The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Yellow & Bri: My hat's off to you both. It takes a very secure person to share such personal "moments."
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

SECURE? ME? golly, most people define me as simply a silly goose who's rather entertaining to have around

but THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by jilltx
    It's motivated me to do some google-ing, and find out more about radioactivity ("Radioactivity for Dummies" if you will). I've even been able to converse about it a bit with my space-geek-obscure-science-know-it-all hubby (and I do say that with love in my heart!) and he wants to read it next.
    A science geek will hopefully appreciate using radioactive leaves as TP :-) Though I delicately mentioned "going" in the forest in Ch. 3, I left out the TP part. You can clue him in to that bit of TMI...

Default Miss Bri you will be famous

Albeit anonymous, as I HAD to share that story with my DH, the bowhunter. He wanted to know whether I was having some sort of attack, was I alright, and could he help, so I waved weakly at the computer screen from my position on the floor,where I was trying, with little success, I might add, to regain my breath and see through the tears. And of course, he joined me on the floor shortly thereafter.

And BTW, yellowhorse, it is your fault for weakening me to the point where a "double feature" put me over the edge.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

I wonder if there will be similar toilet facilities at WTD camp. I will have to get over my need for teepee fetish if I'm going to make it.

Instead of being able to vote someone off the island, can we vote them out of the barn/pasture?
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Talking OMG Thats priceless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow-horse
    This has made it around several bb's over the years and it is my fondest memory of the old yellowhorse
    She was in her mid 20's at the time and I knew it would be our last competitive ride, it was a 25 miler and i wanted it to be special, i had her 20 years and she was the best horse i ever rode and it was time to retire her
    so it was a cold Nov day and i had got new pants for the day, we looked spiffy
    started out as usual with the yellowhorse going like blazes and snorting down the trail, pretty soon my pants had rubbed a raw spot on my leg and blood started pouring down my leg, I had to stand up and ride with my leg off the horse but we kept going
    we got to a place along the canal where you could go down and get a drink, by this time the sun had warmed it up to about 40 and the wind had died down to 30 mph, so i gave the yellowhorse a little kick to urge her down and she jumped in the canal and swam around a little, just enough to get me wet to the waist, so i got her back up the bank and there i am going down the trail with blood pouring in my boot, standing up, my leg off the horse and encased in ice from the waist down
    i got to the half way vet chekc where my husband was supposed to be but since i quess we did the fist half in record time he wasn't there, i had 10 minutes for the vet check and i had to pee, i found a portapotty and no one was around to help
    so I went in was holding the rein in one hand, balanced on one foot used the other to hold the door closed and started to pee, the yellowhorse pulled me out in midstream, of course at my age and with the wet frozen pants it's not like you could stop if you wanted to so she dragged me along the parking lot, peeing and with my very white shiney hiney exposed to the world
    i of course got back on and finsihed, one leg on the horse standing up frozen feet blood pouring down my leg and pee pee pants
    to finish is to win
    that deserves to be in cookie Mcclungs books.. or something! I nearly wet mine reading it!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Talking Oh Man that that one takes the cake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissBri
    Oh my god Yellow Horse - that is hilarious! YOU GO GIRL - in more ways than one!

I was out on a trail ride, stopped to pee (we were miles aways from anything and I had drank way too much coffee). I found a nice little spot just off the trail, dropped my drawers, and started wizzing. Just then I heard a 'ahem' from above. Good GOD - it was a bow hunter in the tree above me, trying hard not to laugh. As I scramble to pull my pants up he doffs his camo hat (probably to wipe his eyes), Bri gets a glimsp of the movement and shies backward fast - really fast, catching me off balance, dropping me to my knees with my pants stuck just about mid thigh. With my lilly white butt shining, she proceeds to drag me to the center of the trail in the open. The Hunter by this time is laughing clearly right out loud then says 'Gee sorry honey, but that was the best full mooning I've had in a long time'.
    Yeah, glad to be entertaining sir,
    I finish pulling my pants up, attempted to mount with some semblance of dignity, gave the fellow a big wave and a smile, and rode off with my silly old mare dancing around trying to keep an eye and an ear alert for more talking/laughing trees.
    Now I am crying! OMG LMAOPMP That is hysterical! You guys are something!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by MissBri
    Oh my god Yellow Horse - that is hilarious! YOU GO GIRL - in more ways than one!

I was out on a trail ride, stopped to pee (we were miles aways from anything and I had drank way too much coffee). I found a nice little spot just off the trail, dropped my drawers, and started wizzing. Just then I heard a 'ahem' from above. Good GOD - it was a bow hunter in the tree above me, trying hard not to laugh. As I scramble to pull my pants up he doffs his camo hat (probably to wipe his eyes), Bri gets a glimsp of the movement and shies backward fast - really fast, catching me off balance, dropping me to my knees with my pants stuck just about mid thigh. With my lilly white butt shining, she proceeds to drag me to the center of the trail in the open. The Hunter by this time is laughing clearly right out loud then says 'Gee sorry honey, but that was the best full mooning I've had in a long time'.
    Yeah, glad to be entertaining sir,
    I finish pulling my pants up, attempted to mount with some semblance of dignity, gave the fellow a big wave and a smile, and rode off with my silly old mare dancing around trying to keep an eye and an ear alert for more talking/laughing trees.

My hat is off to both you and Yellow Horse!!!!
    =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
    ~Jilltx~

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Really, with all the shit that goes on in the world, if this is the worst thing you can come up with to be pissed about, then you are far, far, far ahead of 99.99% of everyone else.
    Oh, it's NOT the worst I can come up with to be pissed about, that's for dang sure. Just what happened to be pissing me off on that day, and I posted about it...not unlike the zillion or so other COTHers who do the same thing.

Honestly, my barn is my sanctuary; hearing such "blasphemous" talk really got my hackles up. It could be that I'm just too sensitive...or that I have yet to master the "eff off" reflex!

Or maybe I just need to get a life.

In any case, the thread has now morphed into a discussion of bathroom humor, which is fine by me.