The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated
    *sniff*

I want a donut. But had a wisdom tooth out yesterday and am having trouble cramming my mouth with sweets today.

I will just sit on the sidelines with my yogurt and pudding, gazing wistfully at the donuts and fancy alcoholic beverages.

Well, you can put the donut in MissBri's blender...

Quote Originally Posted by OakesBrae
    Yes. But read her other posts. Almost everywhere she mentions being financially well off, having a high IQ, being able to do absolutely everything on the face of the earth, blasts people for being overweight and/or foreign.

I am known for being a *very* tolerant person. I do not ordinarily participate in flaming threads. I have been known to be very patient with newbies. This gal, however, has pushed me to my limit. And I happen to be *very* type B.
    Its been my experience that people who ususally brag about money or I.Q.s have neither... Don't know the gal, so I can't say for sure. But wealthy people I know (I'm not one of them) NEVER brag about their wealth. They are the ones who usually complain how little they have.
    Just my observations...

You know Aly, if your normal posts were things like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by alysheba
    Your right, I do get it now. Thank you for putting into terms I could relate to and understand.

With your permission I would like to print this off and email it to my instructors other students who thought the same thing I did.

I guess I thought I should have had a horse well schooled in lead changes to make me comfortable with the lesson, when all the while, getting the horse to move probably would have given me even more confidence and helped me gain the horses respect.

I'm not a spoiled brat. I just didn't see the point of the lesson clearly. I'm sure we have all been there.

I will be requesting to ride Bailey next Monday, with crop in hand! ( will give you all an update) Hey, maybe I can ask for some extra time with him to see if I can train him to "Hold a Gate" Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself for being an idiot, who can you laugh at????
    instead of like this:

you'd be a lot more likeable. You would, coincidentally, get a lot more useful advice as people won't think typing out a thoughtful response is a total waste of time. I'm very glad that someone was able to put it in words that you understood and I hope you're able to learn the lessons that Bailey & your instructor have to teach you. (and EVERY lesson barn should have at least one schoolie who is used as an evaluator...do it right & mean it, and they're perfect; do it incorrectly and they let the whole world know! We've ALL had to prove ourselves on them at one point or another. I've at several...Summer was the BEST!)

To me, it sounds like Alysheba has some major insecurity issues, which I don't wish upon anybody. It's too bad, really. The best way to be in horse business, or any business for that matter, is to be gracious and humble.
    Sunset Farms-Home of the Stittsville Warmbloods
    Eventing, Show Jumping, Dressage, Foxhunting and Pleasure Driving
    Since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by BelladonnaLily
    This mare doesn't sound like anything I would put any of my children on without extensive training by a professional.

I think you need to re read the post. The mare isn't for sale. And she is currently being free leased by a 27 yr old divorced transplant from Texas. She just moved here and jumped at the chance to teach this lil lady to Event. She can't afford to drop 3k+ CASH on a horse, but she can afford a couple hundred in boarding fee's, etc. She's just happy to be able to ride. She is aware of my program and thinks its awesome..so if they dont mind...why do you care so much?

62% of American families have LESS than $1000 in their savings account, much less the 2 months salary advised. I'm trying to help that 62%.

What is Amway?
    I've got the 3 things men want. I'm hot, and I'm smart!

-The 6th Member Of The Bareback Riders Clique-

Quote Originally Posted by Desiderata
    Oaksbrea -- (Big sigh) No, you're right, I'm not. But I am an expert on mucking, fence post planting, installing electric fences incorrectly, feed and tack room outfitting, lawn mowing, hay selection, seeding apparatuses (apparati?) supplement balancing, lickit procurement, and ruling my little kingdom. Some day I hope to be all of those other things too. Maybe next week????
    YOu just described me too! I believe I am a fabulous manager of my horses (and my boarders' horses)...I just happen to be a not-so-good rider . I'm trying. Maybe next week I'll be better! lol

I wanted to add here that I actually had a stallion experience that resembled alyshebas! This is the truth though .

I was 13 or 14 and my moms boyfriend had an Arab stallion in Norco, CA, near where we lived (in Chino). He said I could ride him "anytime". So one day my mom dropped me off and went shopping, and I just took him out for a ride -- on a busy street that had horse paths on the edge. Eventually we came upon a filly, and she was on the other side of a chain link fence...and he tried to climb it. There I was, on a busy road, all 100 pounds of me, fighting to stay off the fence...I swear I don't remember much after that.

