The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Default I may be the only COTHer who......

1. Didn't know what Rollkur is (and am still a little confused about how it's done and why, even after a little internet search.)

2. Has a phobia of wrapping my horse's legs with anything snug - they need to make an official phobia term for "fear of the bandage bow".

3. Has never learned to use spurs. Not because I object to them in any way - I just grew up riding saddleseat, took hunter/jumper lessons at a barn that prohibited them, and then landed my OTTB!

SO - what do you think is unique to YOU after reading the posts on this forum?
    "To understand the soul of a horse is the closest human beings can come to knowing perfection."

One thing for sure, you ain't the only one who doesn't know what Rollkur is, and I do believe I don't wish to know!!!LOL

I am probably the only active Standardbred trainer on the board, or I would be if I wasn't on the vet's list myself.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Sorry to burst your bubble, I STILL don't know what rollkur is, and I never learned to use spurs (I have a hard enough time keeping my heels out of my horse, I'd hate to see the results of having an extra few inches there!)

I think I may be the only one with a Quarter Pony...
    ~Kate
    Owned by Lit, 1988 Russian Arabian
    Member of the Bareback Riders Clique, Proud Closet Canterer

As to your uniqueness:

I wasn't aware of rollkur until the big debate and here's something I'll share with the few of us on this thread :: whispers :: I don't give a damn about it, either. Just can't get in a flux over what some--or many--European riders do, either out in the open at competitions or "in secret" behind closed barn doors. But then, I'm an admittedly evil person who probably ought not own horses because I just can't get in a flux over what some--or many--American riders do, whether it's Parelli or big lick or just plain lousy riding or whatever it is that currently has folks in a stir.

I don't wrap, either, but I imagine that as my/if my competition level increases I may feel compelled to.

Have never had the need to ride with spurs.

As to my uniqueness:

None. I'm a cliche. Bummer.
    Proud Member of the Courageous Weenie Eventers Clique

I...um...didn't know what draw reins were, I don't use spurs (too afraid of jabbing the horse at inappropriate times, and probably myself in the a$$ if I fell off ), had to google the difference between hunters and jumpers, ....the list could go on...

Am I blacklisted now?
    "Riding: the art of keeping a horse between yourself and the ground."

~Horsebiters Clique Founder~Drafties~The A Team~Anti-Kohlrahbi Proliferation Group~Elite Closet Canterer...by proxy~

Am I blacklisted now?
    Nah, you can sit here at the table in the corner with me and Quarter Pony Kate and Swale who started all this
    Proud Member of the Courageous Weenie Eventers Clique

I may be the only COTHer who....

1. Has a litter of baby hedgehogs

2. Boards at a barn that also houses a llama, several sheep, some chickens, some geese, some ducks, two buffalo, a steer, and an endless supply of feral rabbits.

3. Doesn't know anyone famous/any BNTs.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

-my gelding is a ho clique-

I still can't figure out what an "invisible" is. Are they lurkers?

I may be the only COTHer who has a horse who finds great amusment out of pushing muck tubs around with is nose in the bucket.

They aren't the greatest quality, but if you're in need of a chuckle, here's a link to three video clips:

http://www.leakycreek.com/modules.ph...download&cid=1

Oh... I'm sure I'm not the only one... but I'm a horseperson who doesn't own a dog (and at this time really don't have any intentions of owning a dog)... I keep getting told over & over again that is very unusual. I don't have anything against dogs. Husband & I are just more of cat type people.
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

Quote Originally Posted by Shahrazade
    I may be the only COTHer who....

1. Has a litter of baby hedgehogs

2. Boards at a barn that also houses a llama, several sheep, some chickens, some geese, some ducks, two buffalo, a steer, and an endless supply of feral rabbits.

3. Doesn't know anyone famous/any BNTs.
    I don't think I've ever seen a baby hedgehog... they must be adorable!
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

I may be the only COTHer who...

Switched from hunt seat to saddle seat.....

I don't ride in spurs either.

SK_Pacer - I am not a standardbred trainer... but I DO have my grooms license (just to get into the paddock... I don't actually WORK while I'm there) and trained my friends horse down to 2:05 last year. Does that count even a little?

And I too would like to see some baby hedgehogs...

Are baby hedgehogs born nekkid?
    "Riding: the art of keeping a horse between yourself and the ground."

~Horsebiters Clique Founder~Drafties~The A Team~Anti-Kohlrahbi Proliferation Group~Elite Closet Canterer...by proxy~

Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed
    Are baby hedgehogs born nekkid?
    Nope, they come all dressed up in color coordinated outfits so you know if it's a boy or a girl.

Okay, sorry... I couldn't resist.

I read that and the first thing that came to my mind was, "aren't all animals born naked???"

Then I figured out what you meant... Duh, Phaxxton.

Quote Originally Posted by chism
    I still can't figure out what an "invisible" is. Are they lurkers?
    An "Invisible" is someone who wasn't mentioned in the "How well do we know each other thread" or one that posts and gets ignored- Example would be you post something relevant to a thread about your own an experience and not one single person asks you anything about it, agrees or disagrees ect- you're invisible like you never even posted!

I may be the only COTHer who didn't know she was actually an Invisible!

Default Can one be half invisible?

I have a Quarter Pony. The TDF Pony is a QP.

I know what Rollker is.
    I can use spurs if the horse needs them but I’ve really only needed them on one horse in all the horses I’ve ridden.

I never knew how to pull a mane. How sad is that? My trainer just showed me this past Wednesday how to pull the TDF Pony’s mane.

I wasn’t mentioned on the “How well do we know each other?” thread, but I don’t want to say I’m totally invisible because some of my threads get pretty long. I guess I’m partially invisible. What would that be called?

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Talking

I may be the only COTHer who thinks we're all invisibles from time to time.

I may also be the only COTHer who's fond of activating the bold and the italic functions simultaneously to make a point.
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Quote Originally Posted by M.K.Smith
    I don't think I've ever seen a baby hedgehog... they must be adorable!
    Shahrazade posted pictures of them a while back on the Giveaways forum. I think they are the cutest things I have seen in ages!!!

ESG I didn't know we could do THAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpazabianLitRB
    Sorry to burst your bubble, I STILL don't know what rollkur is, and I never learned to use spurs (I have a hard enough time keeping my heels out of my horse, I'd hate to see the results of having an extra few inches there!)

I think I may be the only one with a Quarter Pony...

Does having a Quarter Hony count? Rebel is 14.3 and about 1000-1100# right now. I didn't even know what a "HONY" was until this board.

Don't feel bad about the spur thing. Jennifer can ride with them, but now she refuses since Goldie decided to dump her. He jumped sideways and up (how?????), she clapped her legs to him, forgetting that she had spurs on, he bucked harder and Miss Long Legs went SPLAT.

I am probably the only one (maybe one or two more, but I don't know) who has no idea how to pull a mane, (which leads to the answer as to why Rebel's mane is now down past his neck-besides the fact that he is a palomino), or braid an English horse that is not saddleseat or gaited.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown