The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jazzrider
    One invisible can't let another invisible go unnoticed! Welcome to the invisibles, though I think you're more visible than you think.

Waving from VA -- but I'm a born and bred LI girl (Huntington).
    I wasn't mentioned on that thread, so I figured that was one way to qualify! :lol

Hi to a fellow-Long Islander!! (Once a NYer, always a Nyer )

I was born and raised in Nassau County... Live in Long Beach now, but the horsies are out on Connetquot Park in Suffolk! I still visit the Huntington tack shops... a little too regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieSlave
    Ooohhh LSM1212, I must go take inventory....
    Does your collection inlude any custom shirts? I have two that I had a woman here make for me. My favorite is a deep red floral gingham. I know it sounds gross, but it's a tiny low key tone-on-tone with some tan in it that looks way sharp under my olive green coat

Speaking of coats, you have reminded me that I am due for a new one Perhaps I'll continue to wait until I have a less visually challenged mount so I can coordinate with the equine's color?!
    You must take inventory.... and the gingham/green coat combo sounds "fabulous". I haven't had a custom made one done. But you are giving me some ideas.

Though I love to shop.... I must say you probably need to wait so you can coordinate.

The funny thing is... I only like to shop for coats and shirts. Breeches... don't care. Same with boots, helmets, etc.

I do like saddle pads though... I have a bunch of those.

But there is something about those darn shirts.... LOL

My faves are the Essex Coolmax.

Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed
    Isn't that what scissors are for?

SEE????THANK YOU !!!!That is what I thought too, until I cut Rebel's mane into a cut short QH cut, and botched it, just before a show. Bo, and the kids yelled at me horrendously.....and they took away the Smirnoff Ice I had....Well, I was bored, and he needed a haircut----

As far as a HONY, the best I can surmise-stone cold sober, not even a chocolate buzz- is that its a horse that if you don't look real close, he looks like a pony, but he sticks @ horse size-generally 14.3 to 15 hand range. I don't care, I loff Rebel. He is my future grandbaby horse, and though it will be a few years before I have grandbabies (after all, Katie is just 18 now), I have several baby family members taht I will gladly teach to ride on Aunt Ginger's Rebel.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe
    I knew I was invisible...but didn't know we had our own clique! Does that mean we ignore each other, too?

I have no idea how to use bold, italic or any other function on COTH, much less how to activate the damn emoticons.

I'm probably the only COTHr who keeps a dictionary by the computer, and edits, at least mentally, everyone's posts...sorry...it is an obsession and professional necessity since I'm a teacher! I also carry a Sharpie to edit store signs and restaurant menus. Embarrassing for all my friends and family, satisfying for me.

Everyone has to have their own issues, and I applaud your choice in issues!!!
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LessIsMore17
    An "Invisible" is someone who wasn't mentioned in the "How well do we know each other thread" or one that posts and gets ignored- Example would be you post something relevant to a thread about your own an experience and not one single person asks you anything about it, agrees or disagrees ect- you're invisible like you never even posted!
    Wow, I feel special now, I'm invisible and I did not even know it!

Phaxxton -- I used to lesson at Sweet Hollow Stables, and went to Thomas's School of Horsmanship (summer day camp) by the LIE in Woodbury. I wonder if either are still there? I used to love the tack shop on Jericho Turnpike with the big horse out front (also not sure if it's still there). I lived on the border of Cold Spring Harbor and drove CSH neighbors with horses crazy.

Also waving to LSM1212 from E. Northport (sorry if I got your screen name wrong, I'm guessing rather than going back to look!).

And so as not to derail -- I may be the only COTHer really could care less what people say, pro or con, about NH. The topic bores me. The true believers are a bit scary, and the folks that say it's all bunk seem irrational. It's a style of horsemanship that can be utilized or not. Clearly it works when used correctly, and clearly (as with any training) it can be misused or not effectively used by uninformed, untrained or confused people. Just like any other style of training.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Quote Originally Posted by LSM1212
    You must take inventory.... and the gingham/green coat combo sounds "fabulous". I haven't had a custom made one done. But you are giving me some ideas.

Though I love to shop.... I must say you probably need to wait so you can coordinate.

The funny thing is... I only like to shop for coats and shirts. Breeches... don't care. Same with boots, helmets, etc.

I do like saddle pads though... I have a bunch of those.

But there is something about those darn shirts.... LOL

My faves are the Essex Coolmax.
    Once you start looking at fabric and imagining shirts, it will all be over! I have some beautiful blue linen that's about to become a new shirt

I could happily have many coats, but the reality is two or three is enough for me.

I don't have to take inventory on breeches. I have three that I can show in.

