The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I like the Willem idea! And the proceeds could go to Cushings Research!

Or a "Jingles" horse with pulled mane and curb chain!

Or a CLOTH Troll Gypsy Vanner horse complete with golden manure accessories and ass-whacked cacti add-on! That would awesome!

Great idea - especially to benefit a horse rescue organization!

But possibly bad news on using "Jingles" - Breyer has already put out a model of "Jingles - Pegasus Therapeutic Riding horse".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...85644?v=glance

I don't know if there are infringement issues with this, but it ought to be investigated.
    middle-aged, chunky, and non-competitive

I love the idea Pat - I vote for the Jingles idea - I'm sure there's a way around the copyright issue with Breyer if we make it different enough - maybe make Jingle part of a longer name?

I think Jingles should be a pony - the kind of cute little pony we all either had or drooled over as kids (or adults) - because that's kind of how I see the idea of Jingles - like a companion to your horse, the way ponies at a racetrack are... Thoughts?
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

Both Breyer and Stone companies have made models of the same real horses (IE Bright Zip and Silky Keno) so I don't think that simply using the same name would be a problem.

Stone has had a "Jingle Bell Rock" they haven't had a Jingles or Jingle named horse.

I am a model horse finish artist (I paint them but don't sculpt them) so I would be able to do the prototype if ya'll like

We probably could put up a poll to vote on whether to do Willem or do some other breed/pattern/color/sex/etc. I'll put up links to the various models that Stone has shortly
    ~ Shannon Hayden ~

My vote would be to cast a pony-sized Gypsy Vanner (magickal, naturally) outfitted properly for White Trash Dressage with an optional kholrabi stick tossed in for good measure. Model of ParelliKing would be a possible add-on.

You can get ideas here of what Stone has produced on the various molds:

http://www.modelhorsegallery.info/S/...HCs_Stone.html

It sounds as though 1/10th scale (about Breyer Traditional) and Pebbles scales (about Breyer Littlebit/Paddock Pal size) are the ones which we could use for this Special Run.
    ~ Shannon Hayden ~

"jingle of the curb chain" or "Good Luck Jingles"?

How about it has a fruit bat silhouette on it somewhere?

OK, I really gotta go to the feed store before the plumber shows up here.

OK, so the $700 Pony is a no -go, is ok.

The only reason I hadn't suggested Willem is because when I actually did think of it, I started to cry. I don't want a horse in the cabinet that I cry over each time I walk in the room. Sorry.

I like Jingles. Since the Jingles horse from Breyer is a real horse, and a contest winner, I have to wonder if the name is copyrighted or not. I'll look into that as well. Since this horse will not look like "thier" horse, I hope it will be OK.

Start thinking about colors. And if we want a pinto. They've made some really lovely pinto patterns lately.

NO FREEKING Gypsy horses, or I'll shut this down right now.

Go check the Stone Web site to see what the body types are. It seems we can only use the 1/10 (traditional) scale and the Pebbles scale. Pebbles are fairly small, so keep that in mind. www.stonehorses.com

For our purposes, keeping in mind that the crowd here is mainly the H/J/Dressage/essentially sport horse type sort, I suggest:
    the Walking Thoroughbred (there are primer photos of him in my webshots)
    the Pony, (a Kiss Me Not verison is on my webshots) I like the braided version better myself. Her face is exquisite for a plastic model
    the Palouse (he is a bit strung out, but I do like him)
    the Performance horse (ok he's on the forehand, but I like his face)
    Or the Ideal Stock Horse, short mane/long tail version. (i feel he's been over done)

(my webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/opengatefarm )
    Those are the bigger ones.

In Pebbles scale, the Warmblood or the cantering Stock Horse. The stock horse is cute and a tad 'generic'.

Oh, and I personally wouldn't mind the Weanling, but it is very, very QH'y which might not appeal to the whole board. She does have the most precious face.

Somehow I think we should avoid the rest, the drafts, the TWH, the Morgan and the jumping horse. I *like* the jumper, but the position is flawed and not every one here jumps!

And lastly before I check out, when looking at the paint jobs on the Stone Website, understand that some (Artisan's Hall) are very special and extrememly expensive, having been painted by guest artists. The fancier it gets, the price goes up.

Default I AM CRYING

But they are GOOD tears.

I, too, vote for Willem.

But if $ is going somewhere, then my vote is that it should go to rescuing horses which might instead wind up on a dinner plate. Or those who come to rescues in tatters. Because Willem, too, was close to suffering the Dinner Plate Fate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willem and lt.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	11373  
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Land of cold, snow, & bugs, AKA Minnie Soda

I kinda have my heart set on a WTD model. It could have mismatched wraps held on with DT, blinged out bridle held together with baling twine, stains all over it, a throw rug as a saddle pad, and a poor excuse of a saddle. To make it complete, the bridle can have a tiny bicycle horn attached to the crown piece to be used to warn others of its impending arrival.

But, I like the Willem idea too.
    Co-founder of White Trash Dressage (WTD)
    http://www.lulu.com/mavw1971
    also available on Amazon.com
    http://www.cafepress.com/wtdressage

lol nevermind!
    Last edited by equusrocks; Jun. 26, 2006 at 11:31 PM.
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

Frankly, I would buy a Willem, Jingles or WTD (though not everyone is a Dressage rider) horse, as long as a % of the proceeds went to a charity. In fact, if we got this up by Xmas, I'd buy them for my horsey friends and family in lieu of presents. You know, instead of my usual homemade card declaring "I donated $ in your name to..." However, I am partial to a fruitbat on the ole rump and a curb chain. Someone was making silver/gold plated curb chain bracelets right? Maybe I'd get one of those and slip it over the COTH horses' neck. Instead of Run for the Roses, we'd have ....OH if the horse was trotting, we could have Posting for Jingles! No?
    the things that i had not ought to
    i do because i ve gotto
    wotthehell wotthehell

My vote is for Willem. His stories are all in the archives now but are the essence of COTH, tears and all. To come with a curb chain around the neck and a fruitbat silhouette brand. Coreene to select size and pose(s) for a vote, the model might be titled "Jingles from COTH".

I think this is a lovely idea, especially with a % to fund an equine charity.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

I so want to see pictures of Willem- I had to read everything in the archives since the wonderful old man passed before I found COTH... Coreene, can you direct me???

~ Shannon Hayden ~

Here is a selection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COVER[1].jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	11374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willem obit in COTH.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	11375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rastaears.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	11376  
    EDDIE WOULD GO

oi-- who set the ideas going in your head pat ----- haha

whatever you tell me what you want and i put up the pennies

otherwise you thump me for not taking part -- and i will slap you back -- haha

go pat go girl -- come on ladies and gents all for a good cuase--

can nick name it erin--- whoops -- as its her board

so come and get your erin ponies -- welham ponies coth ponies

how i doing --- crap i know iam jsut crap --

nah welahm sounds good to me -- gotta have something people want to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene
    Here is a selection.
    Thank you Coreene- what a handsome fellow!

I humbly submit Willem done on Stone's Palouse mold (I think you can get it as a gelding) and the proceeds to Cushings research or if there is still something in Willem's name for it.... I think that Willem embodied the helpful, yet fun, spirit that we can find on this board in abundance (when people are playing nice like they should be )

Stone's Palouse: http://www.stonehorseref.com/HorsePics/0953_01.jpg
    ~ Shannon Hayden ~

Thumbs up

Another vote for Willem!

IMO, he should come with a sterling silver, mini curb chain bracelet around his neck. That way, you can let Willem be in charge of "jingling" when you pick him up, or you can wear the bracelet and do the jingling yourself. You could add charms to the CC Bracelet as you see fit, either to represent your "cliques" or just personalize.

I think Willem would approve, since he "loffed fringe und SILVER und cha-cha colors."

Default another vote for Willem here ...

and H-P ... you can always make little miniature white trash accessories for everyone, including maybe a jingle curb?

I would definitely pitch in for the setup costs, too.

I'm not particular about where proceeds go ... happy to go along with everyone else's responsible choice

Btw ... Willem's photos always make me smile
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Coreene, when I looked at Willem's pictures... I started to cry. Maybe we need a Willem with wings.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues