The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have the tattoo I want all designed, the trouble is where to put it. I don't want it to show if I'm in evening wear, so shoulders are out. I also want it somewhere where I can see it... so lower back is out. I really want to get it on my lower abs/hip, but then there's the whole it'll stretch if I get preggers thing. I'll probably just never end up getting it done, cause I can't make up my mind!!!

The tattoo itself is a sort of celtic/tribal horse... basically stolen from one of the flags of the Rohirrim in Lord of the Rings. It also has a bit of a design on it's butt, a la My Little Pony. It sort of encompasses my love of horses (I don't have one of my own, so it represents all the horses that have touched my life), the My Little Pony part reminds me of my childhood when I had 50+ of the darn things and played with them every day, the symbol stands for a group I am a part of, and even the fact that it is from a fantasy series indicates my enjoyment of sci-fi/fantasy novels and movies.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must set yourself on fire

Quote Originally Posted by lelevic
    I know this sounds totally crazy, but my dad still does not know I have the tattoo! I dread the day when he finds out. I know I am grown, but he tends to freak when his "only daughter" does something out of the norm.
    Mine is the same way. He'd absolutely kill me if he found out I have tattoos - heck, he flipped when I got my ears pierced for the second time! I'm the "good daughter" and all that so I can't ruin my image Fortunatley, he lives clear across the country so it's easy to hide stuff from him (even though I'm grown).

I have four colorful horseshoes running up the right side of my spine. They're each about an inch long and they're based off of a shoe from the pony I had in high school. Since they're on my back, I don't see them a lot but I loff them. One of these days I plan to get a matching set on the other side of my spine, but my mom and I have a "no more ink" pact going on - basicaly to prevent her from becoming a fully tattooed old lady (she has more than I do and she's way too obsessive compulsive for her own good).

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by alysheba
    Maybe its the "Norm" for his generation, but one in 4 Americans under the age of 35 have a tattoo.
    One in four is still not the 'norm'.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

I have a dressage horse in extended trot on my right lower hip. I took a picture from a magazine or some such, xeroxed it, then made the changes to get rid of the rider and fill in the horses body. The tattoo shop made a template and was able to tattoo exactly what I wanted!

But I'm wanting another one.....

I designed this one myself after I lost my horse last year. It's on my right shoulder blade. Got it in Las Vegas while I was on a business trip.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sarah_...nm=cf03re2.jpg

I have the celtic horse design from the Book of Kells on my lower back. The guy that did it was truly an artist. FYI I found the butt crack tattoo to be more painful than the shoulder.

Mine looks almost exactly like 'Whyevernot55'. I opted to do mine in color, a palomino pinto, and put it on my shoulder blade. It's about the size of my hand with my fingers extended. The artist did a fantastic job and I get compliments on it all the time. I'll try to get a pic tonight. I want atleast 2 more horsie tats and maybe an Iris (the flower) on my ankle. I absolutely love 'em.

I've got a horse tattoo on my left shoulder blade. I've been wanting one for years and finally at age 45 went and had it done. It's a mustang in full buck and I had it colored to match my newest mustang (bay). It's actually larger than I thought it would be but I love it and want to get another. Didn't hurt as much as I expected it would either.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

I love the pegasus tattoo!

I have 30+ hours worth of tattoos, my back is almost covered, my thigh has a smaller one and I'm working on sleeves on my arms.

The top of my left arm has my first horsey tattoo. It's a celtic pegasus that you can see here... http://www.metalmom.com/tattoo/pegasus%20tat.JPG the picture is blurry and it looks way better in person.

To finish up my back the only open spot I have left is my lower back and I want to put some sort of horse tattoo there with flowers around it from my mother's birth month and my father's birth month.

The rest of my back are all tattoos representative of my family: A matching tattoo with my brother of an alchemy symbol (if anyone watches Fullmetal Alchemist it's the one on the back of Ed's jacket and on Al's arm), then my son's name, a large celtic tree of life, and my daughter's name underneath it. I figure the horse with symbols for my parents would be a great way to finish it off.