Boots are done. I had a brief moment of boot shopping bliss where my folks bought me custom, all the bells and whistles, Vogels. Now that I have them, I need no others.

I'm not a saddle pad person, I have a few: one with fancy monogram, one is Baker, one is black, the rest are blankets or fleece.

I'm not a helmet person either. One to show and one to school.

Calvincrowe, you are not invisible! I will never forget Calvin's story. There are plenty of folks (like me I'm sure) who post all the time, but you don't really associate them with anything that stands out. You have a story that makes you stand out to me.

jazzrider I'm with you on the NH thing!!

I'm probably the only COTHer who thinks some dogs are okay, but never ever wants to own one. Plus, DH hates them and my horses all seem to feel the same way.

I might be the only COTHer who owns a barn but doesn't have a single barn cat or barn JRT. But I do have a barn rooster, who is my attack/guard rooster. He is tiny, maybe 8 oz, and he attacks everyone but me if they come into the barn or near my house.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only COTHer not interested in learning how to trim my horses' feetsies .
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Default maybe it's a good thing...

still the only COTHer who has robbed a train on horseback. ;-)

And I can do a 'western' banded mane.... not perfectly, but can do it. Forget who said that.
    Fun equestrian t-shirts designed by a rider like you:
    http://skreened.com/laughinglion

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners
    Sometimes I feel like I am the only COTHer not interested in learning how to trim my horses' feetsies .
    Ditto. But maybe that's because I like to look at my farrier do it!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki
    Wow, I feel special now, I'm invisible and I did not even know it!
    OMG, I've been quoted, I don't know what to do ! There's a whole bunch of us Invisibles, a thread to introduce yourself on.

Default Well...

I may be the only Cother whose 3 yo had her first slumber party last night and stayed at a friends house. Unfortunately, my usually good loader decided her little brain was fried after her only second time away from home and wouldn't get in the trailer. Wish me luck today.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    Switched from hunt seat to saddle seat.....
    Heehee, nope, 'nother one here!

I *think* I'm the only COTHer who currently does carriage driving with a TB, unless Marcie Quist posts here which I don't think she does.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Default I might be the only

COTHer ...who doesn't give shots.... I'm too sqeemish but have plenty of people who will do it for me

...who's barn dog is a greyhound (yes other's have GHs here, but mine can go off lead and will follow my horse and I everywhere) At a safe distance of course

...Does anyone else get greeted by their horse like THIS?

I just realized that I am probably the only COTH'er who rides a 100% blind appy that they bought at auction for $70

Despite being one of the many invisibles, I may be the only COTHer who...

Used to train elephants for a living -
    and camels, llamas, yaks and the infrequent big cat.

Has a cockatoo that loves to impersonate a house alarm - whenever she's bored and the house is too quiet (arggghhhh).

Sends out gourmet mushroom/fungus growing kits as birthday presents to friends (and yes, they are all still friends!)

God grant me a horse and an eternity to learn its ways.

I am one of the few who is a %100 pleasure rider. Have never shown, bred, professionally trained.. etc. To me the epitome of a good rider is a good say out on the trail!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzrider
    Phaxxton -- I used to lesson at Sweet Hollow Stables, and went to Thomas's School of Horsmanship (summer day camp) by the LIE in Woodbury. I wonder if either are still there? I used to love the tack shop on Jericho Turnpike with the big horse out front (also not sure if it's still there). I lived on the border of Cold Spring Harbor and drove CSH neighbors with horses crazy.
    Yes, both are still there! I pass Thomas's whenever I get off the Northern State to go to the tack shops on Jericho Tpke in Huntington, and I think Sweet Hollow is still there (or am I thinking of Sweet Hills??). There are two - Huntington Saddlery and I think the other one is Rocking Horse Saddlery or something similar.

Wow, I'm apparently the only COTH'er who has used perfunctorily correctly in a post (or so I've been told)

uhhh...

I have a dog that looks like a fox...and I want to foxhunt (eep!)

I used to balance having 3 children, 3 horses, a full time professional job, teaching riding and creating things to eventually consult with (Now I'm not teaching, but we'll see how long that lasts).

I have a horse boot addiction. My horse has more horse boots in all sizes and styles than he will likely ever need, or wear. And every time I get a new horse, he/she needs a different color of horse boot.

Quote Originally Posted by OakesBrae
    I have a horse boot addiction. My horse has more horse boots in all sizes and styles than he will likely ever need, or wear. And every time I get a new horse, he/she needs a different color of horse boot.
    Ha ha, that was me 15 years ago with leg wraps had every color and would mix and match all 4 legs. My poor mare.