The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

(raising hand)
    I'll admit to being a diamond junkie too. However...a girl can have too many. Almost exactly 3 years ago I lost my 5th anniversary present...a diamond bracelet. Of the honking variety. Clasp broke 6 weeks after purchase. Since then, due to my disgust with myself for losing such a beauty...I have a hard time walking into jewelry stores now.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Congrats! I'm a newly-wed...it's hard work!

I almost ruined my e-ring by doing barn work. Learned my lesson and now I always takemine off and put them in my jewelry box before working with the horses or doing anything outdoors. I think I might buy a cheap gold band to wear when I am riding...but not gonna wear my rock!

Both my engagement and my wedding rings live on my hand. My engagement ring is a large, excellant quality diamond with 4 smaller diamonds running down the band on either side of the ring. My wedding ring has larger diamonds set into the band along the entire top half. Both rings are platinum. I was very nervous at first to wear my engagement ring, but my husband said that he paid a lot of money for them and he wanted me to wear them. We put both on the homeowner's insurance so that if anything were to happen, they could be replaced. I decided not to argue with him because he was pretty persistent and he had a good point regarding the insurance!

The engagement ring does slide around at times under my gloves, but I have gotten used to that.

My husband and I have bands similar to this: http://www.seaofdiamonds.com/item.as...&invky=8226063

After almost ten years of wearing it to the barn and to my former job of grooming dogs, my decorative braid is flush with the rest of the band and has worn almost flat while his is pristine and new looking. Guess who is the Civil Engineer with the desk job?

I do wear mine to the barn and have never had a problem. I dislike diamonds, but lost the opal from my engagement ring within a year of marriage. It's lost somewhere in the drains of Davis...
    Last edited by Emryss; May. 19, 2006 at 01:00 AM.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

have you thought about big belcha chain and wearing around your neck in stead of on finer when riding --

I used to take my rings off for everything I thought might damage them. they were an old set given to me by dh's grandmother. I took it off because hte prongs needed tightened and I was going riding that day. I returned home to get it out to take to get prongs tightened and poof ring gone. the ring was almost 100 yrs old it was gone.
    It took almost 18 yrs to gt it replaced due to not really finding anything i liked to replace it and to get it rebuilt would have cost right about 5000$ and on jr NCO ( enlisted military) pay just couldnt justify it.
    Now I remove my 'new' ring only when haveing a specific medical test run like an MRI where my hand might decide to adhear itself to the machine...
    I turn it to face the palm area of my hand. and wear gloves when riding.
    Friend of bar .ka

Well I don't think I have had my ring on in at least 5 years. I won't lose it at the barn because I would probably be hard pressed to find the "safe" place I put it in the house. I am not a jewelry wearer in general, It drives me crazy and I stick to my 3 ruby, emerald, diamond studs in my ears.

I rarely take off my engagement ring. I think the only time I do is when I'm working in my garden and I can't find my gardening gloves or I'm going to be working on the fence or painting. If I take it off I put it in my jewelry box so I don't lose it.

When we were looking for rings I wanted something that was flat set so I would have less of a chance of getting the ring caught on something and losing any of the diamonds. Plus, I like unique looking pieces. We looked everywhere locally and one day while browsing the net I found the perfect ring thru a company out in California that specializes in custom engagement/wedding rings. My ring is a wide platinum band with a row of channel set round diamonds at the top and bottom with a carat solitaire flat set diamond in the center surrounded by three baguettes and two rows of smaller rounds diamonds on either side of the solitaire. I get so many compliments on it because it doesn't look like your typical engagement ring.

I am not impressed by diamonds...most of the riders AND realtors I know are actually wearing CZ rings set in real gold or plat. No one can tell the difference but they get the "respect" It's silly.

I picked out my ring because of my lifestyle. It's a small diamond and 2 small sapphires set in platnum with no prongs, a full bezal.

It is the ring on the very bottom, with side sapphires and no engraving
    http://www.khoren.com/

Sometimes I wear it to the barn, sometimes not. I like unique and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue
    (raising hand)
    I'll admit to being a diamond junkie too. However...a girl can have too many. Almost exactly 3 years ago I lost my 5th anniversary present...a diamond bracelet. Of the honking variety. Clasp broke 6 weeks after purchase. Since then, due to my disgust with myself for losing such a beauty...I have a hard time walking into jewelry stores now.
    Hush, you say...Too many diamonds? Never....

On a serious note, you never found it? Was it insured?

My 5 yr is coming up this October....Maybe I'll start putting a bug in Mr.H2's ear now...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony
    I am not impressed by diamonds...most of the riders AND realtors I know are actually wearing CZ rings set in real gold or plat. No one can tell the difference but they get the "respect" It's silly.

I picked out my ring because of my lifestyle. It's a small diamond and 2 small sapphires set in platnum with no prongs, a full bezal.

It is the ring on the very bottom, with side sapphires and no engraving
    http://www.khoren.com/

Sometimes I wear it to the barn, sometimes not. I like unique and simple.
    Very pretty, Perfect Pony