The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

For all those who are attending, please PM me so I can get your real name in preparation for name tags. I already know Freebird, Mels, Ivanator, Debbie and Sidepassr's real names.

I'll then share the info with BeastieSlave if she's able to do the T-shirt deal.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Yeah, I'm just Mels. Or Mel. Or my real name is Melissa.

I wasn't creative enough to come up with something cool for a username.

Be sure to take pics to post after the event for the rest of us! Sounds like it will be fun!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Sorry guys, the drive is just going to way to long from up here in Ellijay, with gas prices.

Maybe next time, take plenty of pictures!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Can't wait guys! Also, if anyone has any feedback about the possible trail ride in the fall, PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by sidepasser
    wanna ride with me in a very tiny convertible??? lol...you would be "on the way" from where I am..

Let me know so I can get directions!!
    I'd love too, but my nasty driveway would very likely destroy the undercarriage of your very tiny convertible. Honestly who puts money into driveways when you need is a new horse! I'm not exagerating, if I'm not careful my Honda scrapes in a couple of spots. Maybe we can meet at Taragon's, she's very close to me and the three of could ride together in my Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by tarragon
    I don't have my July schedule yet, but if I'm able to go, you can ride with me, tnscvaga, since you do live right around the corner from me

BTW, did you bring your mare and foal home yet?
    When will you find out what your schedule will be for July?

Hiedi and Harry are staying at Mary's until weaning. She'll come home then and Harry will stay at Mary's through the winter. I want him to have a stall and a buddy his size.

Evening bump!

Come on LMH, JustMyStyle and you other north GA folks. We want to see you!!!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Is anyone interested in a North Carolina gathering? Like a bit west of Charlotte, NC??

Steph

OK. I ran the directions on mapquest. It's a hair over an hour for me. I would consider going, but I need a carpool partner. Let's see who else checks in.

JMS: Well if Gnalli can come, maybe you could go to her (Cartersville area), then the two of you could come down to me and I'd drive the rest of the way. We can get real creative when need be!

Can't have this on Page 3. Someone may miss their invitation!

Sorry, going to this would mean giving up one of my few days to see my horse since she is the opposite direction (and any of you who know my mare know she takes it quite personally when I don't show up ), so I will have to pass. Have fun!

If I can drive 2 1/2 hours one way...on student loans...then most of you can do it. Enough punking now, sign up!!!!!

Shoot my driveway is almost a mile of bumps and gravel, lol....and little eclipse gets the job done...and saves me a ton on gas...who can pave the drive when one is converting half of the barn into a house???? and don't even ask how much that is costing!!

come on folks, its isn't that far....from most places!!! and perhaps this could become a round robin event for those that are farther away...i.e. Ellijay, way, way down south....those folks could organize a little get together of the folks closer to them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Appassionato
    If I can drive 2 1/2 hours one way...on student loans...then most of you can do it. Enough punking now, sign up!!!!!
    In the words of that great philosopher, Spanky (Little Rascals): That's tellin' 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare
    In the words of that great philosopher, Spanky (Little Rascals): That's tellin' 'em.

Thanks Chocomare! That was the angle I was going for: the more playful poke in the ribs...

Well, it's close to 200 miles / 4 hours for me - a little too far for a one day trip, and I don't have anyone to take care of the farm for an overnight stay! Bummer -

The fall trail ride may be closer to me though!

Wish I could be there, but will be in cooler northern Michigan that week. Still want to meet you all, maybe a fall luncheon. I saw Tarragon's baby yesterday, what a beautiful filly. Hopefully, she will bring pics of her baby to show everyone.
    Life is great when you can hug a horse.

Sorry you won't get able to come eat KR However, we are already planning two fall trail rides: one out by Appassionato and one by me (mid October). Everyone agrees to wait until the Africa-Hot Heat has dissipated

We're also gonna try for another pre-Christmas shopping day up in Helen. Noctis and I had a great time last year and it made Secret Santa shopping very easy!