My mom says I got him back to his home...but I seriously have no recollection of anything except that the chain link fence *seemed* 8 feet tall, and it *seemed* like we were on top of it. I'll bet my perception is a little off, some 27 years later! I do have a scar on my ankle from it...and I remember trying to walk to the car and not look like it hurt, but it really, really did. I also remember that I was wearing Van's slip on tennis shoes *gasp*.

lol...my entire story is to comment on how foggy the details are details...how does one remember so many details? I think I must be fading.

I wish I could enter a lesson and say "we ARE learning lead changes today" but, when does that ever happen? ... NEVER.

Whiners, quitters get no where in this world. You should be thankful that your instructor DID make you ride this horse. If you opened up your willingness you probably would have learned something.

Default To stop the Amway Comments...

Just googled it. Thats not me. Not even close

I get paid by over 800 companies, including Fortune 500 comp. like Circuit City, Barnes and Nobles, Office Depot etc, to drive business to their websites to expand the Ecommerce/Internet explosion (we're all here, right?). I get paid in Royalties, like how Britney Spears and Tiger Woods do. I also get paid to by these companies to teach other ppl how to build the same business. There is nothing pyramidy about it. I get paid from companies, not ppl. I make more money than the person who showed me this businesss, and I have mentorees (is that a word?) That are going to blow me out of the water by the end of the year.

Business is driven by a "street team" plan (originated in the hip hop culture)

Its a pretty flippin awesome way to make money, but it is NOT easy, and not for the faint of heart. But it made a lot more sense to me than getting up every morning for the next 40 years and going to a job, and having someone else dictate my lifestyle by how much money THEY think I am worth.

I am not promoting my biz, plz dont PM me about it, I removed my email address. I am telling u what I do for a living, like how someone said in the getting to know you post that so and so is a lawyer. I'm a Prosumer Developer/Private Franchiser.

By the way, if u did your research you would see that in the 70's the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) found the Amway biz plan to NOT be a P. scheme...last time I checked, slander was illegal. It is also the biz plan that all multi-level biz's are compared to (Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Partylite, etc) and must emulate.

The only thing Amway was criticized foR by the FTC was some ppl who were building the business were not promoting it truthfully...but that happens in every business, AND every job. I used to do sales for the local phone company and we had a few bad eggs that would lie to cust. to get a sale. It doesnt mean the company is bad, just the employee.

HMMM.... 17 minutes ago you didn't even know what amway was but you learned all of that on a google search between posts... boy, you are smart!

Slander is spoken, libel is written untruths.

Good for you that you're making a lot of money from home.

Next time you ride Bailey, make sure you use that crop.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Quote Originally Posted by arabhorse2

Well that sounds like a closing statement if I've ever heard one!

But wait! Don't stop now! I have another hour of work to go and reading this has been my entertainment today.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by arabhorse2

Kudos to you...I agree...great closing statement!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmos mom
    HMMM.... 17 minutes ago you didn't even know what amway was but you learned all of that on a google search between posts... boy, you are smart!

No, I text messaged a biz partner while googling and he emailed me The Amway Comparison" A comp someone in our business wrote about what Amway is (the truth) because apparently a lot of 40+ ppl think thats what our business is, and how to deal with it if you run into it. I usually deal with ppl 18-30, so I have never run into an Amway comment. I simply rewrote what I read.

I also hear they make great laundry soap

and the fibs just keep on coming....

Quote Originally Posted by alysheba
    I get paid by over 800 companies, including Fortune 500 comp. like Circuit City, Barnes and Nobles, Office Depot etc, to drive business to their websites to expand the Ecommerce/Internet explosion (we're all here, right?). I get paid in Royalties, like how Britney Spears and Tiger Woods do.
    sounds like spamming...
    My Mustang Adventures - my blog!
    Yoga for Equestrians
    "A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

You got your one warning, and now we're done.

I do NOT have time to babysit threads and constantly remind people that they are supposed to act like adults. When I say KNOCK IT OFF, that means NOW, end of story. It doesn't mean behave for 30 minutes and then start up with the snarking again.

Alysheba, you are aware that the rules apply to PMs, also, correct? And that anyone you send a PM to can forward that to me? Consider that next time, and clean up your act.