The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cool Just for fun, anyone with "horsey" tattoos?

Hey guys! I recently got my first tattoo about 2 1/2 months ago. I had wanted to get an "equestrian themed" tattoo but after months and months of agonizing, I finally settled on my "Grateful Hunter/Jumper" tattoo. My husband was upset at the general idea of a tattoo, but when I came home with it, he actually thought it looked pretty cool!

Anyone else wanna share?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lelevi...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Yanno...that is actually really NEAT looking! I don't have one, but I'm considering it. However, the possibility of children in my future is fairly high, so I don't want one yet lest it turn into something else.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners
    Yanno...that is actually really NEAT looking! I don't have one, but I'm considering it. However, the possibility of children in my future is fairly high, so I don't want one yet lest it turn into something else.

That is why I opted to put my tattoo on my shoulder blade! Less chance for it to stretch out. I was real nervous about getting it done, so bad my palms were sweating. But my desire to get the tattoo was stronger than my fear. I am going back for another one on my ankle!

Default neat topic!

good idea - i would love to see/hear about others' horse-related tattoos. I have been planning one for almost a year, just waiting to find the right artist to tattoo it for me.

LOVE the grateful h/j!
    Fun equestrian t-shirts designed by a rider like you:
    http://skreened.com/laughinglion

DH has one on his shoulder blade of the front end of a Saddlebred. When he wears tank tps or cut out t-shirts it looks like the horse is trotting out from under his shirt.

I have a Zuni horse on my arm. Let me take a pic of it and I'll post it in a sec...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

When I wear the right tank top, it looks like my horse tat is jumping from behind my shirt. I was fortunate with the tattoo artist I used. He is my sister-in-law's brother and he was voted tattoo artist of the year for the studio he works for. I felt like it was a very safe and secure environment. Plus it takes a lot of thought and time to decide to put something permanent like that on your body.

I know this sounds totally crazy, but my dad still does not know I have the tattoo! I dread the day when he finds out. I know I am grown, but he tends to freak when his "only daughter" does something out of the norm.

Not a great photo, but here's mine...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture038.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	10863  
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

I want to get a horse themed tatoo. Not sure where I'd get it though. I already have a tattoo in the middle of my lower back (Japanese characters for love and child, and my daughters name )

I'd have to find the right place to put it. And definitely the right tat.
    "Riding: the art of keeping a horse between yourself and the ground."

~Horsebiters Clique Founder~Drafties~The A Team~Anti-Kohlrahbi Proliferation Group~Elite Closet Canterer...by proxy~

I have a horseshoe on my left ankle-dual purpose, I've broken most of the left side of my body so I thought a horseshoe, for "luck" was appropriate.

I want to get a teeny tiny galloping horse (think the Ford Mustang horse) tattoed on my lower back, right in the middle above where my jeans sit.

However, I teach kids and there is something about it that makes me antsy.. how old fashioned of me, huh?!!!

I do not have a tattoo on my lower back (yet) but I want to get something similar to this tattoo. I don't want it to be as big as the one pictured in this link and I would like it to look a little more "dainty" but I thought it still looked pretty cool.

I want a horse tatoo, someday!

I atleast would think it was awesome in my instructor had a tatoo! Go for it! (Maybe just not the ford mustang )

How timely!

I've got a Coastal Salish hummingbird on my right bicep and like it so much that I woke up 2 weeks ago wanting another tat.

I've become very attached to my schoolmaster friend/lesson horse and there's wonderful drawing of him as part of my trainer's freestyle business logo ...

So, I'm thinking about this for the inside of my left leg, just above the ankle.

Here's the set:
    \
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wildride.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	10871  
    Last edited by AllWeatherGal; Jun. 2, 2006 at 12:27 AM.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

I have 3 tattoos, but none horsey in nature, all Celtic. Maybe that means I should find another likely spot for some art!! By the way, I found this out the hard way: use SUNSCREEN FOREVER. Burn your tat and suffer the blurry consequences for life. Blech.
    the things that i had not ought to
    i do because i ve gotto
    wotthehell wotthehell

I've got over 20 hours under the "needle" so to say but not a horsey one YET...

My next one will be celtic and will have a horse, just trying to figure out the design because I want to interweave it with the tree of life. All of my work is custom so this one will be no different in that respect.
    **Member of the Modified Riders Clique and the "End TWH Big Lick Abuse" Clique**

I have the Uffington White Horse on my right hip, in black outline. Its the prettiest form of a horse I've seen really simple with just a few lines. I tweaked it a bit to it was a little different but basically the same. I'd take a pic but as white as my hip is right now it would look terrible..lol

I have three tats, but only one is horsey related. It is the chinese symbols for "horse" and "tranquility" with the horse over top tranquility. It is my favorite, although it is the only one my parents can't stand. go figure.

I have one of a rearing black horse.
    I've got the 3 things men want. I'm hot, and I'm smart!

-The 6th Member Of The Bareback Riders Clique-

Quote Originally Posted by lelevic
    I do not have a tattoo on my lower back (yet) but I want to get something similar to this tattoo. I don't want it to be as big as the one pictured in this link and I would like it to look a little more "dainty" but I thought it still looked pretty cool.

Oh my! I used to date a tattoo artist and his show was in "competition" with the one owner by the lady who did that tattoo (Pat Fish)! LMAO I say "competition" because they were in the same area. I don't have any tattoos or any desire to get one, but I like looking at them!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen