The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm
    CAn't wait for a trail ride closer to me in the fall!
    And my husband's mother was a yankee and raised them to call anything carbonated in a can "soda". My daughter and I STILL give him grief when he asks for a soda, case we call 'em all cokes. He's had to learn the lingo - "fixin" means "ready", as in fixin to ride, and hei favorite was when I told him I had to eat some candy cause I was having a "sinkin spell". He was clueless.
    Deep south....GA?
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08

Thought I would update you guys that if there is a fall trail ride in my area, it will not be on land owned by the BOs that own the farm where my horse is. I'm moving him due to I will not take abuse of animals even if they aren't mine. Maude, the neglect case owned by the BOs, I found last night being drug by the hotwalker in 102 degree heat with a slipknot around her neck. I was cussed out for taking her off the hotwalker, untieing that knot around her throat, and putting her in her stall behind a fan. I was told by the drunk BO that it's HIS horse, and I have no right nor business to have stepped in. He wanted the two boys that he watches for another family to ride her. I explained there are plenty of other horses for the boys to ride, he claimed they wanted to ride this one (as they screamed with fear looking at her, and said she was bony and ugly). They didn't even want to pet her for God's sake. To spite me, the BO put her right back onto the hotwalker. I hosed her off when they were finished and gave her a very soupy meal once she cooled off. I can take stupidity. There's an overabundance of that in my area. But I do NOT tolerate garbage like this, and not only will I not consider people like this to be my friends anymore, I also consider them to be completely out of my orbit. I have to. I can't help that mare anymore. So, with all this said, I will NOT be asking the BO about a trail ride this fall. I won't even be speaking to them. I'm sure you guys will understand.

I will however, keep you guys updated if a trail ride will be anywhere else, since other folks have property and the lady I know that wants to do this for St. Judes has wanted to do this for some time. I'll be speaking with her very soon, it may even be where my horse goes. I'm looking to move him within the next week.

Just wanted to give you guys an update.
    5/5/84-7/12/08

Oh App. I'm sooooo sorry for that mare Here you've bent over backwards for her/them and then this jerk pulls a stunt like that. I hereby invoke against the ijit the COTH Violent/Explosive Diarrhea Curse and a case of prickly heat to boot.

Sure hope you can find a good barn to move your boy to. Jingles for that!!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare
    Oh App. I'm sooooo sorry for that mare Here you've bent over backwards for her/them and then this jerk pulls a stunt like that. I hereby invoke against the ijit the COTH Violent/Explosive Diarrhea Curse and a case of prickly heat to boot.

Sure hope you can find a good barn to move your boy to. Jingles for that!!!!
    Update: I just moved him. He's at the feed mill (pasture beside it). He's terrified of the goats currently.

Now off to tell the BO I've moved. No, I didn't give her notice, other than last night when I told her to do something with that drunk she's married to or my horse was leaving that night.

I hate turning my back on those horses, because I know they won't be taken care of. I hate it, but I can't save them under these conditions. Thanks Chocomare, I fully believe that what goes around, comes around.
    5/5/84-7/12/08