The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

I may be the only COTHer that has no idea how to braid a tail, and would probably fail miserably if I tried.

I may be the only COTHer that knows the gal who made the SmartGain ad on top of the forums.

I may be the only CoTHer who owns a Morgan/Hackney pony mare.

I think I'm the only COTHer with a thread that begs help to catch said M/HP mare.

Quote Originally Posted by MES View Post
    I guess I’m partially invisible. What would that be called?
    Translucent.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh's Mom View Post
    I'm sure I am the only COTHer who opens the "small" horse threads on the Dressage forum expecting to feel good that I am 5'7" and ride a 14.2 hand Arab... then I find out that a small horse means 15.3.... damn I fall for that every time.

(And, since I am an invisible.. now that I know what one is... no one will probably even respond to my post).
    Invisible no longer AND I am 6' with a 15hh (with shoes) mare....... glad I am not the only

Quote Originally Posted by serena View Post
    Well, lol, I didn't ralize I was also an invisible (couldn't quite figure out what that was before!)...

I also don't have a dog, don't know any BNTs, don't know what Rollkur is (nor do I really care to find out).

I also think I'm one of the only ones who breeds both sporthorses and racehorses.
    I don't know what rollkur is either and I've tried to find out. Kinda like nobody wants to talk about it and hopes IT'S invisible. AND NOW...YOU are no longer invisible.

I may be the only COTHer who:

Has a dirtbike that has its own stall.

I still don't know what a rollkur is or who uses it or if I spelt if correctly.

My horses think anything motorized that comes in the pasture carries food on it.

My female dog has a weird obsession with my gelding donkey

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaCrew View Post
    I may be the only COTHer who... DO NOT RIDE and for me seems that it will stay that way.
    *sigh* I don't ride ether. Sold my horse 4 years ago (due to finances) and haven't been around them since. I go OUT OF MY WAY to take my dog on walks that I know there will be horses on just so I can see them. And I want nothing more than to stop and nuzzle a muzzle...*sigh* it makes me sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I may be the only COTHer who...

Switched from hunt seat to saddle seat.....
    Sorry, nope, I've got the ribbons from HITS and Southeastern Charity to prove it!

At this point in time, I *might* be the only COTHer who does carriage driving with a TB. There used to be one other but I haven't seen her here for a couple years.

I am *certainly* the only COTHer who drives a TB in an open bridle. And trained him myself.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    ellemayo, I see you're in MA...come to the Equine Affaire this November and watch this BB for updates on meeting times/places. That way you can meet a bunch of fellow BBers. BTW...that's one freaking cool user-name! I always thought that would make a hilarious show name for a horse!
    And hopefully I WILL be able to make it this year, missed too many years in a row now.
    I'm not invisible anymore! Oh and I'm really hoping to come to Equine Affaire. My old BO is bringing her Arab/Irish Sporthorse baby out so hopefully if we're still on good terms (lol see my thread for clarification) I'll be able to go with her. It would be really awesome to get to meet some BB posters in real life.
    And thanks, ellemayo is my username for basically everything I came up with it when I was like 12 and I've used it ever since!

I think I'm the only COTHer who has never wrapped a leg in over 35 yrs of owning horses and still has no idea how to..
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I wouldn't make bets on being the only on some of these, but probably one of the few..

-Has a sign language interpretor not only for all of my university classes, but an interpretor who understands & owns & competes horses (how lucky am I??).

-Was supposed to be peccary sitting for just a few weeks and whose family now owns a wild pig.

-Has horses that are used to said peccary

-Has horses that were desensitized to caimans and one even shared a (split) stall with it.

-Was kicked in the knee by a TWH while rounding up a 50+ horse herd bareback early in the morning on a speed addict Arabian.

-Competed in the collegiate level of swimming and had to have a strobe light under the starting block to signal when the race began.

Well I am invisible, so continue right along past me here....

I may be the only CoTHer who doesn't know what DH or DD stand for
    I may be the only CoTHer who has been kicked in the face

Ah, I think that's it-But I also have OCD and very much like the CDO arrangement as someone so neatly had it!

JustABay--Dear Hubby (Husband) and Dear Daughter

I think I may be the only COTHer who has a full womens basketball scholarship to play at a division 1 university

Quote Originally Posted by RockingN View Post
    I think I may be the only COTHer who has a full womens basketball scholarship to play at a division 1 university
    Cool! I played basketball in high school but not even remotely well enough to interest a university. Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Valkyrie View Post
    I may be the only COTHer who events a Hungarian Warmblood Lipizanner cross mare and hunts a Belgian Appaloosa Cross gelding. One is absolutely gorgeous, the other.....not so much .
    Which one is gorgeous?

I may be the only one who has never learned to give a shot. I'm not too squeamish, as a few others said, I've just never been taught to. I really should.

I've also never been taught to clean a sheath, and I am honestly fine with that. I pay the vet to come do it.

I may be the only COTHer who noticed that this thread is actually 2 years old!

Until I clicked on all the links posted inthis thread I had no idea that hedgehogs could do rollkur on themselves, though I have seen ducks to it.

I'm so boring that I cannot even think of anything about me that would be unique here on COTH.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Quote Originally Posted by JustABay View Post

I may be the only CoTHer who doesn't know what DH or DD stand for
    I may be the only CoTHer who has been kicked in the face
    Uh Oh, I think I just found my online twin.
    JustABay - I also have no idea what DH or DD stand for, well actually, DH is husband and DD is daughter, but what is the D in front for? AND I was also kicked in the face.

Ok, just looked at the rest of the thread and DH and DD were explained, so now I know!
    Last edited by Tazzie; Oct. 12, 2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Update after reading the rest of the thread.

I may be the only COTHer with a horse who loves to CLIMB things while on a ride.. don't ever point this mare at a manure "pile" (more like MOUNTAIN ) while under saddle.. she will automatically assume that you've given her permission to scale the great poo mountain.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

...who actually WISHES she would just fall off already to get it over with. I haven't fallen off in years, and I've never fallen off my horse, and the longer it goes I fear the worse it will be.