The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Also, for those who haven't join the Ga/Southern Clique - you can do so by clicking on the link in my signature, :-)

Unfortunately I'm going to be in San Francisco on the 8th. Bummer, I want to go

Ya know, work really interferes with the life I'd like to lead. Oh well, furry mouths to feed and vet bills to pay, I guess I have to go.

Aaaaw.... that's to bad Taragon. Isn't it a bummer when work gets in the way of your hobby?

I GET TO GO!! I GET TO GO!!! Relocated TX Jumper-if you meet me in Cartersville, we can ride together and it will not be so bad on gas for you. Let me know if you want to go. Anyone that wants to ride with me and WalkNGal88, pm me and we can make arrangements!!! What time are we going to meet?
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

YAY!!!

Ginger, PM me with WalkNGal88's real name for the name tags

Hey, see if you can get DakotaWyatt to come too!!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Aww, thanks! I may be able to swing it! My in-laws are 10 minutes from the Joe's in D'ville. I get finished teaching at 1:30, but maybe can combine a few kidlets! Are non-COTHY husbands and sons allowed to attend? I have one of each! Come on Relo, make a day of it!

Great DW!

Hmmmm, hadn't thought about the DH, SO, BF thing but I'll leave it up to the majority vote. Do you all want to open it up to include "guests" or keep it just us COTH'ers this time?

Lemme know!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

My son is a trip! He's the social butterfly of the family. I'm open to whatever the majority vote is, but I vote the more the merrier!

My hubby wouldn't come near us I might be able to bring kid #2 along if the boychild needs company. She's 13 and pretty good with little people and kids her own age. She's really the reason I'll be in town that weekend, as she's heading up to camp at Zion Farms on Sunday

My DH's comment, "You've got to kidding." He'll stay home and watch a Tivo'd car race or some repeat of Bonanza.

Hey.....Maybe for our next get together we can have a grill out pool party at my [parents] house.....

I'll get everyones opinions on this over on the Ga. COTH List

Quote Originally Posted by tnscvaga
    My DH's comment, "You've got to kidding." He'll stay home and watch a Tivo'd car race or some repeat of Bonanza.

Mr. C'mare was, at first, a little disappointed that I didn't invite him. But then he's mind started to build the mental picture:

~~~horse-crazy women~~~ ~~~a whole group of horse-crazy women~~~ ~~~all COTH-a-holics~~~ ~~~drinking, eating~~~ ~~~talking about horses, horses, horses~~~

He shook his head and said "Nope....think I'll call my buddy John Mac and see what he's doing that day....but you all have fun."

I don't think the SO would come...horse women, talking shows...horses, drinking, wining (whining

son would come if there were some "girls" around...he's 16..lol...good for about 2 hours of girl pursuit then it's back to "what is the ram in your 'puter and what kind of video card do you have??, want to make a game? play Halo on the net? stuff....

a real "geeks geek but the girls seem to like him"...lol..

so whatever y'all want to do is fine with me...

Sidepasser

Quote Originally Posted by sidepasser
    I don't think the SO would come...horse women, talking shows...horses, drinking, wining (whining

son would come if there were some "girls" around...he's 16..lol...good for about 2 hours of girl pursuit then it's back to "what is the ram in your 'puter and what kind of video card do you have??, want to make a game? play Halo on the net? stuff....

a real "geeks geek but the girls seem to like him"...lol..

so whatever y'all want to do is fine with me...

Sidepasser
    You could tell him that a girl close to his age will be there. WalkNGal 88 is 18 (she is the blonde on the black padded horse on my profile and in the red dress in the prom pictures.)
    of course, we don't have to tell him she has a boyfriend, and maybe she will forget that detail.....

Editted: she is the blonde in shorts on the black padded horse. I forgot Jennifer (15) is on Copy in that album too....She may or may not be with us that weekend....
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

I really dont think I can swing it. After the lesson I would have to come back north to get home, dump my tack, shower, and then hit the road again.

Not to mention the Vertigo which makes me car sick if I dont drive.

I also think I am supposed to be going to the "Street of Dreams" with the SO to "get ideas" for his business. Believe me, I would much rather go with you guys than walk around with his Mother telling me how crappy everything I like is.

Let me see if I can move that to Sunday or something....wait...its not THIS Saturday is it?! Ack...no, I havent been drinking.

Ok, lemme see if Seahorse wants to go, shes sans internet right now, if so, I maybe I can shower and such at her place on the way down.

Dont count me out yet.....
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Shoot, you don't have to be clean for us! Remember we like people who smell like sweaty horses Heck, we are people who smell like sweaty horses

I'll remember that as everyone starts to s-l-o-w-l--y move away from me at the table!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

I'm a little late to catch up, but I've been out of the country.

I live in Dunwoody/North of Atlanta - right outside the Perimeter, so I can car pool with someone up in that area (Sandy Springs, Roswell, Alpharetta etc). You can PM or email me if you're interested! I have a Ford Explorer Sport and can fit 4 (3 comfortably) including me.

Looking forward to meeting all of you guys!

Hey y'all! Back on the internet...
    Relo, aren't you being a BIT presumptious about taking a shower at my place, LOL! You'd probably come out covered in more animal hair than when you went in...but you're really welcome to anyway!

BTW, I am horseless no more (kinda)! A fellow COTHer just retired her dsg horse from competition and wanted someone to give him TLC, etc...we met, and voila! He is a BEAUTIFUL appy (yes, Choco, an appy!) - and a stunning blanket on his cute butt! I am sooooo lucky to have found him & his Mom...I really missed the one-on-one bonding since Gambit had to be put down. Spotty-Boy, as I call him (unique, huh?) is such a love bug and has a great personality!

Ivanator - I'm in SSprgs/Dun, too, but, like relo, I get sick if I don't drive, so you're welcome to ride shotgun with me!

Sooooo, glad to have you back SHF my dear

And just how fabulous is it that you have an Appy of your own (sorta ) to loff on. I do miss my girl.

Be sure to bring lotsa pictures of Spot!