The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I may be the only one who --

1) Has a Dressage Mustang.

2) Loves to wrap legs. I have flannels, track bandages, standing bandages, tons of polos, quilts, pillows, and no bows.

3) Has no idea how to band a mane for western.

Well, lol, I didn't ralize I was also an invisible (couldn't quite figure out what that was before!)...

I also don't have a dog, don't know any BNTs, don't know what Rollkur is (nor do I really care to find out).

I also think I'm one of the only ones who breeds both sporthorses and racehorses.

I am probably the only one on this board with a second place AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) trophy from Daytona International Speedway.

Not the only horseperson, or even the only eventer, but probably the only poster here.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli
    Does having a Quarter Hony count? Rebel is 14.3 and about 1000-1100# right now. I didn't even know what a "HONY" was until this board.
    Uh, what's a hony?
    I am probably the only one (maybe one or two more, but I don't know) who has no idea how to pull a mane, (which leads to the answer as to why Rebel's mane is now down past his neck-besides the fact that he is a palomino), or braid an English horse that is not saddleseat or gaited.
    Isn't that what scissors are for?
    "Riding: the art of keeping a horse between yourself and the ground."

~Horsebiters Clique Founder~Drafties~The A Team~Anti-Kohlrahbi Proliferation Group~Elite Closet Canterer...by proxy~

Default Janet...You GO girl!!

OK I can finally join a clique..I'm an invisible..teehee

The only COTHer that had to google Kohlbi (?) that everyone was playing with or beating something with ??#*!

I may be the only COTHer who...

1. Started coming to COTH to read the archived Willem posts.

2. Am a self proclaimed DQ who has recently discovered that my area has a Hunt!! I sort of know how to jump, and I certainly can maneuver a flask... I think the hunt is for me!!

3. Every time I say to my trainer/Aunt, "I'd like a horse." She says, "Oh let me call XXXX at the track and you can get a nice one for free." I reply, " I want a warmblood." Trainer snorts in disgust at my lack of vision and tired conformation to popular trends. (Anyone want a free un/sound, in/sane OTTB?)

4. Invisibility has its perks people, especially if you amuse yourself. I amuse myself and sometimes come to re-read my own posts and have a laugh. I mean the rest of you are pretty funny... but I like to take my own cake... or eat my own cake? Toot my own cake... which sounds gross, but still.
    the things that i had not ought to
    i do because i ve gotto
    wotthehell wotthehell

I'm probably the only one who has been riding for 4 years, but doesn't actually know how to ride.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must set yourself on fire

...doesn't know how to pronounce the word "numnah". help?
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Default I'm the only one here who...

Has a horse whose hobbies are (1) being perfect and (2) incurring vet bills. Yes, it's possible to do both, just ask Regal.

I'm probably also the only one who leased a 17 hand TB to a 4'11 rider.

Probably the only one who has gotten lost (on horse back) in the Wharton State Forest (twice). And quite possibly the only one who swims her horse in the lakes in nearby developments because she's to lazy (and her horse is to trail-phobia) to trek out to the "real lakes" in the state forest.

I also guarantee that my horse and I are more attacked by flies then any other pair in the world. my friends joke that they ride with me so they won't get bitten!
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

I knew I was invisible...but didn't know we had our own clique! Does that mean we ignore each other, too?

I have no idea how to use bold, italic or any other function on COTH, much less how to activate the damn emoticons.

I'm probably the only COTHr who keeps a dictionary by the computer, and edits, at least mentally, everyone's posts...sorry...it is an obsession and professional necessity since I'm a teacher! I also carry a Sharpie to edit store signs and restaurant menus. Embarrassing for all my friends and family, satisfying for me.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I'm an invisible too though I was mentioned on that thread I just seem to either kill threads or I'm ignored. Oh, well.

I'm a "quote" freak. I use them all the time to emphasis my point.

Also... I'm raising my hand here.... Hi, My name is Linda. And I'm a shirt-a-holic.

I LOVE TO BUY SHOW SHIRTS.

My trainer thinks I'm crazy... she has like 3 or so. I have 8. I just love the look of the different shirts. Plus I just got 2 new coats. So now I have 3 coats and 8 shirts. Gotta love it. Though I have only been to a few shows.

OMG LSM1212!!! Are you my long lost twin?! I have way more shirts than I need. I'm going to be sooooo ready when I get a horse that can actually see and resume my showing So are you also a monogram freak? Each of my shirts sports a different type of monogram on each collar. I don't think I have two that are the same - well maybe I have a couple diamonds...

I am also sort of a "quote" freak, though sometimes I cheat and use an 'apostrophe' to mix things up. Italics are also very handy

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieSlave
    OMG LSM1212!!! Are you my long lost twin?! I have way more shirts than I need. I'm going to be sooooo ready when I get a horse that can actually see and resume my showing So are you also a monogram freak? Each of my shirts sports a different type of monogram on each collar. I don't think I have two that are the same - well maybe I have a couple diamonds...

