pix - see, I told you he was a fatty (gets that from his mom).

PS: Copper, in the center photo (with fly mask) is now 33 and still truckin'!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my other favorite.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	11377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	senior feed.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	11378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willem and monty.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	11379  
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Ah, here is a picture of Palouse faces:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spookh...4a.jpg&.src=ph
    ~ Shannon ~
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.” ― Anna Sewell, Black Beauty

It HAS to be Willem. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread!

What about the Ideal Stock Horse with a pulled mane (I think they can do that one)?

If they can do a short mane on the stock horse, that one would be good as well.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

The Internet is an an amazing place, and the BBs are one specific part of the Internet that ...just provide an enormous range of the drama of life.

When I think of COTH BB, I always remember that year 'we' voted to have Willem the COTH BB Horse of the Year -- and COTH graciously ran a photo and story in the magazine.

In his lovableness, his cantankerousness, his outrageousness, and of course his gorgeousness (David Lee Roth only chestnut) I vote for Willem.

I will buy one and if any of my lotttery tickets get me more than another ticket--I will contribute to the original mold fund.

I cannot think of any other horse that has made me laugh, cry, think about profound matters, and recognize the joy of life more than Willem.

Oh Canyonoak.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

oooh i like this horse pat with all his gear

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...86574413qiRibX

I also vote fo willem and will purchase one for my daughter and I to share
    Qualified Saddle Fitter with the S.M.S.
    www.ravenwoodaussies.com

pat i can give you some monies towards it but hs to be thorugh my paypal a .c

can do tit next week

Okay, I'm not big on the Stone models but I would get a Willem. But I think he should still have a fruitbat brand.

I've been surfing through the Stone Refrence site, and found a few of the ISH with short mane long tail in chestnut. Obviously we'd have Willem's markings and the fruitbat to make ours a "unique" model.

here's a few I found to give ya'll an idea...

http://www.stonehorseref.com/Horseinfo.aspx?HorseID=160

http://www.stonehorseref.com/Horseinfo.aspx?HorseID=463

Whad'ya think?
    - Therese

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams