The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Since many do not know of the willem stories, would it be possible to include a little booklet with the model of all the "original" posts from Willem, in order? Ending with greetings from von rainbow bridge? I think that would be cute, to read willem's posts in a little booklet while having your own mini willem on the shelf!

I know some model horses include little booklets with info about the "real" horse, and I think to many of us Willem's stories define him more than anything about his breeding ever could!

I'd be happy to donate the time and design for a booklet, and perhaps the printing and folding for some, if people felt this was something that would be a worthwhile "pack in" with the model.

Okay, maybe by saying "twisting words" I was a tad off. Finding the right words is hard sometimes. But certainly, condemning a board for something your very own board does is rather silly (i.e. the VSH thread, which is certainly no better than the Blab thread).

But... bygones are bygones. Even though I'm not a dressage/hunter/jumper/eventer/English person, I'm always looking for a board to get my "horse" fix on, and other than our little "speedbump" I will admit I enjoy this place.

We all have our snarky, holier-than-thou moments, but at the end of the day, we're all horse lovers here. We should keep that in mind.

I don't know the story of Willem, and I keep getting distracted by new threads to search for them, but I think everyone's heart is in the right place.

great idea a little booklet to go with horse-- that makes it even more worhtwhile and also gains knowledge for people
    like tht charities -- we going to use --

and when we have decided on what charatity
    then we must say why that charity was chosen
    and echance the work that they doing
    to promote more funding for that said chairty
    even if we dont sponsor that charity for the following horse
    what we must do is make people aware and educate them
    at the time of donation

I'd love ot have a Willem model!

Keep us posted!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Quote Originally Posted by laurencsi03
    Since many do not know of the willem stories, would it be possible to include a little booklet with the model of all the "original" posts from Willem, in order? Ending with greetings from von rainbow bridge? I think that would be cute, to read willem's posts in a little booklet while having your own mini willem on the shelf!

I know some model horses include little booklets with info about the "real" horse, and I think to many of us Willem's stories define him more than anything about his breeding ever could!

I'd be happy to donate the time and design for a booklet, and perhaps the printing and folding for some, if people felt this was something that would be a worthwhile "pack in" with the model.
    Oh, great idea! Would be fun & educational -- and answer the "who's Willem?" questions from buyers.

Pat, any progress in dealing with the Stone Co.?
    Lynn Yates
    lynn.bluemoon@gmail.com
    Get a "rasta" fly bonnet for your COTH SR Willem model:
    http://bluemoon.net78.net/willembonnet.html

I'm sorry for being so ignorant - but - who is Willem and why is (was?) this a special horse?

You guys could start here to read about Willem. This was one of his first posts on COTH:

http://praha.planetsg.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=24326

To read the rest, go to the "Favorites" forum and look them up.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Took some pictures of my new Equine Collection Jumping Horse model ( been waiting for months for this one) & tried out the prototype rasta fly bonnet on her -- looks pretty cool!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...itejumper6.jpg
    Lynn Yates
    lynn.bluemoon@gmail.com
    Get a "rasta" fly bonnet for your COTH SR Willem model:
    http://bluemoon.net78.net/willembonnet.html

I just found this thread, but I too would be interested in a model horse of Willem. I never did the Breyer thing but I would certainly love one of Willem to put on my desk!

Quote Originally Posted by nezumi
    Took some pictures of my new Equine Collection Jumping Horse model ( been waiting for months for this one) & tried out the prototype rasta fly bonnet on her -- looks pretty cool!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...itejumper6.jpg
    How cute It looks great!

And let me be the first in line if you ever figure how to make them in real horse scale! I *need* one for Belle

Default Willem passed three years ago this Wednesday, July 12

It has flown by! It seems like forever since I have seen him, and sometimes it seems like yesterday. Good old Willem. I told his vet, who is Oliver's vet as well, about the model, and I will of course be buying one for their office (and several for me, plus for his trainer, my niece, some friends, etc.).

I am sure that he would be honored to know that he was still loved. I was talking to Canyonoak a few weeks ago, and she said, "Did you ever have any idea that Willem would turn into this?" And I laughed and said, "No, it was one post 'he' did about Christmas carrots. Who knew?"

Someone asked, a few pages back, what an address was for Cushings research. When Willem passed, some dear BBers kindly made donations in his name to UC Davis. Here is the link to the form that can be printed out and mailed in:

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/Gifts/...e/giftform.cfm

Here in the link to online donations:

https://wot.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/E_Gifts/gift_form.cfm

But, as I said in the beginning, I am not bothered where donations go to. There are horses in need which could use funds right away, and there is always a need with research as well. I have also attached Willem's obit from COTH, which mentions the Davis research.

The rasta earnet is perfect! I'll have to send a photo to my uncle in Holland; it was the store in Bussum, where he lives, that I got the earnet. Willem always hated it, most probably because we laughed hysterically when we first put it on him. I am so glad that our beloved, sadly departed, BBer Dublin took the photo of him wearing it.

As an aside, last Wednesday I went with a friend down to San Marcos to take her horse to the hospital for what fortunately turned out not to be surgery. We were given the grand tour by Mark Martinelli, DVM, and were fortunate enough to be able to pepper him with questions about everything, while enjoying the air conditioned room that housed the amazing leg MRI machine. And of course we got onto founder and Cushings, and he said that over 90% of all founders are metabolic. Just wanted to share.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willem obit in COTH.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	11753  
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Default Coreene, Thanks for sharing.

All of us have enjoyed Willem so much, even those of us who never knew him until he was gone. He is the one who brought me your friendship and introduced me to this bb. By continuing to share him you have helped innumerable others and we appreciate it.

I, for one, would like to donate the first Willem model to Coreene.

Coreene, I loff you muchly!
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Quote Originally Posted by Chester's Mom
    All of us have enjoyed Willem so much, even those of us who never knew him until he was gone. He is the one who brought me your friendship and introduced me to this bb. By continuing to share him you have helped innumerable others and we appreciate it.

I, for one, would like to donate the first Willem model to Coreene.

Coreene, I loff you muchly!
    Am now completely verklempt. Thank you. You are a darling and I am so glad that he brought our friendship! And friendship with Chester as well (whose portrait still hangs in our tack locker ). Loff you too!

And, as an aside, Chester's Mom, thank YOU for all you have done for horse rescue. You da best!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Willem's posts are what what got me hooked on this board. What wonderful threads. I still tear up when I think of Willem.

Coreene, sending you cyber hugs a few days early...I'm sure many of us will be thinking of you at this time.
    Last edited by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"; Jul. 10, 2006 at 06:52 PM.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
    Willem's posts what what got me hooked on this board. What wonderful threads. I still tear up when I think of Willem.

Coreene, sending you cyber hugs a few days early...I'm sure many of us will be thinking of you at this time.
    Thank you, but I do not let it get me down. So many great things and wonderful people have come into my life from having had that wonderful horse. I am fortunate to be able to say "Willem was my horse."
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene
    So many great things and wonderful people have come into my life from having had that wonderful horse. I am fortunate to be able to say "Willem was my horse."
    Yes, you were very fortunate when he chose you. May we all be so blessed. I have also been blessed this way.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

I can't make it through all of this - how do I sign up??? I am so bad about checking Off Course!!!

Willem? the most brilliant horse that ever lived!!! a petite Willem can adorn any spot in the house and be such an inspiration -

Feng Shui I am sure

2Dogs, no sign up yet. Pat is still working out details with manufactuer. When all is said and done, there will be a web-page from which you can down load a pdf order form. So. Hang on!

Bumping this one up!