The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Move over, I want a good seat too.

don't believe a word of it.

oh, and ask 'tropicalstorm' her weight to horse ratio. i am considering legal advice re: libel. someone has to stop people who use these forums (well, actually fora, no?) to BASH people because they don't have a life. enough already. she appears to pick fights with everyone around her, lies continuously, and slanders people with better skills, education and qualifications.... maybe getting a life would help, but first i am going to watch her ride and show you just 'what a better rider she is' and how 'balanced' she is... hmmmmm hope she didn't mean mentally!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbB
    Move over, I want a good seat too.
    Can I join?

I'll bring the ice cream... Popcorn and IceCream go so well.

Steph

would be a good move, except she is lying.

Suddenly this thread has become interesting again.

Mind if I join ya'll on the porch? I come bearing box wine, and I think DG may chip in some peeps. This could be better than a whole afternoon of WTD.

yes well, it should be..... i wonder how often any of the people who post are actually challenged by people who actually 'witnessed' the extreme/dramatic events these sad folks post? 'tropicalstorm' has lied, exaggerated and mis-represented a situation where a child (not mine) who had no crop, spurs, bridle or saddle sat on a 3 year old pony for about 10 minutes, she weighed about 50-60 lbs., and was told to dis-mount by the mother (who is NOT a trainer) after bout 10 minutes, and it wasn't during pony club. i can't comment on other items she talks about as i didn't see it, but given the obvious inaccuracy of what she describes for the part i did witness, seriously doubt her veracity. the pony had been lovingly groomed and walked for about an hour before. is this what people use this forum for? to get attention? you know, this is not inflammatory, but sad. that this is how she interacts with the world..... i do know this child, and she has taken in ponies that no one else will ride (who were doomed to the meat auction) and made safe, fun, sport ponies out of them --- and she has had broken limbs, received bruises, and numerous cuts because it would break her heart to have a pony put down or mis-treated, and has adopted them to loving families -- she has never abused an animal, and without her we would be short several loving equines. she also rides better than most adults and would rather die than see any equine hurt. i just can't believe the venom from this idiot! sorry guys, but it makes my blood boil to see such a gross misrepresentation of events. tropicalstorm, you are a liar and and idiot, and we are watching you!

There's always room on the porch! Sounds like we're going to have quite the potluck going too!

I know it's wrong...but I can't wait to check back on this thread after I get back from the barn tonight!!!

NutriSystem soy chips, anyone?

yeah well, the carelessness of a teenager to say these things about people who devote their lives to the safety of horses and riders is careless, attention-seeking and pathetic. and for those of you who care, i'll send you pic's of this 'dressage star' in action!

Oh, goodie. I just opened my last box of Thin Mints. Want some?
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Gah!! I believed her post, enough to talk to a friend at my barn. My trainer is also a PC trainer (not sure of the lingo), and this gal has her daughters in PC along with helping out. Now I need to call her and tell her it was all a bunch of BS??? Maybe I should not be so quick to believe everything I read, this is upsetting!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

don't u guys care that it is all fabrication? or is that part of the game? do i get to make up stuff? i have a super imagination, and could really go 4 it..... but the original rant is probably more interesting.... so if it all made up... who gives a s**t then? sigh, think i'll go ride 4 awhile, at least that's real.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc
    Gah!! I believed her post, enough to talk to a friend at my barn. My trainer is also a PC trainer (not sure of the lingo), and this gal has her daughters in PC along with helping out. Now I need to call her and tell her it was all a bunch of BS??? Maybe I should not be so quick to believe everything I read, this is upsetting!
    Well, I'd call your friend and say it's about to become a mud-match on the BB and who knows what's true. After all, if YOU learned that someone was telling everyone about the horrors of your group and thought that people might be able to figure out who she was talking about if they were from the area, would YOU come on and say "I've seen the error of my ways" or come on and say "Lies! Lies! It's all LIES!"

I don't have a clue personally what really happened...or even if they were talking about the same incident/day...I just wanna watch the drama!

Yes we do care. Trust me betrayed/taken COTHers can be quite an upset bunch. By all means, have at it. Expose the lies but do it in a non-nasty way, lest you find yourself on the bad side of the mods.

wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I now return to my Thin Mints.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I know I shouldn't but this is just toooooo slow....

how do we know that the person denying the allegations is more accurate than the person making them ???

yeah, well what whe describes to what i saw is pure BS, the stuff she described wasn't even possible given the equipment she describes (how can you jerk on a pony's mouth when they are being lightly hacked bareback in a halter - no bridle, no bit, no saddle, no crop, no spurs... hmm - hard to do without a bit) this is a teenager who writes, who maybe doesn't understand the consequences of making drama out of everyday life..... but for those of us over the age of 40, who have seen the downside of teenage drama... are more careful about exaggerating, lying and mis-representing what has happened. sorry you were duped, but you were duped. i'm going to film events from now on! but in the end, i just feel pity for this young girl... guess it makes her feel important ... i hope the feud with the neighbours is fake too.

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorth
    don't u guys care that it is all fabrication? or is that part of the game? do i get to make up stuff? i have a super imagination, and could really go 4 it..... but the original rant is probably more interesting.... so if it all made up... who gives a s**t then? sigh, think i'll go ride 4 awhile, at least that's real.
    Sorry GWN, but no one on this board knows who you are and we have no real basis to judge your posts (punctuation, grammar, and spelling always help when trying to leave a positive impression). Usually people who join a board and all of their initial posts are attacking an established member are referred to as "trolls". Of course, sometimes the trolls become valued members of the community and the other person leaves...you just never know what will happen. Hence all of us being glued to the thread! And if you aren't familiar with COTH, it can take a bit to learn the culture...it's its own little world! We'll wait for the rebuttal argument from TropicalStorm and watch things unfold.

Take it as a given that everyone here hates horse abuse, hates trainers who pretend to know more than they do, and hates people who lie about others.

Isn't the OP just north of us? (I'm in Gig Harbor) I thought BC?? You are right, who knows who is telling the truth. But I feel like an ass for falling for it, if I should not have. If I should have, then ok. Good lord, I just confused myself. I just hope the alleged abuse is not happening. I'm sure it will get back to the PC being accused, my big mouth is not the only mouth to have opened I'm sure.
    The Knotted Pony

Ooops, I was talking to Critters!
    The Knotted Pony