The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Anyone seen Wedding Crashers?

"Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye."

hehehehe... just kidding! ink away

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith Clark

Also commonly referred to as the "tramp stamp"!! I know the whole lower back tattoo fad is a little cliche but I still cannot help myself from wanting one there!

EqTrainer - go to http://www.keeneland.com and look at their logo - much nicer than the Ford Mustang one... (and it would be easy to have the rider left off)
    Not all who wander are lost.

My it-seemed-like-a-cool-thing-to-do-at-the-time tattoo is not horse-related, though I am seriously thinking of getting it turned into a horseshoe or similar!

But DKL does have a tres cool horsey tattoo. I will try to harass her into posting a pic.

I have one picked out but I haven't gotten it yet- it's a little bitty, slightly fuzzy winged horse that happens to look a LOT like a haflinger- so I'm going to have it done in golden brown with a pale mane and tail and wings.

I have two tattoos - a small frog on my hip and a horse on the inside of my left ankle.

Horse:
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62023191lFcvJC

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsella
    EqTrainer - go to http://www.keeneland.com and look at their logo - much nicer than the Ford Mustang one... (and it would be easy to have the rider left off)

Very cute! But I am still thinking about that little galloping "hell bent for leather" pony look.

The odds of me ever doing this are so slim I should just quit looking at this thread <LOL>!!!

I have the knight chess peice on my ankle. I left my camera in Atlanta or I would send you a pic.
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
    ? Rumi

I am part of the "tramp stamp" clique. My first tattoo is a big ol' rearing horse in the center of my lower back:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...attoohorse.jpg
    Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to get a photo of that? Not to mention the unflattering angle I also have an absolutely darling little dragon on the front of my hip on my Photobucket there.
    OTTB owner.

I don't have a tattoo, but my first riding instructor had one of Hobbes (of Calvin and Hobbes fame) on her ankle. I thought it was soooo cool...

My first, and as of yet, only tattoo is of Pegasus on my back. It starts about mid back and ends about 1/4" above my "sun doesnt shine" area. Its about 5" across and 7" tall. Took 4 1/2 hrs to do, but I love it.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...ntel-Tat-3.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Quote Originally Posted by lelevic
    That is why I opted to put my tattoo on my shoulder blade! Less chance for it to stretch out. I was real nervous about getting it done, so bad my palms were sweating. But my desire to get the tattoo was stronger than my fear. I am going back for another one on my ankle!

Their addicting. The lower back hurt the worst. I almost couldn't take it.

I'm want to get another one, just don't know what yet.
    I've got the 3 things men want. I'm hot, and I'm smart!

-The 6th Member Of The Bareback Riders Clique-

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot55
    I am part of the "tramp stamp" clique. My first tattoo is a big ol' rearing horse in the center of my lower back:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...attoohorse.jpg
    Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to get a photo of that? Not to mention the unflattering angle I also have an absolutely darling little dragon on the front of my hip on my Photobucket there.

Is that a Freisian? Its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith Clark

So what are you going with? "I'm going with the balloon animal display for the kids, and when she come in close-guess who's a broken man? Haunted Past!"

Talking

But of course! lol

I have the cantonese symbol meaning 'horse' and a calligraphy style outline of my horse' head on my lower back, on the left about 3" x 3" is his head and 1" x 1" for the symbol. (The symbol starts where his neck ends... i luv it) doccer's been my life for so long -- and my first horse -- i want him with me forever

I was adament when i brought in the picture that the tatto MUST show the big ears, roman nose, and big bottom lip

I'm aiming to go in again and get some color/shading in the outline...... and when he's gone in this life, i'll get something to show him becoming free -- a dove, a cross.... when it's time i'll feel what it should be

When i did get the tattoo, i saw blue spots on the way out It hurt every time i took a breath in, soooo..... i didn't breath in the whole time i was tattooed!! lmao -- not reccomended
    Carol and Princess Dewi

**~Doccer'sDressage~**

Default I've got one

On my left ankle. It's a wreath of flowers that goes all the way around but I just had to have it horsey, so on the outside there's a horseshoe. Here is a photo (it was taken the day I got it so it's a little swollen):

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...kleoutside.jpg
    www.tailtuxedos.com
    Growing old is inevitable; Growing up is optional.

I have a "wild" horse head on my back (its the identical picture that is in the "How to draw horses" book), a stupid butterfly on my lower right back (I was set on a tattoo that day, the place with the rose wasn't open, the other one didn't have nice roses, so I settled and HATE it), and a rose on my right ankle that I just had a horseshoe incoorperated into a few months ago. I must say, I didn't plan on getting anything, then got the horseshoe, now I want another one. I've always wanted a dolphin, but not sure where to go with it. Maybe on my other ankle, cause I don't want it real big. But then, do I want it jumping waves or a horseshoe, hmmmmm ....

Quote Originally Posted by lelevic
    I know I am grown, but he tends to freak when his "only daughter" does something out of the norm.

Maybe its the "Norm" for his generation, but one in 4 Americans under the age of 35 have a tattoo.

I didn't tell my parents for a long time either for religous reasons (I'm Christian) But one of my tattoos is a Jesus Fish, so I think it balances out!

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot55
    I am part of the "tramp stamp" clique. .

Its also called a "Ho Tag"

When I got mine, it took me forever to figure out what I wanted it and where I wanted it. I decided I didn't want it anywhere that would show if I was in evening wear (I think that looks really trashy) or anywhere that had a very high likelihood of stretching or sagging (either with pregnancy or age) like a breast or stomach or something like that. You know, that wonderful butterfly on your belly turns into pterodactyl..uh no thanks.
    So anyway, I got a tattoo sort of on my lower back but lower, just above if you'll excuse me, my butt. It's a red fox with green eyes sitting inside of a gold hunting horn. It's all colored in and really pretty. It's almost as big as the palm of my hand, but it's easy to cover up with most clothing.
    I had it custom designed because I didn't want something that everybody else had.
    So I guess I'm in the ho club or whatever it is too
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin