The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Wink

jeez- I jumped to the end- when I read Peepers post - glad you're still around YF- I sometimes can read in your posts how tired you are- it seems familiar...LOL!

ps: we're probably all old ladies- if you define 'old' as circling around menopause- which my GYN informed me starts just about at 35 and ends just about in the grave...LOL!

YF - as I mention, I never saw the original post (there are times when our ITS seems to forget how to keep us connected to the internet, but then, they also have trouble figuring out how to turn on a Mac ).

Some of us like to be smug about how our cheap OTTB beats the pants off of the very expensive imported WBs (). But it's like children (or should be) - while you might love kids in general, it's your children that are so precious to you, regardless of their abilities, looks, whatever. I know there are plenty of us on this board who are incredibly wealthy. I also know some of us literally have nothing but what they can walk around with. The commonality here is horses.

Actually, even if I had the money, I don't know that I'd know what to do with it. Well, maybe I'd open up that rescue farm and let others with the knowledge and ability run it. And maybe Ted would have sheepskin girths and pads that I could use a few times and donate to the local TH. And we could buy JustBorn and have peeps on demand.

But if you have a fabulously expensive mare - who cares? enjoy her. May she bring you much joy. That's the whole point of having them, yes?

It really is like that mastercard commercial. The times I spend with my boy? Priceless. I store them all up knowing that there will come a day that I won't have the physical reality. That's the true cost.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Quote Originally Posted by YoungFilly
    mp, you just shook me to the core. I am completely sorry to anyone else who might have thought that. I was definately not thinking, I will change the topic's name. You're absolutely right I could have written that exact title for Gigi. Thank god, she is doing very good right now so no worries. We are only bickering about handbags. Puts it into prespective, huh?
    Yup, it does. Last week, I was feeling sorry for myself because both my riding horses are sidelined with injuries. Then I saw Barbaro's breakdown and horrific injury. I won't be showing this summer as I'd planned, but at least my horses' problems aren't life-threatening or career-ending. And now I have time to get our 3 y.o. and 4 y.o. fillies ready to start under saddle. I'm sure I'll learn a lot. Hopefully, not the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungFilly
    Lets all just take this as a good discussion, because it is. I think the world of you guys. We are a bunch of very intelligent, caring people. Even if you are 'old ladies'
    YF, you seem to be a good person. Communications-challenged at times, but there are worse faults, I think.

Old ladies, huh? Well, this old lady fed, watered, mucked stalls and cleaned the paddock before breakfast this morning. Then showered and went to work. What were you doing between 5:30 and 6:30 this a.m.?

PS -- Very glad to hear Gigi is doing well.

Default Did you not read the Tao of Jeepers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Lawn
    three weeks ago at the Kitchener meat sale, yearlings were going for $50 a piece. $1,300 would have saved 26 lives!!!
    For about 5 minutes. Another $1,300 X 26 would have maybe gotten each one of them through the first year. Nothing is every that simple.

Default This thread is TOO still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo
    Well, I can't imagine a bunch of woman who have nothing else better to do than fill up 6 pages worth of useless gibberish mocking someone who bought an expensive trinket. Geez....
    Well sure you can -- you are one of us now.

Muwahahahahahahah!

I recently went through a real funk because I don't have enough money. TO SPEND ON HORSES. Arrrrrgh.

Hmmm, what to put in the purse. I had to do some research but I think a pink Vertu Ascent cellphone (available at Neiman Marcus for a mere $5,700) would be just the ticket. But not if that stupid micro-Vanner is going to get sparkly poop on it. I say we put the Vannerlite in it's own LV carrier, k?

One year I went to a meeting in DC with one of my grad students (who now works for a major pharmaceutical company and is making twice what I do, straight out of grad school, and I've been a faculty for almost 15 years...). She knew she had to do that, as she had very expensive tastes. We took a break and went to a huge mall in the area, and she went to teh Coach store and was trying on handbags - literally. Would sling one over her shoulder, and stand this way and that, perusing herself in the mirror. Every bag was over $200, even the weenie ones. And all I could think was, I could buy a really nice show bridle for that money, if you're going to buy leather...

All by way of saying, I have no idea what would cost that much to put in the handbag. Except - SSRI antidepressants. I can't use them in my research because they are so expensive. So one vial of fluoxetine or second generation derivative, not on an insurance plan.
    www.specialhorses.org

Love the phone and the drugs are a must!!! Let's let the micro vanner stay as long as there is no sparkly poo in the bag. Otherwise the little midget get's it's own matching carrier. We can put a Chinese Crested in to keep it company.

Is this thread about horses?
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Here - toss this in your handbag . . . when you take it out to pay the farrier, the thread becomes horse related again.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...22834&ev19=1:5

And here's my (sort of horse related) question. Can you find an Amish guy to make the handbag knockoff for 1/10 the price?
    www.specialhorses.org

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
    And here's my (sort of horse related) question. Can you find an Amish guy to make the handbag knockoff for 1/10 the price?
    And it sure would be sturdy!!

Moonriverfarm, if you have to ask then you can't afford it.

YF - I don't know if you are interested, but there was an ad placed in Sporthorse Marketplace for anybody with a horse with melanoma. They were doing a research study.

Very nice. I love Burberry! While we are on nice non-horse things. I was just flipping through the new Tiffany's catalogue that came in the mail and there's an equestrian charm bracelet! It's adorable. I should try to find the link.

An equestrian charm bracelet sounds lovely and returns our thread to horses.
    I also just remembered I have a Hermes silver fold over hoofpick in a lovely navy blue leather case that would fit nicely so that one can pick their horses feet at the classier shows.

Hmmm...I have an idea. The mighty thoroughbred clique has charms, so you could add this charm to the bracelet, but instead of the usual amount (I think $40? it's sterling, and nice) you could have donated $3000 to horse rescue making it a very expensive charm.

See? Extremely horse related.
    www.specialhorses.org

Default Equibrit?

Where in this newsletter did you find this? I went through the last two issues and did not find this information. Please let me know? I also tried a PT to you last night but it did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit
    YF - I don't know if you are interested, but there was an ad placed in Sporthorse Marketplace for anybody with a horse with melanoma. They were doing a research study.

It was a text only ad, at the top of a right hand page I think!

thanks, I will look again in the morning.