Quote Originally Posted by karassa
    I have the tattoo I want all designed, the trouble is where to put it. I don't want it to show if I'm in evening wear, so shoulders are out. I also want it somewhere where I can see it... so lower back is out. I really want to get it on my lower abs/hip, but then there's the whole it'll stretch if I get preggers thing. I'll probably just never end up getting it done, cause I can't make up my mind!!!
    What about the outside of your thigh? That's where I got my second tattoo and as long as it doesn't wrap around to the more sensitive skin underneath your leg it's a pretty easy place to get a tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by karassa

The tattoo itself is a sort of celtic/tribal horse... basically stolen from one of the flags of the Rohirrim in Lord of the Rings. It also has a bit of a design on it's butt, a la My Little Pony. It sort of encompasses my love of horses (I don't have one of my own, so it represents all the horses that have touched my life), the My Little Pony part reminds me of my childhood when I had 50+ of the darn things and played with them every day, the symbol stands for a group I am a part of, and even the fact that it is from a fantasy series indicates my enjoyment of sci-fi/fantasy novels and movies.
    Right Smack Square on a butt cheek No one will ever know, unless you wear a thong in public !!
    Carol and Princess Dewi

**~Doccer'sDressage~**

Quote Originally Posted by doccer
    Right Smack Square on a butt cheek No one will ever know, unless you wear a thong in public !!
    Well... I *am* asking my mom to bring me back a Brasilian bikini when she goes to visit family in Salvador and Sao Paulo this summer, so that still might not work! And the idea was simply to *remind* me of My Little Pony, *NOT* to turn *me* into one!!!
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must set yourself on fire

I have about 20 hours worth of work on me. I have a piece that takes up my lower back (which I will cover the top of my back once I get married) of a Koi fish with windbars and such, then I have matching flaming horseshoes on either hip about 4x6 in size. I put them low enough so that I can hide them, or if I wear low rider jeans just the flames sitck out a bit. I love it!!

If you go to www.trueselftattoo.com my koi backpiece is in Dan's portfolio!
    www.rideforthecurema.org Thanks to all who rode, we raised $110,000!!!
    If you are interested in a ride in your state, check out our website!

www.realestatebyrebecca.com

I want to get one. Just have to wait till I have time to do it and heal from it because it will go between my shoulder blades. I designed it myself and have found an artist that can do it and also follows all of the clean tatooing guidelines. There is a lot of meaning in the tatoo for many parts of my life. BTW the middle of your shoulder blades is the best place for a tatoo if you are worried about stretching. You can gain and lose a lot of weight and that skin won't change.

http://www.kristinabrooks.net/images.../tatdesign.jpg

Another excellent location is the inside of your calf, just above the ankle. A friend has one there, and even though I see her in shorts and flip flops all the time I never noticed it until she told me! It's terribly subtle, especially if your tat isn't that large, and easy to hide under pants, a long skirt, etc. I'm planning on putting my next one there, a Scottish thistle with the words "invictus maneo" around it.
    In spite of telling myself I'll stop at three, I'd like to get another horse one, but I'd never be able to pick where to put it. I decided against my shoulder blade long ago. I wear tank tops ALL the time in the summer, and nothing slaughters tattoos like sun damage.
    OTTB owner.

I got a "horsey" tattoo while I was in college and I still love it (gulp) 10 years later! It's black and located just above my left hip on my stomach. I am so proud of it because it is something I drew myself and later had the tattoo artist "fix" up a little when I got there. I am dying to get another one, just don't know what body part I would like to nominate. I am considering my lower back, we'll see. It will definitely be another "horsey" one when I finally do it.
    Proud member of the Appendix QH clique!

My current tat isn't horsey (on forearms) nor is my next one (collarbone peice). but after that I'm getting a horsey one between my shoulders of a horse jumping through an outline of the state of alaska...
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alysheba
    Its also called a "Ho Tag"

Ho Tag! That's a riot!

Thanks for all the great replies folks!

Hahahahahahaha. Ho tag.... *dies*
    OTTB owner.

I don't have one, but I know of somebody who has a "brush jump"- if you know what I mean.