The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Need help with White Trash Dressage Class

We are putting on our 3 rd Dressage and Jumping Schooling Show in Aug and I want to add a White Trash Dressage class. this is just a flat class that will be W/T/C. But I need some info on what to put in the prize list as what is required as white trash. I know duct tape is one thing that they must have.

Horse poor any and all help would be great. As I have never shown in a WTD class and have only put on one show(it was last weekend and went great). So I do want to make sure that the right info is in the prize list.

Thanks so much for the help.
    Are you going to cowboy up or lie there and BLEED?

I would assume that the tack MUST be made of baling twine and duct tape. In addition a burlap sack saddle pad would be required. maybe one of those rusty old mule bits??

Tell everyone just to go through their tack rooms and pull out all the stuff they don't know why they bought or haven't used in years because it's held together with duct tape and baling twine. Slobber stains and mismatched colors encouraged.

AH HA!

I've been wondering what WTD means

I think sunglasses for the rider are absolutely required as well as sequins and glitter on every possible surface, including hooves and boots, but I'm a WTD novice.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Now will this be a WTD equitation WTC class or just WTC on the rail, reverse, WTC?

Need to make sure that Formal attire is not warn-the pants your horse dumped the hoof polish on should work fine. There should me a minimum amount of duct tape/baling twine required to enter the ring. There should be a gate steward of sorts to do the DT check. Excess lenght of whip due to baling twine wrist strap should NOT be penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddin Pie
    Now will this be a WTD equitation WTC class or just WTC on the rail, reverse, WTC?

Need to make sure that Formal attire is not warn-the pants your horse dumped the hoof polish on should work fine. There should me a minimum amount of duct tape/baling twine required to enter the ring. There should be a gate steward of sorts to do the DT check. Excess lenght of whip due to baling twine wrist strap should NOT be penalized.
    This is a just a WTC on rail. How can you judge the worst WTD horse and rider if you can't line them up and compare who has the most duct tape.
    Are you going to cowboy up or lie there and BLEED?

Land of cold, snow, & bugs, AKA Minnie Soda

Lovely, Eleanor, just lovely. Hopefully many will follow suit and there will finally be a class Rothina and I can excel in.

This a wonderful opportunity for people to use those animal print saddle pads and wraps they have been hiding in their closet. Also, those mismatched wraps they have been hanging on to but not sure why.

The "come as you are" attitude is what it is all about. No matching gloves, half chaps, etc. Stains on shirts and breeches.

There is a chapter in the book about putting on a WTD show but it is quite in depth. It speaks of using objects instead of letters (BBQ for B, manure pile for M, etc.) There is judging of the most creative use of an object as a mounting block, the best garanimal spotting, etc. For WTD freestyle and for those who do not know quite how to control their animal, bicyle hors are afixed to the crown of bridles to warn those around you that you are approaching. The same said horn is used to create freestyle music.

And of course, use of duct tape and baling twine.

And of course the class winner should win a WTD shirt/hat/mug. It is only fitting and right. And ribbons need to be made out of duct tape.
    Last edited by horse_poor; Jun. 15, 2006 at 03:06 PM.
    Co-founder of White Trash Dressage (WTD)
    http://www.lulu.com/mavw1971
    also available on Amazon.com
    http://www.cafepress.com/wtdressage

Sad, truly sad. I guess the more things you include, the more people you stand to offend!

Hmmm, if i were riding in it, would it be acceptable to be dressed in a mesh T-shirt over a bra? Can't decide between sweat pants or cut-offs, guess I would have to let the weather decide.

Babs-you could do either or. However, it must be said that safety is still a concern even in WTD. Ya just don't have to look good being safe.

Equibrit-I see you brought your sunshine-y sense of humor to the party....

Quote Originally Posted by horse_poor
    Ya just don't have to look good being safe
    I think you are saying - I should skip the bra

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Babs
    I think you are saying - I should skip the bra

;-)
    Well....not quite sure how to answer that! (for once, I am without speech.)

I went as White Trash to a Halloween party once. I stapled pieces of plastic trash bags to my bra and cut fringe out of it for the bottom of the bra. Then I made a two tone mini skirt out of white and black trash bags. My stomach was exposed but I had like a little belt thing made out of soda can tabs and string around my waste. I made high heel shoes out of duct tape and tuna cans. I won $75 bucks for the best costume. Don't know if our how you can use any of this on a horse but it was both trashy and white trashy.

Have fun.

OMG, KKJ, I might actually pay 75 bucks to see a picture of you in that costume.

I think there should be "Minimal" attire rules for WTD as in, well, MINIMAL. Tube tops should get extra points, especially if the wearer has big boobs AND tattoos.

There might also be points awarded for being able to complete an auxiliary activity while doing your test...such as consuming an entire Bud Light, painting all 10 nails, or doing your makeup.

Can people of color compete in WTD? Can there be a division called Trailer Trash Dressage?
    I ride a mule. I paint dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by kkj
    I went as White Trash to a Halloween party once. etc ...

OMGiH !

The mental image is priceless, although I bet we could get enough people on this thread to ante up another $75 to see photos of this costume.

Default ROFL!!

I'm from Tennessee, so I may have an unfair advantage in this class.
    My attire would include flip flops and I would have my dressage whip stuck in my back pocket. It makes such a cute statement standing up over you head like that...................

flip flops, braided baling twine reins (attached to halter), muscle shirt with the armpits cut out allowing to see the bra or lack there of in opposite colors, thong waist underwear above the pink hot pants that stop at mid calf, MAKE UP, tail french braided into one big braid, manure stains, bright blue and white fleece breast collar (i actually had that

another options - short shorts under chaps.....

carovet

Quote Originally Posted by AllWeatherGal
    AH HA!

I've been wondering what WTD means

I think sunglasses for the rider are absolutely required as well as sequins and glitter on every possible surface, including hooves and boots, but I'm a WTD novice.

Could you get extra points for sprinkling sparkle glitter on the horses? You know, the trend in barrel horses for a while in the late 90's ( at least in West TN) was to stencil patterns with glitter on the rumps of horses that way the light would catch it at night....
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by horse_poor
    Well....not quite sure how to answer that! (for once, I am without speech.)
    And that my dears is a rare thing indeed!

Big bows - yup big bows - on ponytails, manes, and the pony's tail.
    Bridal Sweet 05/28/1983 to 01/23/2008

Quote Originally Posted by MuleLady
    OMG, KKJ, I might actually pay 75 bucks to see a picture of you in that costume.

I think there should be "Minimal" attire rules for WTD as in, well, MINIMAL. Tube tops should get extra points, especially if the wearer has big boobs AND tattoos.

There might also be points awarded for being able to complete an auxiliary activity while doing your test...such as consuming an entire Bud Light, painting all 10 nails, or doing your makeup.

Can people of color compete in WTD? Can there be a division called Trailer Trash Dressage?

Of course, they can!!! WTD has nothing to do with color, its all about the attitude (and the duct tape of course.)
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown