The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I have 11 tattoos total...(wouldn't they just LOVE that at the hunt club???)...two of them are horsies...

First one is black horses "running" around my wrist, right where my watch goes, there's 5 of them total, in different stages of a gallop...they're about 3/4 to 1 inch in width. A watch band covers them if necessary.

My other was traced...it was one of the "etched glass" stickers that you can put on your vehicle...I just copied it in black and had the tattoo guy put it on my right calf (outside). It turned out great...people have to look twice at it.

Getting another horsie one...just not sure what yet!
    My boys...
    http://community.webshots.com/user/FirstStepBack
    RIP Gem...for you are the greatest...thank you for the inspiration...I will always remember you!
    Gem Twist (1979-2006)

I need help deciding on my next tattoo. I was going to go with a dolphin (and still might) but not sure. I want to do something for the joining of my first 2 horses @ the bridge. I lost my first horse November 9, 2002 and will be scheduling putting down her best friend in the next couple of weeks. Not sure if I want their dates or just something to symbolize that 2 best friends have forever been joined together again. They were suppose to be put down together, but the first ended up being an emergency a few weeks before their scheduled date. After she passed on, my old gelding bounced back and has been doing well. Unfortunately, the time has come for them to be re-united and now I want to do something to immortilize both of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to talk to my artist as well, but if I could go with some ideas, it would be helpful. I don't know what I want, except them together ...

I know I've seen it but I can't find a picture right now (I'll keep looking) but anyway... I think something with two entwined horse heads would be beautiful and get across what you want. You can always add dates or names if you like. Oh! You could frame the heads with their names but have the names go around in a horseshoe pattern.

I'll try and find some pictures of what I mean.

That does sound beautiful. If you find any pictures, let me know.

Still looking, I need to talk with my mom as I think it might be a piece of her jewelry I'm remembering.

In the meantime I did run across this necklace that caught my eye. http://www.metalmom.com/horse%20jewelery.jpg

I'm getting my first tattoo on wednesday. It is a horsey one, I will post a pic after I get it...
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

I have 2 tattoos (so far ). One of them is a rearing black horse. Its in honor of my first horse Blackjack.
    I've got the 3 things men want. I'm hot, and I'm smart!

-The 6th Member Of The Bareback Riders Clique-

I probably won't get to meet with Drew until Wednesday or Thursday (Friday if I head up to PA to drop off a mare) and will explain to him what I'm trying to do. I'm sure he can draw something up, and I sorta have a pic of the 2 entwined horse heads in my head, but I have NO artistic talent, so I'm not sure I can physically get my point across, LoL. I do like that one link you sent minty, @ least jump starts the creative process. Thanks for far for the ideas