The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default me gone -- But not Miss G!

<deleted>

Note:
    Because I have recieved a few PT's and a few others that thought the worst happened, it definately did not happen. Miss G is still here, doing very well. This topic is, uhem, about.... handbags. :-) I am very sorry, and I also appreciate it.

By the way, it does look like from her last checkup Miss G will be around for a while.
    Last edited by YoungFilly; May. 24, 2006 at 09:43 PM.

Buy Hermes. It is made better than LV.

I have no idea what is going on with Louis Vuitton, but my old bags from them used to hold up really well. With the newer ones, I find that the stitching starts coming undone, the zippers break, etc and don't get me started on what happens if you check their luggage : (. And yes, they make even the nicest saddles look like very good value.

How's Odetta doing? Please post some pics when you get some : )

those cloth bags indian rice comes in are stronger, and they have a nicer design on the side.

slc

I'm with Yank, Hermes over Louis anyday. That will teach ya to buy cheap
    P.S. The fake Louis last longer than the real ones and there only $70

I used to be such a huge Louis Vuitton fan, but man has their stuff ever gone down hill! Not only does the quality of their bags match that of Wal-Mart's, but the price has gone up!! (Nothing wrong with Wal-Mart, but they're two entirely different brands.)

Come to think of it, I started riding around the time my Louis Vuitton obsession ended - talk about good timing! My pocketbook is thanking me

I think you missed what your friend was asking. She was not asking if your expensive saddle was like your expensive handbag.

More likely she was asking if your very expensive imported horse was a chi chi accessory like your very expensive imported handbag. Perhaps thatn is what she meant?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungFilly
    ...Come on, I can't be the only girl who as a LV bag, that thinks the leather work is crap. REAL CRAP.

Feh, the Epi leather ones are slightly better. But don't get me started on the Monogram collection! My cheap TB works way harder (and is more supple) than any of my LVs. No more for me!
    Proud Rubenesquestrian

YankeeLawyer, Odette is doing awesome. We are headed to our second show of the season next weekend up in GA, and then to the Tampa show the next weekend. She is better than I could have ever imagined. I will try to get some from the show and post them.

I think the remark was a snarky attempt at humour.

The fact that someone pays hundreds of dollars for a chi chi accessory like a handbag strikes some of us as funny when slc and youngfilly point out that a paper sac or a rice bag will do perfectly well...and likely last longer.

A PSG schoolmaster is NOT such an accessory.

If you wanted to learn to ride in bicycle road races, you would not start by buying a tricycle or a mountain bike with big knobby tires. That might help you learn the basics of staying on a bike, but it would be a very slow way to learn to race. You would start by buying the sleekest, lightest racing type bicycle you could afford and even though you couldn't do it justice at first, with help from a trainer you would gradually come to match the bikes' quality with your fitness and skill. Or not.

However, if your intention is only to take leisurely rides down a mud trail, or tool around in your driveway, a tricycle or mountain bike might be perfect and a racing bike would be wasted.

Fortunately, horses don't care a whit if their talent and training are wasted.

I agree that it's not the same thing at all but I do believe that's what the friend meant and I don't see how the saddle got in there.

It's like bone marrow, some get it, some don't.

good Luck at your show and have a blast!!

I ignored the snarkiness of the friend's remark. I assume it was meant to imply that YF collects designer horses like designer bags, which is of course rude and ignorant. But I also avoid discussing my horses with non-horsey people unless they ask about them, because inevitably many will jump to the conclusion that you are an elitist snob.

I don't see how the saddle got in there

why dahling...the HENNIG saddle is a top of the line dressage saddle.....
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

But this ones a 'Henning', a black market faux Hennig, no doubt.

Ducking, goosing, henning...

Hilarious! I was so offended that someone would think my horses were "accessories" and the first "accessory" was the henning, and heck thats a serviceable one! My Henning is worth more than a LV bag. I was surpirsed at that.

But! But but but! My friend just showed up at the barn with extremely attractive Chennel sunglasses, and we talked about the cost.

Her sunglasses "$4600" my LV bag "$1300"

Little Odette: "PRICELESS"
    Miss G: "PRICELESS"

It Hennig= not Henning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, just to be clear here, people actually pay $1300 for a BAG????

I guess I live on a different planet....

snowpony you and me must live on the same planet. No way in the world I would buy a 1300.00 handbag.

I have a really nice LV knockoff called a Kenzia. Purchased in Vienna in 1994.
    The quality is exceptional and apart from the leather strap going a bit darker from years of use its in perfect condition.
    I thought it was actually quite expensive at the time at about $50.00 but boy its been great value for money.

and it's also CHANEL...are you and your friends buying those knock offs with the bad spelling?
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

My Henning is worth more than a LV bag. I was surpirsed at that.
    Why?