I am also sort of a "quote" freak, though sometimes I cheat and use an 'apostrophe' to mix things up. Italics are also very handy
    You found me! I do have the horse for the shirts.... but only got him about 6 months ago and he's been laid up for the past 3.

My shirt list:
    Pale Yellow (tone on tone stripes)
    Lilac/Purple (tone on tone stripes)
    Coral (plain)
    Blue and White Check
    Mauve/Pink (kinda pimpled look)
    Yellow and Brown Check
    White with Rust Squares
    Medium Blue (herringbone pattern)

Ugh.... it's an illness. My 3 coats are Navy Windowpane, Medium Brown w/ Squares in Rust, Medium Gray w/ Blue Squares. Of course when I got the 2 new coats, I had to get new shirts to go with them!

The ones in bold are the new purchases in the last month or so.

No, I'm not so much of a freak on the monogram thing. I just give them to my trainer who goes to her "guy" and I tell her to pick a color that goes well with it. Most of my shirts have the traditional initials w/ diamonds or chevrons??? Some w/o the diamond/chevron just my initials and I do have one that is just my first name in script.

But the last 3 shirts I bought, I only got one choker monogrammed (initials w/ diamond/chevron) as I think I might try the ribbon thing on the second ones. I think that would look pretty spiffy.

Now just need to go to the fabric store and find some small/thin matching ribbon and that stuff to attach it.

I usually don't use the bold or italic feature. But I just might start.

PS - I love the emoticons.

Here's a pic of the latest purchase... the Yellow and Brown Check. Please excuse the dumbfounded look. Didn't know I was getting my pic taken.
    Last edited by LSM1212; Jun. 4, 2007 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StefffiC
    I may be the only one who --

1) Has a Dressage Mustang.
    Hmmm... I'm pretty sure someone else on here has a dressage mustang, too... Is it DayDreamBeliever??? I can't remember...

But that's very cool!!

Pics??

Quote Originally Posted by M.K.Smith
    I may be the only COTHer who has a horse who finds great amusment out of pushing muck tubs around with is nose in the bucket.

http://www.leakycreek.com/modules.ph...download&cid=1

those videos are priceless !

As to unique.... I'm using spurs -- well not so much "using" as they sit on my boots and i try NOT to poke him *jk*

hmmmmmm, I may be the only COTH-er ....... aHA.....

-- Who wants braiding tape to come in a variety of pastel colors -- AND would actually match my equine accesories to match them in the show ring (Saddle pad, bridle padding *lol*, spur bling, etc)
    Carol and Princess Dewi

**~Doccer'sDressage~**

Quote Originally Posted by Phaxxton
    I may be the only COTHer who didn't know she was actually an Invisible!
    One invisible can't let another invisible go unnoticed! Welcome to the invisibles, though I think you're more visible than you think.

Waving from VA -- but I'm a born and bred LI girl (Huntington).
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Quote Originally Posted by M.K.Smith
    I may be the only COTHer who has a horse who finds great amusment out of pushing muck tubs around with is nose in the bucket.

They aren't the greatest quality, but if you're in need of a chuckle, here's a link to three video clips:

http://www.leakycreek.com/modules.ph...download&cid=1
    Thanks!!! Winston looks like he sure needs a lot of outlets for all that (youthful) energy!!! It also looks like all the horses in those videos could benefit from some fly repellent.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzrider
    One invisible can't let another invisible go unnoticed! Welcome to the invisibles, though I think you're more visible than you think.

Waving from VA -- but I'm a born and bred LI girl (Huntington).
    Also waving.... but from KY. Also a bred LI girl (But not born.... actually born in VA). East Northport so not too far away from you.

Ooohhh LSM1212, I must go take inventory....
    Does your collection inlude any custom shirts? I have two that I had a woman here make for me. My favorite is a deep red floral gingham. I know it sounds gross, but it's a tiny low key tone-on-tone with some tan in it that looks way sharp under my olive green coat

Speaking of coats, you have reminded me that I am due for a new one Perhaps I'll continue to wait until I have a less visually challenged mount so I can coordinate with the equine's color?!

Quote Originally Posted by LessIsMore17
    An "Invisible" is someone who wasn't mentioned in the "How well do we know each other thread" or one that posts and gets ignored- Example would be you post something relevant to a thread about your own an experience and not one single person asks you anything about it, agrees or disagrees ect- you're invisible like you never even posted!
    Sometimes I think that would be WAYYYY preferable to posting and getting attacked for a) something you didn't say, b) something you didn't and NEVER WOULD say, c) something another poster said.