The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Suzy has been found. She is being held ransom by the diabolical sinister e

Suzy has been found.

She is to be released Wednesday July 12, 2006....
    Last edited by clanter; Jul. 12, 2006 at 12:05 AM.

Yes, there IS a way to help save Suzy! I've done it before and I'll do it again!

I'm betting on an evening return. Suzy always has been fond of the night....

Seriously, clanter -- We know you love to be the author of a bazillion threads on the UDBB. But here could you please just keep all of the info contained in your refugee thread? We don't need a bazillion UDBB threads on COTH. This was totally unnecessary. Everyone who cares about the state of the UDBB is following the other thread.

Stop doing Mark's dirty work and peddling for cash on other boards. That's just rude. And wrong. If he needs the cash so badly let him ask for it once he gets his own board back up and running (if that ever happens).
    Proud member of the draft cross clique!!! Mum to Normandy & Sar.
    http://hometown.aol.com/sarmoniet/index.html

I thought you would be glade to have us move on? If it is undesirable then please remove this thread. We will understand.

Rather than bury this into a thread that was all over the place it was thought by myself to be better to drop a note that was out in the open rather a deceptive under the cover request of assistance.

Oh and actually no there has not been a request for dollars to Suzy but there has been a lot of time spent on her recovery and the expense is there.

I didn't know that you were a moderator for this forum

Why is clanter being blamed for this thread? Does this mean I can blame him for stuff too? And Tewhann, how diabolical that you shifted the blame for this thread to clanter!

IF the moderator wants to kill this thread so be it, but the other deteriorated into such an anti/pro RK and ODG argument I left it alone. Was kinda glad to see a clean slate.
    -------------------------
    Good dressage is like grass growing. You don't see anything happening, but over time it becomes more beautiful. - Walter Zettl

One doesn't have to be a moderator to state how absolutely tacky it is to be begging for money for another (defunct) board while taking up temporary residence here. If money is needed it can be requested once you're all back home.

Let Mark ask for his own money. Oh wait. He can't come here. He's been banned.

Wink

Sar, you make me laugh ! You and I have both seen this cycle of "Suzy" being up and down and then the appeal for money and sympathy ...Ugh!

I'm thankful to have the COTH!

Good to see you posting here...I've missed you since you left TOB!

Karen

Poor Clanter, he wasnt around for Suzy's past falls from grace. He missed the tounge lashing Mark gave to those who posted here about their UDBB addictions so he has no clue.

Basically Clanter, he hates it when he's down & out and people are whining about it yet puffs up his chest and states "he dont need no stinkin help" in the next post about how much the UDBB costs him in time and money.

Its kinda like getting a man to ask for directions.

SarMoniet, I am a "refugee". I am a relative newcomer to UDBB but still heard/read how people missed you. Since UDBB was down, I came over here. I immediately began exploring and have found this site to be informative and very helpful. I think there's snarkiness here but not any worse than what I've seen at UDBB. I generally just try to stay away from it all.

I too appreciate the welcome we have received. However I think there are more than a few converts as well as some admissions of dual users. Being nasty here was really not necessary. Mark is not asking for money. We are volunteering to donate. Clanter was merely letting us know that if we wanted to we could.

The other thread is becoming very difficult to manage and follow and has spun off on several different tangents. Some having nothing to do whatsoever with the UDBB. What was the harm, really, of one more abbreviated thread?

And Clanter is a really, really likeable, all around good guy. He doesn't try to run up posts purposely. He just has lots of interesting things to say. No need to bash him. You'd really enjoy his humor, help and odd bits of information!

Just bear with us for a little longer and most of us will be out your hair. Of course, some of us plan on coming back and participating on this board now. So your stuck with some of us!

Mean people suck.
    We'll clear out of your board soon, and we'll be sure to take Clanter with us. You could just not read any threads that have to do with UDBB and avoid getting all you know. Sorry we were a bother to you.

SarMoniet, I am a "refugee". I am a relative newcomer to UDBB but still heard/read how people missed you. Since UDBB was down, I came over here. I immediately began exploring and have found this site to be informative and very helpful. I think there's snarkiness here but not any worse than what I've seen at UDBB. I generally just try to stay away from it all.

I too appreciate the welcome we have received. However I think there are more than a few converts as well as some admissions of dual users. Being nasty here was really not necessary. Mark is not asking for money. We are volunteering to donate. Clanter was merely letting us know that if we wanted to we could.

The other thread is becoming very difficult to manage and follow and has spun off on several different tangents. Some having nothing to do whatsoever with the UDBB. What was the harm, really, of one more abbreviated thread?

And Clanter is a really, really likeable, all around good guy. He doesn't try to run up posts purposely. He just has lots of interesting things to say. No need to bash him. You'd really enjoy his humor, help and odd bits of information!

Just bear with us for a little longer and most of us will be out your hair. Of course, some of us plan on coming back and participating on this board now. So you're stuck with some of us!

Default ?

gee, sar-if you don't like udbb or udbbers why do you even open these threads??

(btw, i miss ya too...you were a lot of fun!)

Quote Originally Posted by SarMoniet
    Seriously, clanter -- We know you love to be the author of a bazillion threads on the UDBB. But here could you please just keep all of the info contained in your refugee thread? We don't need a bazillion UDBB threads on COTH. This was totally unnecessary. Everyone who cares about the state of the UDBB is following the other thread.

Stop doing Mark's dirty work and peddling for cash on other boards. That's just rude. And wrong. If he needs the cash so badly let him ask for it once he gets his own board back up and running (if that ever happens).
    Very good post SarMoniet.

Mark can pay these costs very easily from the commission he recieves from Amazone

Man! You guys....could you just make it a little clearer that some of you don't care about UDBB? Because I don't think you're being snarky and pretentious enough......these people might not get the full message and actually even do the unthinkable like...ohh...you know....log onto COTH once in a while? God forbid!

BJ -- I don't really have a problem with the UDBB or the refugees. I have a problem with the UDBB's owner. And the UDBB's owner sending clanter to do his dirty work. This is not the place to be asking for money. Quite frankly, I don't think he should EVER be asking for money. That is his business. Mark makes money off that server and all of his web dealings/advertising/etc. He's said it before.

I always *love* the "I don't need your money -- but if you REALLY want to send it, here's my PayPal address," line that he always gives after one of these messes. It's just a load of BS if you ask me.

But hey, it's your money. Send it if it makes you feel good. It won't save your ass down the line, though, know that much. You think I never contributed to that damn board? Guess again. Fat lot of good it did me. At least that was back in the days pre-advertising -- So hopefully my money at least went into the board and not to pad Mark's wallet.

do you guys burn crosses too?

Could get one of those driftwood horse sculptures and burn it Mark’s front yard that sure would do a job on him

Quote Originally Posted by clanter
    do you guys burn crosses too?
    That one was beneath you!

This whole thing is beginning to remind me of West Side Story......"There's gonna be a rumble tonight!"

COTH has very graciously hosted us refugees.

Most of the COTH'ers seem great and would encourage one to consider cruising two horse boards.

Clanter is funny and warm and intelligent and is enjoyed by many.

Many of the banned people at UDBB are missed.

If one doesn't like us UDBB'ers, one has a mouse which one can use to scroll past our threads.

Some of the banned UDBB people have made comments on "our" threads that might cause one to suspect that their banning may not have been one sided.

I doubt that Clanter is wimpy enough to be "sent" to do anyone's dirty work.

Is Mark perfect? No. Is Erin perfect? I don't know - I haven't been here long enough. Is she gracious and kind to let us park here? Yes. Is she looking forward to us going home? Probably, since we seem to inspire some snarkiness here.

May I suggest that if someone doesn't like us, they just walk away and start their own thread, We'll go home when home is ready, and many of us will continue to visit here if we don't get run off the road.

Default The UDBB'ers which I really mis

I really mis GigiNutter, one of the few on UDBB who has an open mind, and always want to hear both sides of the story.

However today Gigi send me a picture.

www.horsedances.net/UDBBBossHoss.jpg

Please take in consideration that the interpretation of this picture
    "Mark and his dedicated followers" can only be blamed on me !!

Theo